Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alchemy nerfing is a bit extreme

TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
in General Chat
Plenty of skills get nerfed in missions, but i think alchemy takes the cake for the most nerfed skillset in the game.

The most common abilities to be nerfed from alchemy is usually frozen blast, rain casting, barrier spikes, ice mines, and setting up the tower.
In the new Tech Durinn missions, its: rain casting, hydra, barrier spikes, and shock.

anyone else know non-alchemy skills that get nerfed in certain dungions/sms/w/e?

Comments

• JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Lullaby
    TheDumbOneSherriAlshianCrimsọnpawcalypseImaizumi
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    The worst part about alchemy is that to get it up to spec with a chaincasting wand you need to erg a cylinder all the way up to level 50 erg. Ain't no one got time for that.
    TheDumbOne
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    The worst part about alchemy is that to get it up to spec with a chaincasting wand you need to erg a cylinder all the way up to level 50 erg. Ain't no one got time for that.

Aint no one going to bother.
    TheDumbOne
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Alchemists ain't nuthin' but wannabe mages anyway.

I'm joking don't burn me at the stake with your sub-par fireball
    TheDumbOne
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Seriously, I have ranked everything except that tab.
    SebastianTheDumbOnepawcalypse
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Maybe they don't want people to cheese the content with hydra. Should the actual summoned hydra have health and attract enemy aggro?
    TheDumbOne
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Gaea wrote: »
    Pip-Boy wrote: »

Aint no one going to bother.

The damage is actually pretty good now that HP, STAM and MP have been uncapped. It's even good enough to throw out every now and then if you've got a guard cylinder equipped. But having to go through the erg system for a slightly better firebolt spam? No thanks.
    TheDumbOne
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited January 15, 2019
    In Tech Duinn, unlike in Phantasm, you can't even sand burst the more annoying enemies. :C

Sand Burst was like the one saving grace of aggro management in these days of skill immunity.

I mean basically any skill that isn't a huge damaging skill is useless in Tech Duinn.

Chain Crush on the snap cast spamming mages?
    Nah, they aren't dazed.
    Somersault kick?
    Even if you aren't shockwave spammed out of the combo, they ignore your dazing kick.
    Smash with a mace!?
    Yeah! Oh wait, no they ignore that like the dragons in Sidhe.

It's like they want you to deal with the mechanics in the missions while taking out the methods you can actually deal with them.
    TheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    In Tech Duinn, unlike in Phantasm, you can't even sand burst the more annoying enemies. :C

Sand Burst was like the one saving grace of aggro management in these days of skill immunity.

I mean basically any skill that isn't a huge damaging skill is useless in Tech Duinn.

Chain Crush on the snap cast spamming mages?
    Nah, they aren't dazed.
    Somersault kick?
    Even if you aren't shockwave spammed out of the combo, they ignore your dazing kick.
    Smash with a mace!?
    Yeah! Oh wait, no they ignore that like the dragons in Sidhe.

It's like they want you to deal with the mechanics in the missions while taking out the methods you can actually deal with them.

yeah, alchemy is like the "Tech type" of most skillsets, made to litereally fight ppl using passive status attacks like: mines, poison, blinding, freezing, etc. if you take all that away, all you get is a skill set thats SLOW and weak to cooldowns resets.

it be nice to enjoy what the game gives you. when i enter a dungion(or play any game), its to have fun using my skills, not to prove im OP reforged only use FH get on my lv game ender.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    It is stupid. Playing tactically in any way is considered "too overpowered" that it has to be nerfed to cause "difficulty". Some skills are overpowered, I grant you that. Now they are expecting me to run up to monsters to beat them with a stick on auto-combat.
    TheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    It is stupid. Playing tactically in any way is considered "too overpowered" that it has to be nerfed to cause "difficulty". Some skills are overpowered, I grant you that. Now they are expecting me to run up to monsters to beat them with a stick on auto-combat.

yeah. magic ping? just wack em with ur grandmaster mage title DUH
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    cloud nerf hurtz me moar. T_________________T
    TheDumbOne
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I have to agree that Alchemy really got the short end of the stick for most of the newer contents. They literally gave some contents an “artificial difficulty” by basically making it so Barrier Spikes can’t be used in those. Frozen Blast and Sand Burst doesn’t even work in most of those newer content so like what Blissfulkill said, it’s annoying when people rank those kind of skills up due to the usefulness of those skills then DevCat basically added in the ‘artificial difficulty’ by making those skills unusable.
    Maybe they don't want people to cheese the content with hydra. Should the actual summoned hydra have health and attract enemy aggro?

People don’t use Hydra to cheese content anymore it’s waaaay faster to just kill things with several skills and not to mention, you can’t really cheese most of the new contents with Hydra anyways so I’m not sure why the summoned Hydra need to have the health honestly.
    TheDumbOne
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Zeo wrote: »

People don’t use Hydra to cheese content anymore

Great, then no one will mind if it gets nerfed.
  • ZelinaZelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 230
    I would definitely mind if Alchemy skills get nerfed. I'm one of the only alchemists in the Tarlach server atm.
    TheDumbOneskpkionhammerhand
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Less nerfed and more crippled. Alch itself is utility, they should be embracing the fact that players -should- be using them in this missions, particularly weaker players that may actually need to do this to compensate. I mean I can understand if the boss is immune to certain things like sand burst, sleep, etc, but not the dungeon. Hell I wouldn't mind if just the boss room has these restrictions, but if the rest of the content is like this, then it just really hurts players that invested in the skills.
    BlissfulkillTheDumbOneZeoRadiant DawnIyasenuTHICCthighssavelives
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    And here I am soloing ADV Illusion rooms faster than other methods using an Erg 30 Cylinder and flameburst. The only real change since last patch was this dungeon not allowing sand burst. If invested into alchemy is still good and has the potential to be meta defining if you can manage erg 50. It's not going to DPS bosses, but it'll chew through mobs of enemies with ease.

#Doing near 10k crits in Illusion adv with flameburst.#

Then again, not like ADV orbs are even hard...except those scummy mages with ADV heavy and stun immunity and lizard witches.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited January 17, 2019
    Zeo wrote: »

People don’t use Hydra to cheese content anymore

Great, then no one will mind if it gets nerfed.

Not how it works, bud... however, knowing DevCat, they would because we all know they’re not exactly the amrttest about revamping/nerfing things.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    And here I am soloing ADV Illusion rooms faster than other methods using an Erg 30 Cylinder and flameburst. The only real change since last patch was this dungeon not allowing sand burst. If invested into alchemy is still good and has the potential to be meta defining if you can manage erg 50. It's not going to DPS bosses, but it'll chew through mobs of enemies with ease.

#Doing near 10k crits in Illusion adv with flameburst.#

Then again, not like ADV orbs are even hard...except those scummy mages with ADV heavy and stun immunity and lizard witches.

(my post isnt "really" about difficulty.) illusion rooms seem pretty easy even for me- but feth fiada, these limitations do very much happen.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 17, 2019
    reforges end up being the excuse for weak things, pull out yo gold or rl moolah
    TheDumbOneImaizumi