Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tech Duinn missions

ZeoZeo
Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
in General Chat

I tried running the second mission yesterday with someone after finishing G22 and it’s pretty difficult even on Normal difficulty... so have anyone tried those yet and have anyone cleared it yet? What kind of prize can you get from there other than the item needed to advance Techniques higher than level 4 and some items there needed to learn new Technique?

I hope to try it again but with more people in the party this time, maybe when few of my guildmates end up finishing G22 but what are some of the methods that you guys have found to work (be sure to mention which mission too) as I know those two missions relies on using Techniques to get by.

Comments

• MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    The problem I've been having with this mission is that second phase where you're supposed to kill through a chain of monsters and hit an orb before the lights run out, but no matter what, it always tells me I have to start over before I can hit the orb, regardless of whether there's 0, 3 or one time even 6 lights left when I kill the last monster.

It's frustrating me excessively.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    The boss of it "Tech Duinn Geata " is a real beast....its like fighting a Guardian from breath of the wild but more beams and pew pew.

I died to much since I am not so tanky, sad life elf here but managed to clear it 4 times to get a new Tech relentless assault but...idk if i would want to run this again.

The boss is just soooo unpredictable, you either take it all in face first or die trying...
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Basically... face-tanking and potions.

Feth Fiada at least feels easier to me than Revived Illusion, though.
    I just hate the circle rooms in Illusion, a lot.
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    edited January 11, 2019
    Well that's a fun boss made of lazers and hatred.

Definitely a satisfying thing to encounter after making war with the orb bit's questionable rule following regarding the lights.

I can understand that these are meant to be done in parties but it feels like the game's actively changing the rules to cheat you if you're not in one, and this is on normal. Half the time I don't think I could run from one end of the corridor to the other and hit the orb in time even without having to kill the monsters.

I do appreciate that every time I get kicked out of the mission for running out of time I get a fog marble, though. So I'm not 100% wasting my time.
  • AlshianAlshian
    I just want nexon to reduce the requirement for "Dampen shock" from base DEF 150 to 90 and MDEF 90 to 60.

Because just having lesser requirement when you already complete the requirement makes you need to fill the requirement again to use it.
    Also because if your someone with low budget on gear you won't be able to make the requirement UNLESS you have 850~1000 Str.

For Elves getting 900~1000 Str is a real challenge for this Technique.

Every other Technique requirement is fine with me = w =
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Oh c'mon guys, give it a few months and we will get this dance down too.
    AzurexrinBlissfulkill
  • nikyahnikyah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,150
    where is this Tech Duinn at? and do you have to finish g22 before playing it?
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    Marith wrote: »
    The problem I've been having with this mission is that second phase where you're supposed to kill through a chain of monsters and hit an orb before the lights run out, but no matter what, it always tells me I have to start over before I can hit the orb, regardless of whether there's 0, 3 or one time even 6 lights left when I kill the last monster.

What are you using to kill the zombies? i cant seem to damage them at all
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Alalarose wrote: »

You have to deal over 10k damage in one blow to kill them. As a human I felt Mag and Smash were to slow and ended up having to use SoT speed buff (I also use a wave sweeper and 2% totem) and chain impale to do it fast enough to get to the orb in time.
  • AlshianAlshian
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    Alalarose wrote: »

You have to deal over 10k damage in one blow to kill them. As a human I felt Mag and Smash were to slow and ended up having to use SoT speed buff (I also use a wave sweeper and 2% totem) and chain impale to do it fast enough to get to the orb in time.

Ugh, so if i need to kill the zombie id need to crit....talk about rng!!!!!

Prob be able to deal 10k if i had 1450+ max dmg as base but that will take me all other planned things PLUS being 40k+ while being lvl 200 current just to have 1900+ Dex from shine of eweca
    Sheena
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Yeah, we tried Feth Fiada Adv yesterday.

We could hardly get through the Zombie Light Damage Check before the mist kicked us out of the mission.
    Couple that with the boss being even tankier, and dealing almost 2k damage per tick with its laser spam, and...

And there were some STRONG players in this party of 4.
    I'm wondering about the mechanics of the zombies... You seem to need to deal 20k, maybe even 30k damage to damage them on Adv.
    And support shot Chain Impales didn't quite seem to do the trick, they still needed to crit.
    So it was basically an RNG-fest to get through the zombies.

Maybe having higher leveled Techniques will make the difference.
    But it feels like they EXPECT everyone who tries to do the Adv level Tech Duinn missions to be decked out in the best of the best gear, enchants, AND reforges.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Alshian wrote: »
    I just want nexon to reduce the requirement for "Dampen shock" from base DEF 150 to 90 and MDEF 90 to 60.

Because just having lesser requirement when you already complete the requirement makes you need to fill the requirement again to use it.
    Also because if your someone with low budget on gear you won't be able to make the requirement UNLESS you have 850~1000 Str.

I'm an elf and I can achieve that with my clothes and divine link. I think the requirement is just fine.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 12, 2019
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

I'm an elf and I can achieve that with my clothes and divine link. I think the requirement is just fine.

same.
  • ZeoZeo
    I decided to run two Feth Fiada missions with a party of 4!

We did manage to get to the end of the boss and got it down to around 40% before the mission kicked us out. Like Marith mentioned though, you get one orb from being kicked out which is needed for that quest.

...I wonder if we can just go in and afk in the mission til we get kicked out everytime to collect those orbs.
    purpley
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Zeo wrote: »
    I decided to run two Feth Fiada missions with a party of 4!

We did manage to get to the end of the boss and got it down to around 40% before the mission kicked us out. Like Marith mentioned though, you get one orb from being kicked out which is needed for that quest.

...I wonder if we can just go in and afk in the mission til we get kicked out everytime to collect those orbs.

Yes you can. People on discord have been telling others to do that.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    How long are these missions, time wise?
  • ZeoZeo
    edited January 12, 2019
    So I cleared Feth Fiada twice and Illusion Rebirth just now.

They're not that difficult if you have a whole party that know what to do, actually!

For Feth Fiada one, when you do the orb rooms, you'd want to try to kill the Black Moon follower so they give you more time to stay in the mission before you get kicked out! It's overall actually quite easy. Only part that may give you some trouble are the part where you have to kill mobs over 10k and hit the orb before light reach to the end and both gate parts (though, just cut their defense and protection down with few different things and it should die quite quickly).

For Revived Illusion - it's more annoying than Feth Fiada but still doable. In the first few rooms, there's two with the circles so you want someone to stay in the circle - generally we just have someone transform into Nascent Divinity drinking potions, using Shield of Trust, etc to stay on the circle while the rest of partymates kill the Black Moon followers. When you get to part where you have to protect few kids, we luckily had a giant who just spammed Windguard and FS to get rid of the followers while rest of us basically just destroy the gate. For last few rooms, you want to kill the Lizard Witches as soon as possible before they summon the salamanders! The boss is Balor and it basically does the same thing as G22's finale except he have some more HP!
    purpley
  • AlshianAlshian

They're not that difficult if you have a whole party that know what to do, actually!

For Feth Fiada one, when you do the orb rooms, you'd want to try to kill the Black Moon follower so they give you more time to stay in the mission before you get kicked out! It's overall actually quite easy. Only part that may give you some trouble are the part where you have to kill mobs over 10k and hit the orb before light reach to the end and both gate parts (though, just cut their defense and protection down with few different things and it should die quite quickly).

For Illusion Rebirth - it's more annoying than Feth Fiada but still doable. In the first few rooms, there's two with the circles so you want someone to stay in the circle - generally we just have someone transform into Nascent Divinity drinking potions, using Shield of Trust, etc to stay on the circle while the rest of partymates kill the Black Moon followers. When you get to part where you have to protect few kids, we luckily had a giant who just spammed Windguard and FS to get rid of the followers while rest of us basically just destroy the gate. For last few rooms, you want to kill the Lizard Witches as soon as possible before they summon the salamanders! The boss is Balor and it basically does the same thing as G22's finale except he have some more HP!

So Balor has more hp? how about the damage? I wanted to do it just so i can get Exploit weakness, I need to find giants or high level players to do it with me and let me get the final blow on Balor.
  • IyasenuIyasenu

For Illusion Rebirth - it's more annoying than Feth Fiada but still doable. In the first few rooms, there's two with the circles so you want someone to stay in the circle - generally we just have someone transform into Nascent Divinity drinking potions, using Shield of Trust, etc to stay on the circle while the rest of partymates kill the Black Moon followers. When you get to part where you have to protect few kids, we luckily had a giant who just spammed Windguard and FS to get rid of the followers while rest of us basically just destroy the gate. For last few rooms, you want to kill the Lizard Witches as soon as possible before they summon the salamanders! The boss is Balor and it basically does the same thing as G22's finale except he have some more HP!

So Balor has more hp? how about the damage? I wanted to do it just so i can get Exploit weakness, I need to find giants or high level players to do it with me and let me get the final blow on Balor.

Make sure you bring guns for Way of the Gun, or some other way to guarantee that your finishing blow will be a critical hit.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Make sure you bring guns for Way of the Gun, or some other way to guarantee that your finishing blow will be a critical hit.

Yea I used way of the gun after many deaths from NOT the boss but the stinking Salamanders....WHY NEXON!?????????? stupid near endless summons of Salamanders do they KNOW Balor is an awful boss begin with? That they needed to place summons to make us hate this even more?????

Thought this would be Hard but no its not HARD but straight up ANNOYING! but oh wells, i had my last laugh finally have all the tech...I am going to go lay down now...games should not feel like what I'm feeling, i was kinda expecting something to be fun in this G22 but ended up being another way to get under the skin of many none Giant players.