Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Trepidations...

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
in General Chat
So I crunch sum numbers...and 9.34 billion gold is potentially injected into the econ. And most of the stockpile is going to botters. Inflation and gold sellers are going to increase again in count after this event period. Its gunna be hella annoying...

giphy.gif

On the other note...Huanted and creepy/etc needs a boost in DRop rate. Plz crash their econ worth. Scalpers & NX traders are having a field day with this.

tumblr_npkr3xs9Vx1qba9qlo1_500.gif

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    >The rich players ruin the economy by inflating prices of new gacha items!!!!

>Free repairs for a month, back to back events that generate a metric duck ton of gold

>Omg the rich players are ruining the economy again!!!!

It's almost like removing one of the only relevant gold sinks for over a month is a bad idea when you have events like math/a raffle that spawns actual billions.
    WolfsingerBuffalosstarkiller1286pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 14, 2019
    Don't worry! People are getting banned for that kind of activity. I already know a few of these players who will be gone for a while during this time.

...and NO, I wasn't the one who reported them (I've stopped since the last time I was soooooo baited). But I was told about it and I was amused. Justice finally served.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Banned by inflated the economy? Was this player controlled economy because I don't appear to have seen a rule about that.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Alshian wrote: »
    Banned by inflated the economy? Was this player controlled economy because I don't appear to have seen a rule about that.

What goes wrong with an unregulated economy. Those who have accumulated a lot of wealth manipulate the economy by deciding the price of everything that is distributed at certain price(s), supply and demand. This forces consumer players to have no choice but to buy these goods to keep pace or else be edged out in competitively.

Sinister people accumulate the gold, manipulate high prices in game, illegally sell the gold irl, with prices high and people's will to buy higher, in the end participate in illegal gold purchases to gain the goods they desire, gold is sent back into the black market and resold for more irl illegal profits.

That's just one path of many many issues.
  • AlshianAlshian

What goes wrong with an unregulated economy. Those who have accumulated a lot of wealth manipulate the economy by deciding the price of everything that is distributed at certain price(s), supply and demand. This forces consumer players to have no choice but to buy these goods to keep pace or else be edged out in competitively.

Sinister people accumulate the gold, manipulate high prices in game, illegally sell the gold irl, with prices high and people's will to buy higher, in the end participate in illegal gold purchases to gain the goods they desire, gold is sent back into the black market and resold for more irl illegal profits.

Your solution to that is to not indulge yourselves in such acts or you only had given them more power over you. Because its not just the wealthy flashing shiny and bills at you to dictate value but the very consumers themselves.

That is why the economy is as what it is...folks take the shortcuts to much to the point of almost no repair UNLESS you strip EVERYONE of gold but THAT too would cause problems since players these days only cater to acts even if warned.

Alas its only a matter of the folly to ruin the economy because mostly everyone are either kids or adults with minds of one that knows nothing of management of base economy. THAT is the fall of Mabi's economy its not just supply and demand, its all about folks who go for shortcuts without thinking of short comings.

Your solution to that is to not indulge yourselves in such acts or you only had given them more power over you. Because its not just the wealthy flashing shiny and bills at you to dictate value but the very consumers themselves.

That is why the economy is as what it is...folks take the shortcuts to much to the point of almost no repair UNLESS you strip EVERYONE of gold but THAT too would cause problems since players these days only cater to acts even if warned.

Alas its only a matter of the folly to ruin the economy because mostly everyone are either kids or adults with minds of one that knows nothing of management of base economy. THAT is the fall of Mabi's economy its not just supply and demand, its all about folks who go for shortcuts without thinking of short comings.

Which is why it's the folks at Nexon and Devcat who don't go through enough lengths to manage a player economy.
    At this point, there is not real solution to control this, but at the minimum cut out illegal activity, which in the end, is not easy.

It was going to end up this way the moment they made license shops free for all when back then, it was premium.
  • RheyRhey
    Phoenix feathers have a 300k-100m+ average-recent transaction records. An item worth 1k from Manus. Man someone should update them on how much of a killing they'd be making. /sarcasm

I refuse to believe those purchases were a result of supply/demand econ101.

tenor.gif
    CrimsọnKensamaofmaristarkiller1286pawcalypse
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Rhey wrote: »
    Phoenix feathers have a 300k-100m+ average-recent transaction records. An item worth 1k from Manus. Man someone should update them on how much of a killing they'd be making. /sarcasm

tenor.gif

And there were a series of dead bees (5 or 6) in the AH going for 999 million or something. Whatever price that makes the price tag turn red (I can't remember if that's millions or billions). I really don't get it except that it's got to be a gold buying thing, right? No one would buy a dead bee for that price.
  • RheyRhey

tenor.gif

And there were a series of dead bees (5 or 6) in the AH going for 999 million or something. Whatever price that makes the price tag turn red (I can't remember if that's millions or billions). I really don't get it except that it's got to be a gold buying thing, right? No one would buy a dead bee for that price.

Pretty much.

Gold sellers would transfer the money from their main acc that way.

While a throw away mule account take the hit while advertising.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf

Pretty much.

But then they would have to have bought several characters on their throwaway mule just to be able to bank that, right? Are they so easily making back that money that they spend to maintain this? Or maybe it's true the rumors of stolen credit cards, so it's not even THEIR money that they're using...
  • RheyRhey

Pretty much.

But then they would have to have bought several characters on their throwaway mule just to be able to bank that, right? Are they so easily making back that money that they spend to maintain this? Or maybe it's true the rumors of stolen credit cards, so it's not even THEIR money that they're using...

They advertise on a mule account.

The main is hiding the real stash of gold that anonymously purchases said shady item when a transaction is made.

And yes, loading up on bank alts 4 the main acc is easy if ur dedicated to the business.
    WolfandWolf
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

tenor.gif

I put those there because I was buying refined catalysts to make candles to train handicraft, and someone put up a series of refine catalysts for 999,999,999. Presumably to troll me. Soooooo...I put up a bunch of dead bees for the same price. I mean I had plenty from gathering wax, it was perfect.

^_^
    WolfandWolf

tenor.gif

It's more of manipulating supply/demand, market manipulation is easy when there are no caps or regulations/restrictions.
    Essentially, it becomes monopolies and cartels mixed with various other schemes.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    The rich get richer and the wealth disparity gets vaster. It's not new, this has been a trend forever. Yeah the lotto system is perfect for abuse but it's just one factor. The free repairs benefited high level players the most as well. However, to be honest gacha is often a get-rich-quick opportunity for lower tier players who can't run endgame content. It seems like every gacha at least one person my guild buys less than 10 gacha and makes 50m from a lucky drop. Creepy/Haunted/etc. have good enough drop rates tbh. They're going to be pretty common for a while among high level players.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    We should adopt dead bees as our new currency
    KensamaofmariAlshianpawcalypse
    TNinja wrote: »

Dead Bee and Potatoes
    Alshianpawcalypse
  • AlshianAlshian

Dead Bee and Potatoes

And cookies
    Kensamaofmaripawcalypse
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Gaea wrote: »

tenor.gif

I put those there because I was buying refined catalysts to make candles to train handicraft, and someone put up a series of refine catalysts for 999,999,999. Presumably to troll me. Soooooo...I put up a bunch of dead bees for the same price. I mean I had plenty from gathering wax, it was perfect.

^_^

Oh that makes sense too. :)

I did notice those refined catalysts, but didn't immediately put two and two together. I thought the refined catalysts were a bunch of gold sellers or something (like Rhey says), but it's also a possibility they were raging trolls out to target you. That's pretty nasty of them. :(

I hope your handicraft training this past weekend went well! ^ ^
  • RheyRhey
    Maia wrote: »
    They're going to be pretty common for a while among high level players.

I hope it crashes to 5-10m a pop. Still waiting to snipe a few 4 my yui's and FSN puppets.
    Essentially, it becomes monopolies and cartels mixed with various other schemes.

Hopefully, server merge SOON will mitigate this.

Dead Bee and Potatoes

And cookies

Ingots variety are perfect 2. o3o

Bangor will thrive again.
    Maia wrote: »
    They're going to be pretty common for a while among high level players.

I hope it crashes to 5-10m a pop. Still waiting to snipe a few 4 my yui's and FSN puppets.

Hopefully, server merge SOON will mitigate this.

Dead Bee and Potatoes

And cookies

Ingots variety are perfect 2. o3o

Bangor will thrive again.

That's true too. As long as it can be made as lucrative as all other currency.