Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What is bag order?

DaktaroDaktaro
Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
edited January 21, 2017 in Help
What determines the order of what bag something goes into when you pick it up?
Been trying to find out (excluding item specific bags like Lux, Simon, Potion etc).

It's not order of how they're arranged in the inventory. It's not order of when you owned the bag. It's not bag size. It's not release date. It's not alphabetical.

So then what? o_o

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Unless there's a specific labeled bag (like simon, potion, etc...) they fill by left to right top to bottom based on the squares in your Basic inventory tab. So following left to right top to bottom through the squares in that tab, the first bag on a square following that pattern that has an open spot that fits the item being picked up (unless it's a special bag) is the bag that it goes in. ... Hope I explained that well enough that you can understand.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    @Ktty weird.. unless i'm not understanding (which it could be lol) i can't see how it works like that..
    mine goes to beginner bag first (top middle) then dream event bag (middle right) then devcat bag (bottom left) then young tarlach (top right) etc ?
    http://puu.sh/tvm6c/8a11bd1b15.jpg
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited January 22, 2017
    Regardless of the order I've ever put my bags that's the way the game determines where to place items. I've reordered my bags many times and it's always followed that. The game is specifically coded to place items in the first available spot running left to right top to bottom (based on the squares in the basic tab). Also realize that the Young Tarlach bag is a special bag. It 'picks up' items other than gold. as such it can work like the potion, simon, etc... bags.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    @Ktty ehhh so weird. in that case, not counting the young tarlach bag, it should go to my carasek after the beginner bag but it doesn't.
    skips to dream bag = 3 = then skips the birmans too and goes to devcat.