Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon GM tells me to post the issue here

RoyRedRoyRed
Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
edited December 21, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
This month, I just discovered some issues that are happening to me from these photos here:
6OV4EMK.png
XV8DYeV.png
XTnL58K.png
So feel free to comment on this post

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    My settings don't save whenever my mabi crashes, but they do save when I close it normally. Maybe your mabi is crashing upon exit.
    Kensamaofmari
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    edited December 21, 2018
    My settings don't save whenever my mabi crashes, but they do save when I close it normally. Maybe your mabi is crashing upon exit.

Just to let you know that I found out about my settings still get reset like my quest marker got empty when I change channels&role playing missions.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 22, 2018
    Who cares what position your avatar is in when it logs out? I mean really, who here cares? You log out, you go poof.
    LeineiGretaKensamaofmari
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    When Nexon told you to put proof of a glitch in the forums, they meant to put it in the Bugs/Glitches section in the Support Category.

Also, I'm not following what the first two pictures are supposed to be proof of. Please explain what they're referring to.

If it has to do with your Pets Line-up between one character to another, you have to manually set your Pets Line-up on characters when you get a new pet. You don't show your character in the first two screenshots, so we can't tell if you're even on the same one when these glitches are occurring.

What you could try doing in the meantime is to repair the installation by clicking the gear icon in the launcher window and see if that fixes the issue.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    I did have Mabi crash on me this week and reset all of my hotkeys/timers, but maintain the window position of everything. I haven't reverted them back yet, 'cause I haven't felt like it was important enough but is this the same as what you're trying to say in the first two SSs?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This is hilarious.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited December 24, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    Who cares what position your avatar is in when it logs out? I mean really, who here cares? You log out, you go poof.

my avatar has always been left in the same spot and position every time I log out for the last 5 years. it can extremely disturbing if a character is out of place when you log in. yeah I am probably insane but there are some players that actually care about the little things like that no matter how silly it may be. if I log out in a spot my character usually never logs out from I sometimes literally think about it all day. can totally see why something like this bothers the creator of this thread.
  • GretaGreta
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

my avatar has always been left in the same spot and position every time I log out for the last 5 years. it can extremely disturbing if a character is out of place when you log in. yeah I am probably insane but there are some players that actually care about the little things like that no matter how silly it may be. if I log out in a spot my character usually never logs out from I sometimes literally think about it all day. can totally see why something like this bothers the creator of this thread.

You misunderstood lol.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I wonder if its a file on certain people's systems that has gone bonkers.
    I have seen this on mine except when crashing a bad crash.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    This tends to happen in a crash yes, but if this is happening even when logging channels then it must mean something isn't being saved correctly.
    Attempt "repair files" in Nexon launcher, and potentially a fresh reinstall of the game. If you need help knowing how to do this, ask for help in the Technical Support section of the Forum. You were probably told to post here because it's likely a client-side issue they cannot fix.

Also lets not sit and prod with "boohoos" and "who even cares" at someone who's voicing a concern for a legitimate bug, it's pretty clearly shown here that none of their data (pet alignment, prefered squire quests, Keyboard Hotkeys, clock settings) is saving correctly and I would personally find that very frustrating.
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 28, 2018
    I always thought it was the other way around. I used to think it was weird that I sometimes would find my character in Rest skill and sometimes not, it also applied to the combat stance which I also thought was a glitch since sometimes I would log out in Rest and I may find my character in resting position.