Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATED] Memory Book Level 5000 Event

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    What turns me off from doing it was that most items and items from events, even hot days expire...sure i guess nexon had something against hoarders but why?? D:

Why limit us from thinking ahead? because it seems this game needed alot of thinking ahead if you catch my drift > w>
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Alshian wrote: »
    What turns me off from doing it was that most items and items from events, even hot days expire...sure i guess nexon had something against hoarders but why?? D:

Why limit us from thinking ahead? because it seems this game needed alot of thinking ahead if you catch my drift > w>

I have items from 6-7 years ago I had left to plan ahead. Plans have not come to fruition thus far. ;)
  • NullavieNullavie
    Mabinogi Rep: 830

I have items from 6-7 years ago I had left to plan ahead. Plans have not come to fruition thus far. ;)

Not sure why Nexon has become so restrictive of items obtained via events, but the sheer extent of limitations on some of the items obtained is almost comedic. For example, during the Memory Book questline,
    you're given a fine reforging tool as a reward for stage completion. If you hover over that tool, it will say it expires in 9 mins.

A friend of mine tried saving up items from the recently passed raccoon event, only to find that after the maintenance they deleted ALL remaining event items. I'm pretty sure they're in no shortage of space in their items database, but I guess they want to push players to use their rewards. If it is, however, a space issue, that may explain one of the reasons they're looking at a megaserver upgrade.

Character Name: Eveila
    Server: Ruari
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited December 24, 2018
    Nullavie wrote: »

Not sure why Nexon has become so restrictive of items obtained via events, but the sheer extent of limitations on some of the items obtained is almost comedic. For example, during the Memory Book questline,
    you're given a fine reforging tool as a reward for stage completion. If you hover over that tool, it will say it expires in 9 mins.

A friend of mine tried saving up items from the recently passed raccoon event, only to find that after the maintenance they deleted ALL remaining event items. I'm pretty sure they're in no shortage of space in their items database, but I guess they want to push players to use their rewards. If it is, however, a space issue, that may explain one of the reasons they're looking at a megaserver upgrade.

Which made me VERY happy i had created the tools at the final day before it got removed, sold some extras and was amazed how much folks pay for them. This would of been a HUGE middle finger to those who wanted to make them later... but i guess they share the same tag as coins or collection to exchange for something else is why they got deleted if left alone in our inv likely in the bank for room.
  • NullavieNullavie
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    edited December 25, 2018
    Yeah, I'm sure plenty of people that saved up items for the future gave a middle finger right back when they learned that maintenance deleted their supplies for future plans. Whether or not they will continue to do this for future events is yet to be experienced. I can only guess, however, that they will continue to limit via expiration at the least. Those of us that have stored up event items from the past most likely haven't gotten the chance to use them in a good while now. For example, I have some items from the Doki Doki event that has yet to make its reappearance, and its been a few years now. Belshia's Halloween event also hasn't happened in quite some time either. I would assume they're under some form of event alternation, which keeps each year feeling different, but they seem to be coming up with new events in place of the old instead.