Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Let us "Feed the pet" till its full...

GremmGremm
Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
edited January 9, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Every healer in this game can heal any wounds or lost HP on a player or pet to full perfection for about 200 gold.

My suggestion:
Let Gordon and/or Frazer in Emain Macha have the option of selling stackable lunchboxes along with the option of buying dinner to your currently summoned pet so that it gets 100% satiation and won't starve and have you lose loyalty unnecessary on the go.

We could even have Granis of Dunbarton and other similar NPC's that handle food wares being able to sell those stackable boxed lunches for the pets satiation system.

On a sidenote, i hate this starvation system badly
I woke up this morning, realized that my partner has 46 likeability, and that's nice. I've worked hard on her lately for the past 4-5 days but now when i accidentally activated a G19 quest that took everything i had i realized halfway through the fight that i was losing likeability points like crazy! I wasn't able to unsummon her due to being Pennar and the crystal boars sandbag all the time and when we both finally died so i could abort the dmn mission her likeability was down to 14, her stamina had gone from 46% to 0% within 20 min of fighting and that made me lose all my progress during these last few days.
Im not even gonna bother making a ticket about this incident either since I've always get a "funny guy" that want me to repeat everything that happened and get a good 4K video of it for him, then he/she will reply with:
"You're wrong about this subject!" and "You should stop bothering us!" or "Please don't create another ticket on this subject!" and my favorite "I apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. We hope you understand, have a nice day!"

So here is a suggestion to my situation, lunchboxes and a place or two to actually feed them instead of having us go around buying food items to feed them manually.
Just like Manus can heal everything with the click of 1 button i want to be able to feed my pets till theyre full and have stackable lunchboxes for the satiety system.

Thank you in advance.
Gindr
Alexina Server
Yuukaku79

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    What's wrong about buying food and giving it to the pets?
    And easier for partners, just buy the food in their stores and give it to them.
    And if you need to decrease their stress, just gift them the food.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    wouldn't it be neat if we could order pets to eat from catering placements?
    Gremm
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I just use Sliced Meat.
    It's a readily available for purchase, stackable foodstuff that restores a good amount of Hunger.

And you should really keep a closer eye on your Partner's hunger.
    They literally tell you if they're hungry in their text box they say now and then.

And luckily it's so much faster to get Likeability for partners nowadays, back when they were new you could only give them one gift per day, rather than the 5 you can do now.
    Just keep an eye on their hunger from now on and keep some Sliced meat on you at all times.
    I'm sure you can spare 1x1 space in your inventory if it means keeping your Partners from starving.
    Faybal
  • GremmGremm
    edited January 10, 2019
    By the gods above, why in the world are there always people trying to shut me down or tell me how else to do it whenever i post something?

Is it illegal to post a suggestion and not have complainers nagging me down nowadays? Im getting real tired of this forum to be honest, it was better back in the days when people didnt comment on things they didn't like.

You don't like my suggestion? Duly noted, you may now carry on with your life and leave.

That would've been great actually, also, thank you for your positive response to my suggestion. :)
    Gremm wrote: »
    By the gods above, why in the world are there always people trying to shut me down or tell me how else to do it whenever i post something?

Is it illegal to post a suggestion and not have complainers nagging me down nowadays? Im getting real tired of this forum to be honest, it was better back in the days when people didnt comment on things they didn't like.

You don't like my suggestion? Duly noted, you may now carry on with your life and leave.

That would've been great actually, also, thank you for your positive response to my suggestion. :)

No, it's just some of us don't see a reason to add such a feature.
    Although the eat from catering is a good one.

From Your Pet

Pet Characteristics
    Just like humans, the pets age at noon on Samhain.
    Bonus stats will be given out depending on the age, and after reaching a certain age, the pet can also be reborn.

Pets will automatically acquire skills and rank up as their levels increase.
    They cannot converse with the NPCs, and also can't trade with regular characters.
    Pets cannot equip items. Pets that are summoned by their masters can't consume food or potions by themselves, so the masters will have to feed them directly.

If the character spends a set amount of time with the pet after summoning the pet, the character will receive a companion bonus.

I guess they made it in a way where players are responsible to give extra care for their pets rather than be livestock?
    Faybal
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited January 10, 2019
    I think the disagreement comes from a misunderstanding or lack of info. Pets are easy to feed by just spamming them with food, but (from what I read) partners are more difficult to feed because you can only give them 5 items (per day?). OP's suggestion is a way to fully feed the partner through an NPC (like going to a restaurant).

Gremm, do the partners automatically eat from lunchboxes in their inventory when they're hungry?
  • GremmGremm
    No, it's just some of us don't see a reason to add such a feature.
    Although the eat from catering is a good one.

you never see a reason to add any features and many of your comments are rude, disagreeing or just plain mean in shutting someone down. It's no wonder why people rarely care to enter the forums lately...

If you don't like it you have a choice to actually not comment to begin with, i can count on 1 hand of the times I've seen you add anything useful to a suggestion but I've seen many of your comments trying to deny the other persons suggestion multiple times just because you don't like it.

The hell is wrong with you mate? If you cant contribute to a suggestion that are there for creative discussions or even add a positive comment to someone's ideas then why are you even on these forums?

Oh, and you can try to report me to a BM for "harassments" if you like, they won't do anything about it though. Ive lost count on how many times ive reported you on this matter, the GMs or people from the Mabi-team/Nexon just dont care.
    I think the disagreement comes from a misunderstanding or lack of info. Pets are easy to feed by just spamming them with food, but (from what I read) partners are more difficult to feed because you can only give them 5 items (per day?). OP's suggestion is a way to fully feed the partner through an NPC (like going to a restaurant).

Gremm, do the partners automatically eat from lunchboxes in their inventory when they're hungry?

We both know that that suggestion has been shut down before so no, this time i just wanted something on the go that would feed the pet/partner to 100% satiation with just 1 item if youre in a hurry or just dont have a lot of food available in your SM or any other instances that are hard to escape from..

• GremmGremm
    Sight, just ignore me and my suggestions if you dont like what youre seeing, ive been shut down one too many times in here that im getting emotional and im hating everyone nowadays, including myself.

Sorry about the mean words i said Kensamaofmari, meant them of course but i could have said them in a better way if i were more calm.
    @Gremm

I apologize if you think my reply was rude. There was no intention to be rude.

If there is a way for me to rephrase my below response, I would. Personally, I see my response as a simple question and 2 statements stating the current features from the game. I want to see in your opinion where I have made a mistake on hurting your feelings, and I will adjust my commenting next time.

"What's wrong about buying food and giving it to the pets?
    And easier for partners, just buy the food in their stores and give it to them.
    And if you need to decrease their stress, just gift them the food."

Again, I apologize if the comment has hurt you.

From my understanding of your original post, you use your pets/partners a lot, especially the latter. And I know it's extremely frustrating when partners get hungry and their favor ability drops and stress rises. I too have had problems (especially when commencing) when maybe fighting bandits and they get hungry.

But where I disagree is the need to make a new item to use as feed. Instead, why not make adjustments to the rate that a partner stress and favor ability increase/decrease due to hunger. Instead of having it activated at 50%, why not have it activate at 35-40% when logically, one is really hungry? And the rate of the negative effects of hunger could maybe be slower when it's up around that 35-40% range, maybe 2-3 min, and then increase once it's lower? 1 min under 25%? That way you will have enough time to procure supplies to feed them.

But I see that your lunchbox suggestion serves kind of like a full recovery potion, but exclusive to hunger.
    Now, here's another question, are you proposing that this lunchbox to keep a pet/partner more full over time? In other words helps slow the rate that hunger will occur?

If that is correct, then it is a meaningful item, but adjustments can also be made to other foods as well to have different rates of the hunger ailment.

Let me know what you think. We can all work on this as a team to find out what is the best way to find to best suggestion to see if Nexon will take it.

After all, that's what this section is for. Everyone to combine their minds together and use creativity, imagination, and logic to find solutions.
    Gremm
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 12, 2019

Oh dear lord, people are disagreeing with me on the internet as they do offline! Gahhhhhh!!!!

@Gremm Criticism is not censorship. Disagreement is not us pointing a gun to your head and telling you to pipe down, it is us simply expressing a view that just opposes your own.

"Didn't comment on things we didn't like"? Oh, are we suppose to sing songs while equating discourse with disarray and dislike with discrimination? I apologize for my caustic display of sarcasm, but it is a tad bit unrealistic to expect or wish for people to come and wholeheartedly agree with any idea, and not express any reservation.

The discussion arises out of disagreement, but a lack of fervent acceptance of your suggestion isn't tantamount to a complete lack of tolerance. It is a completely juvenile way of thinking.

Think, what if you disagreed with one of us on an idea we had? Would you expect us to drop our opinion in lieu of adopting your opposing view? No, of course not. Additionally, would you not want the opportunity to state your disagreement politely and with impunity?

I understand what it is like, to be an emotionally charged adolescent, scaling the artifice of adulthood. Part of being an adult means that people will disagree with you on many matters, and accepting that that they don't necessarily hold any ill will towards you. If an individual cannot handle that, then they have no place in the adult world, much less a discussion board.

I am not being mean solely for the sake of being an asshat. I am breaking to you a truth that I and many others have experienced firsthand.
    Faybal
  • GremmGremm
    edited January 12, 2019
    You got it mostly right, my idea is like a full recovery potion but for the hunger levels exclusive.
    But ive also learned that if you ask for too much or make things too complicated they will never get implemented into the game so i always try to keep my suggestions simple, i too would love to have a food item that helps slow the hunger rate but that probably wont happen.

This suggestion is mostly a compromise from me to Nexon along with some wishes that it get some good feedback so it gets noticed easier.
    Let me know what you think. We can all work on this as a team to find out what is the best way to find to best suggestion to see if Nexon will take it.

After all, that's what this section is for. Everyone to combine their minds together and use creativity, imagination, and logic to find solutions.

Its been many years since anyone wanted to come together and help build or develop any of my suggestions, many times they think that things should stay as they are or they have a better idea than mine and i should change my suggestion to fit their ideas instead. I cant even have any polls up nowadays due to so many people disagreeing with me and my suggestions..

I just lose heart after all this time, i feel like i cant take it anymore.

Ill be going away from the mabi-forums for a couple of months (or longer), i need a break from this place.
    Kensamaofmari
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    @Gremm I do genuinely apologise. It seems you have something going on in your life that needs taking care of.

That wasn't my intention, to hurt you, and I doubt it was anyone else's. Take care of yourself, and fight on.

As fellow players, we are cheering you on from here on out! :D

(I recently recovered from a few months of suicidal thoughts myself)
    You got it mostly right, my idea is like a full recovery potion but for the hunger levels exclusive.
    But ive also learned that if you ask for too much or make things too complicated they will never get implemented into the game so i always try to keep my suggestions simple, i too would love to have a food item that helps slow the hunger rate but that probably wont happen.

This suggestion is mostly a compromise from me to Nexon along with some wishes that it get some good feedback so it gets noticed easier.

Its been many years since anyone wanted to come together and help build or develop any of my suggestions, many times they think that things should stay as they are or they have a better idea than mine and i should change my suggestion to fit their ideas instead. I cant even have any polls up nowadays due to so many people disagreeing with me and my suggestions..

I just lose heart after all this time, i feel like i cant take it anymore.

Ill be going away from the mabi-forums for a couple of months (or longer), i need a break from this place.

I'm glad that at least just this once, we've come closer to an understanding.
    I do hope that you can continue with this community after a break. Stay strong, whether we find agreement or disagreement, we will wait for your return. Hopefully, we will be able to find more agreements than disagreements in the future.