Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tomorrow's Gift Box for dummies

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
edited January 2, 2019 in General Chat
I think i have experienced receiving a "Tomorrow's Gift Box" from a past event before
but for some reason i cant remember its details (probably I messed up and the trauma made me forget)
so to make it simple here are some questions:
1. do we receive a prize and upgrade the box or do we only get to either receive a prize or upgrade the box
2. when receiving a prize is it given randomly or do we get to choose what to receive

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 2, 2019
    1.only either receive a prize or upgrade the box
    2. RNG

anyone else is free to correct me if I'm wrong but after reading the details I'm pretty sure this is how it works
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I am sooooo confused. :(
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Gaea wrote: »
    I am sooooo confused. :(

well I'm soooooooooo confused. Twice the o's so double the confusion,

I've read it several times every day since it was posted and still can't figure it out. I was honestly starting to wonder if maybe I was going stupid in my old age or what.
  • ErrorForEverErrorForEver
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,600
    edited January 2, 2019
    G22 Tomorrow's Gift Box
    Event Dates: Saturday, January 5th - Wednesday, January 9th
    Event Details:

You will receive a G22 Tomorrow's Gift Box on January 5th ONLY.
    You must open the box before January 9th.
    You need to use the box to upgrade the box.
    The box can only be upgraded during 1/5(Sat)-1/8(Tue). You can't upgrade the box on 1/9(Wed)**, but you can still open it and receive rewards.

When you get the box, you should use the box at least once. There will be a pop-up message that asks you if want to open the box.

When you click [Open the Box] button, the message will show you the reward you are supposed to get, and ask you if you want to [Get prize right now] or give up the current reward and [Open again next day].

If you click [Get the prize right now], you will get today's reward, and the box will disappear. Hence, you cannot get the next day's box.
    If you click [Open again next day], you won't get today's reward, but you will get the next day's box. You can open it the next day, and do the same thing.

Basically open the box and get two choices to open it right now or open the next day. You will get the same message for the second day and for the third day you will have to get what is inside the box since its only 3 days. If you miss a day then you have 2 more tries because the event only last five days. 1 more try**

Hope that helps.
    KingEphypawcalypseoffwithyourheadsSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    GUClm3KRVQnMKJqHUGfygLMOuO6cIYQK_598x414.jpg
    Kensamaofmaripawcalypse
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Didn't we have this same event b4 when new mainstream content was announced? Sounds exactly like the same method.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Rhey wrote: »
    Didn't we have this same event b4 when new mainstream content was announced? Sounds exactly like the same method.

The Chain Blade and the dual gun. The dual gun had some hiccups, some people got it early.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Has anyone received the box?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    jjeremy wrote: »

Nope..... I certainly didn't get it yet. Hope I didn't somehow miss out on it completely.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    No, none of my friends have the box yet.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    jjeremy wrote: »

Nope still not handed out yet.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I can onfirm you need to cc/relog/whatever to get the box. it wasn't handed out on daily/weekly reset
    Ktty
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    As for how to do this event properly:

Use the box.
    Select to Open the box.
    This will tell you what prize you will get today and THEN ask if you want to actually receive this prize, or to instead open the box tomorrow.
    fbf839327f.png
    If you're happy with this prize, select Receive Now.

If you want to receive Day 2's box, select the option to Open Again Tomorrow.
    It'll ask if you're sure, so press Open Again Tomorrow a second time.

This will give you the next day's box, for you to open tomorrow.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited January 5, 2019
    If you have not received Tomorrow's Gift Box, log-out and login again. You can bank trade in case, according to what others said.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    If you have not received Tomorrow's Gift Box, log-out and login again. You can bank trade in case, according to what others said.

That's right, can't trade it the regular way, but moveable within the same account:
    02f37a6953.png
    Ktty
  • BelleBelle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
    Thank you everyone for the updated information. Much appreciated.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Welp. Since I din't get the box today, I was just messing with my mules.

Suddenly one of them got the box.

At the very least, they're bank trasnferable.

Still. The way of obtaining a new box is pretty, well. Misleading.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I havent opened mine since I got it, did I screw up badly?
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    @Kensamaofmari
    Depends did you click use-> open -> open/ wait for tomorrow?

It should tell you what you got then if you want it now or to wait till tomorrow
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    @Kensamaofmari
    Depends did you click use-> open -> open/ wait for tomorrow?

It should tell you what you got then if you want it now or to wait till tomorrow

I just left it in inventory not touching it. Seems like it will be day 1 as long as I don't touch it.