Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[G22] Lower the Cumu Requrements

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 14, 2019
    I honestly don't see the point of level requirements. Convenience and player's choice should be prioritized above all else. That being said, I rather these things be initiated versus automatically given unless the previous generation was done. My issue with G19 was less of the player requirement and more than the quest was foisted on new accounts who saw it as just another Generation to complete.

Perhaps a better solution is to split up generations by their storyline and alter the text a bit with regards to prior adventures. G22 doesn't seem contingent on playing the other generations first, story wise.
    Seraphoena
  • SeraphoenaSeraphoena
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Not just that, you can get to 5k levels and not develop any of the proper skills to fight.
    So it should not matter if someone was 1500 cumu or 6700 cumu, they can both die just as easily or be able to go through it just as easily.

There shouldn't be a level req in my opinion.[/quote]

Agreed! I'm cumulative level 650, have completed all Generations(except for this new one), have run Peaca Abyss, etc. Just because I choose to remain at that level shouldn't hinder my ability to access story content. Sure, give the players the option to get all the EXP from the event to level up if they need that boost, but don't restrict a player's access/playstyle. A reasonable restriction would be by sequence - completing Gens in successive order to unlock progressively difficult Gens.
    skpkion
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 16, 2019
    Seraphoena wrote: »

Agreed! I'm cumulative level 650, have completed all Generations(except for this new one), have run Peaca Abyss, etc. Just because I choose to remain at that level shouldn't hinder my ability to access story content. Sure, give the players the option to get all the EXP from the event to level up if they need that boost, but don't restrict a player's access/playstyle. A reasonable restriction would be by sequence - completing Gens in successive order to unlock progressively difficult Gens.

I am only guessing here in your case, but plenty of low-level players "ran" Peaca Abyss. Just saying, and if you actually contributed, that's pretty great at your cumulative level. Gremm does have a point. This is why things are tiered into difficulties. I do agree with the general notion that things ought to be earned, but given how storylines are broken up, I have the following Suggestions.

-G1-G3 (Paladin Dark Knight)
    -G7,G8 (Iria)
    -G9-G12 (Alchemy)
    -G13-G16 (Shakespeare) (G16 should require completion of G3, cause plot, or otherwise give a warning.)
    -G17-G18 (Saga) (Players should have to complete G3 though, because plot, or otherwise given a warning)
    -G19-G21 (Divine Knights)
    -G22-G??

My memory is fuzzy, but those are how I believe the generations are "contained"
  • SebasteannSebasteann
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    The Memory Book event fast tracks you to lvl5000. Should really only take you a few days to get to it. Also I think the reason was because the gen's difficulty was quite high and players needed a strong base before going into it.

To be 100% honest, the new gen isnt hard at all. 2 of the 3 "harder" fights can be gotten around by just hiding as an elf most of the time, or with crystal deer... or even just keeping your distance. The boss of the generation doesn't do much damage at all, but just face tanks most everything. The hard part about the new gen is tech duinn missions, that's it.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Why would you want to jump into G22 right away? Even if you didn't care for the storyline, the likelihood of finding a Tech Duinn party at your level is highly unlikely.

Not to mention that some of the Techniques require you to have things like Shield of Trust (G19 reward) at r1, Divine Link (G20 reward) at r1, or have ownership of Brionac (G11 reward).

I agree with Faybal that the current level requirement is quite lenient.
    VeylaineDraech
  • SolarGrassSolarGrass
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Am I missing something?

gE3G7n4.jpg