Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Attack speed buffs no longer affect archery.

RRMRRM
Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
edited January 9, 2019 in Bugs and Glitches
What happens now: The buff from Vivace does not positively affect archery at all, it reloads and aims at the same speed with or without.
What should happen instead: The buff should improve archery aiming speed like it used to, or reduce attack delay like it does for other skillsets.

Back in April 2015 (so three years ago), I tested aim speed by aiming at around maximum distance with various types of bows and buffs. I recorded multiple attempts and then went back and analyzed them frame-by-frame to determine how long it would take to hit 99% aim speed. My findings indicated that Vivace gave a benefit to archery's aim speed (opposed to "reload" or attack delay speed, like it does for melee). So it worked back then.

In addition, the attack speed set bonus clearly states in-game that it should improve aim speed.
RfIChXV.png

However, testing today (again with frame-by-frame recordings) shows that Vivace does not buff aim speed with bows anymore. It takes 1.575 to 1.583 seconds to aim from x% (3 or 4 depending) to 99% with no buffs, with GM wings, with Vivace, with Vivace plus the wings, etc.

Note that both the "Renovation: Magic" and "Renovation: Archery" updates have happened since the original testing, and one of them may have broken it. I suspect this because around that time (or later) there were (attempted) fixes to magic cast times not being buffed properly with reforges or something. This means code related to attack speed buffs in general may have been fiddled with, unintentionally breaking the effects on archery.

Server: Ruairi
IGN: RRM
Sphyra21Imaizumi

Comments

• RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Okay today I noticed that the attack speed set effect icon states that the buff should work on aim speed so I updated the first post a bit and included a screenshot.