Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Campfire Announcements from Dec 1st Event

Comments

• WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Zeo wrote: »
    So reading this thread.. I’d like to say something about few issues regarding server merge.

I’ve seen some people say that they are worried about what economy would be like after server merging all four servers into one or whatever which I can understand why but I don’t reslly think that the economy will be a problem because it’ll stabilize within a week or two at most thus going back to being normal. More items will be generated from the gachapon due to more players but there’s also may be more buyers.

The training spot on raccoons/foxes isn’t an issue at all, actually. I’d imagine they’ll add in some more channels (maybe 10-15 or whatever) and that way, there’s a tiny chance of having to fight for the training spots. There’s a LOT of training spots to use and pick from so I honestly can’t see it being a problem even AFTER server merge.

The names will be definitely an issue for sure. I am one of the players who also do not want to have a specific server tag next to my name. From what I know with the server merge when KR Mabinogi has done it multiple times from a while ago, the first person who logs in with that name get to keep it and considering there’s a circumstance where someone would have the same name as you or your pet log in after, they get the option to change their name to whatever they want. It’ll suck for some players but hey, we can’t always please everyone, sadly.

I think I'm most nervous about the technicality of it. The possibility of losing progress or getting black robed because something went wrong....I hope that, if they decide to do this, they take their time and don't rush it.

My secondary concern would be names, but I think it would really depend on how they decide to do it.

Overall, I feel cautiously optimistic about a server merge, but I think I would prefer to hear more details on what it will be like for us before getting completely on board with it. And definitely, I think it could have benefits for the in game economy of all servers (provided time is given to stabilize, that is).
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    I'm looking forward to those future updates, especially the one about the Homesteads that I've heard about (The big one that hasn't arrived yet), it's a shame that we don't have a date yet though.. :/
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    It’s 2019, name change when :c

Kinda wish you guys give an estimation of when’s it coming, either the first or second half of 2019
    Tsumikki
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited January 16, 2019
    ShouK wrote: »
    It’s 2019, name change when :c

Kinda wish you guys give an estimation of when’s it coming, either the first or second half of 2019

They didn't guarantee if there will be one.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    They didn't guarantee if there will be one.

Name change is already confirmed.
    Katherz wrote: »
    Future Updates

• VIP/Premium Revamp
    • Name Changes

It's only the server merge that they do not guarantee.