Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold needs a overhaul

kairisoadorikairisoadori
Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
edited January 15, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Servers like Tarlach feels times more revied then its been in years with the mass majority of my gear costing more then sagas all dungeons its impossible to wear armor even tho its not a giant increase compared to clothes other then the skill tree behind it and far to much gold goes into gear repairs the this giant gold sink is making it hard for the community to really enjoy playing even when doing elite content the effort doesnt match the rewards

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Reconvert currency to different levels, copper, bronze, silver, gold, etc.
    Revamp items obtainable by this currency and ducats. Allow for currency exchange.
    Make fluctuations of prices from available supply and demand.
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    ^ But I feel that might be a little too complicated. It is to me anyways, but it might work.

I'd like to see ducats being able to buy things too, aside from the ducat exclusive shop from the merchants. It's an interesting idea.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Faybal wrote: »
    ^ But I feel that might be a little too complicated. It is to me anyways, but it might work.

I'd like to see ducats being able to buy things too, aside from the ducat exclusive shop from the merchants. It's an interesting idea.

Yea, it's not going to be easy after using the same system for 10-15 years. Games that start out that way don't have a problem.
    At the minimum, in game items need to be revamped where people can use their gold to buy them and also make it worth people's time in getting the gold to obtain them.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Having Silver and Copper pieces would only add aesthetics, which isn't a bad thing, but would not really make any difference in how money works. Right now you can convert ducats to gold (by selling fomor items) and gold to ducats by buying bandit badges. But it would be nice if there was a currency exchange for them. Every Easter you could have an event where someone turns over the tables of the money changers. :)
    Kensamaofmari
  • kairisoadorikairisoadori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
    edited January 23, 2019
    Well there is a better idea for it thats would be less complicated would be more lower to mid-level dungeons 5k-10k+ that gives a decent gold drop kinda like festias crystal defender in the amount of time to reward style to maybe adding the wolf dodging minigame from re zero to festia that takes even less time but is a greater gold reward drop or can be based on score to maybe items in the boating shop and hot air balloon shop worth 50k to a general store or a purchasable check grinding on the same things everyday gets really old and playing for years your content just became to gold sink based giving us more alternatives will help take away the grind fatigue
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    edited February 4, 2019
    Why do you need armor in the first place? Armor became redundant after the STR>DEF revamp.

The last thing this game needs is for its gold sinks to be removed.