Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

This is why I hate going for nice enchants

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited August 18, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    there's special firewood now that gets you 90-something % I think on burns but it costs like 2m to make and probably would have same results. gotta love this stupid Mabi RNG :C guess you didn't sacrifice enough dead bees

in case you're wondering and never heard of it, it's literally called special firewood. Most people know it as a material for celtic control bar but it does indeed work as a better-than-finest wood for burns

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Special_Firewood

Rng is very fickle. It's best to stack the highest odd with minimal effort than going the extra mile to still get the same result. Especially, when Ur not burning a ton but just a singular attempt. Throwing 2m away on top of the fail U would've gotten @ 80% burn is just adding insult 2 injury. :(
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Burning things gives me adrenaline.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I bought a solo burn at 2m thinking to re-sell at 3m and then I was thinking, hey, why not get a scroll to get more gold for it? I was feeling confident when trying to burn it because during the little times that I used enchant burning, I never failed. And yeah, then it failed. I literally burnt 2m. Never again.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    ShouK wrote: »
    I bought a solo burn at 2m thinking to re-sell at 3m and then I was thinking, hey, why not get a scroll to get more gold for it? I was feeling confident when trying to burn it because during the little times that I used enchant burning, I never failed. And yeah, then it failed. I literally burnt 2m. Never again.

That wuld of been a bad move irregardless of ur burn result... :s
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 18, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »

That wuld of been a bad move irregardless of ur burn result... :s

true. he would have gotten an "Exclusive Enchant Scroll" version of Solo and had to make a new burn :C and then have to unlock it. and since unlocks cost around 3 mil....
    TheNyanCat
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665

You were asking for a fail if you aren't r1 enchant.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    It's not that bad.... I failed a Spooky burn once... and then failed enchanting Spooky 20 times (and resulted in a 0% scroll).... A big waste of my time and gold with all that enchant protection potions needed and 40m burn + 40m ES :'>
  • NullavieNullavie
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    @Everyone:

There is an enchant proposal thread here that people have been using to throw out ideas to nexon regarding the stressfullness of using enchantment and burning success rates. In my opinion, the worst part of the process is burning, as the "all or nothing" approach is flat out brutal regardless of what rank the enchant is or your skill ranks/materials used in the process. The enchant system is heavily outdated, so hopefully the GMs notice something they like or come up with something to make the process more up-to-date and doable, and soon.

Character Name: Eveila
    Server: Ruari
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 28, 2018
    Nullavie wrote: »
    @Everyone:

There is an enchant proposal thread here that people have been using to throw out ideas to nexon regarding the stressfullness of using enchantment and burning success rates. In my opinion, the worst part of the process is burning, as the "all or nothing" approach is flat out brutal regardless of what rank the enchant is or your skill ranks/materials used in the process. The enchant system is heavily outdated, so hopefully the GMs notice something they like or come up with something to make the process more up-to-date and doable, and soon.

@everyone

I'm really feeling that ping!

Also why put IGN and Server here? Pretty sure this is not Bugs and Glitches category?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    What we really need is a new enchant that increases enchanting success rates. :D
  • NullavieNullavie
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    @Greta

I place them there as my signature. Its easier for people to identify me if they happen to be in the same server. If they have any additional questions, and I'm not in the forums, they could contact me via pm, mail, or whisper. My global Nexon name is Nullavie. That name I use across all the forums for Nexon.

Leinei
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nullavie wrote: »
    @Greta

I place them there as my signature. Its easier for people to identify me if they happen to be in the same server. If they have any additional questions, and I'm not in the forums, they could contact me via pm, mail, or whisper. My global Nexon name is Nullavie. That name I use across all the forums for Nexon.

Oh okay.

Character Name: Gretux
    Server: Alexina
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    I failed an absolute burn with r1 enchant, r1 campfire and special firewood on Saturday, so I know the feeling. Feels like I just threw 15m away. I really do wish they'd changed the way enchanting works.
This discussion has been closed.