Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Manuals/patterns for new gear with each gacha

skpkionskpkion
Mabinogi Rep: 845
edited January 11, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Would it be too much to release blacksmith manuals and tailoring patterns for the new gear that are released with each gacha? Maybe make the manuals and patterns available for dan 3 players with the talent active and have the materials drop from the new content or something . Not a lot of people have money to drop on gacha every month to get the op new armor. The stat difference between the currently craftable gear and the gear you can pull from gacha is also very large. The abyss armor and the new saint guardian armor that people can get just by dropping unlimited money from their card is really unfair for the people that grinded materials to make the langu and bhafel armor. There's really no point to spamming for materials and crafting things any more if superior gear that can be obtained in seconds get released in the gacha weeks later. It really kills any motivation for anyone to play the game. Also having the manuals/patterns released with each gacha could be an incentive for the revival of the crafting system that this game advertised years ago and make the op new gear obtainable for f2p players as well.
LastSaturday

Comments

• FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    skpkion wrote: »
    Would it be too much to release blacksmith manuals and tailoring patterns for the new gear that are released with each gacha? Maybe make the manuals and patterns available for dan 3 players with the talent active and have the materials drop from the new content or something . Not a lot of people have money to drop on gacha every month to get the op new armor. The stat difference between the currently craftable gear and the gear you can pull from gacha is also very large. The abyss armor and the new saint guardian armor that people can get just by dropping unlimited money from their card is really unfair for the people that grinded materials to make the langu and bhafel armor. There's really no point to spamming for materials and crafting things any more if superior gear that can be obtained in seconds get released in the gacha weeks later. It really kills any motivation for anyone to play the game. Also having the manuals/patterns released with each gacha could be an incentive for the revival of the crafting system that this game advertised years ago and make the op new gear obtainable for f2p players as well.

Once they started making these OP items available in gacha, the whole mabi market exploded.
    Releasing manuals in the gacha can't really help it either, and even then, I'm certain it would require rarer materials.
    Or worse, gacha-exclusive materials.
    That's a no no.

• skpkionskpkion
    Mabinogi Rep: 845
    Faybal wrote: »
    Releasing manuals in the gacha can't really help it either, and even then, I'm certain it would require rarer materials.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the game already used to be about grinding for materials to make high end gear? People had to spam raids for stuff like the Black Dragon's Eyeball to make that bow and the Dustin armor from like years ago needed siren's glasses. We also used to have production gachapon which gave manuals for weapons/armors/clothes and there were people that sold the stuff they made or the manuals/patterns themselves in the housing.
    Faybal wrote: »
    Or worse, gacha-exclusive materials.

Which is why I stated to make the materials drop from the new content in my suggestion post. Or they could make the materials for the gear drop from the hard mode dungeons and shadow missions too.

This might not be a perfect fix, but wouldn't it be better than locking the stuff that people need behind a paywall?

Like the new dungeon that just came out needs us to deal a certain amount of damage that I can't hit without reforges. And the monsters in the new generation itself dealt so much damage that my main of 7+ years on tarlach server kept dying while my random elf alt on alexina that luckily obtained a saint guardian's set was able to clear without dying once. Even including manuals for the armor in the gacha for the people that dont spend money on the game to get a higher chance of obtaining said armor would help a lot, even if they need to grind to make the armor.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Players need to give them the urge to feel invested in crafting and life skills.
    We only get bits here and there.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I honestly feel that bringing back the old production gacha and just dumping new manuals in there every so often would help. The manuals would drive people to run content for materials, and since Erg effects are a thing now, would mean some of the older manuals would see use as sacrifice items.
    skpkion