Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon is in trouble

ValenmirValenmir
Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
in General Chat
:x So, found yesterday that nexon is bleeding for money, they arent doing so well.. When it gets bad enough, i wonder who will take over.

Comments

• starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    How are they bleeding money? I know that Maplestory 2 is a whirlpool of complaints about possible pay 2 win with the potential of them hemiraging money cause of it. Hopefully they can get it together before it's too late.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    :x So, found yesterday that nexon is bleeding for money, they arent doing so well.. When it gets bad enough, i wonder who will take over.

I wouldn't say necessarily bleeding losses.
    Q3 report
    https://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/BXIb/WkLW/wF5P.pdf

We'll have to see what Q4 shows.
    starkiller1286
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 18, 2019
    Crowdfund me to buy NXon inc.? I'll give out a stack of free reforges every weekend. *wink*
    From the report, they are expecting losses in China and Korea, likely due to growing regulations and stagnant sales as global growth slows.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Isn't the CEO over there stepping down?
    pawcalypseCrimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    From the report, they are expecting losses in China and Korea, likely due to growing regulations and stagnant sales as global growth slows.

If Nexon has been existing in an ever expanding market all these years and the market has reached saturation then they have to start being efficient and dumping the less profitable games. Where does Mabinogi NA stand there?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Helsa wrote: »

If Nexon has been existing in an ever expanding market all these years and the market has reached saturation then they have to start being efficient and dumping the less profitable games. Where does Mabinogi NA stand there?

I think Mabinogi has always been behind Maplestory in that regard, with Maplestory being the top earner.

So, I think Mabinogi is generally safe in that regard.
    VeylainePolicroma
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Guys we just had that campfire event where they said Mabinogi is not shutting down. Jesus christ.
    LeineiJayy124
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 20, 2019
    ignore this post im in the wrong thread
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Every company is bleeding for money. Extreme economic dip happened in the past couple months.
    Imaizumi
    Liberate wrote: »
    Every company is bleeding for money. Extreme economic dip happened in the past couple months.

Everyones 4th quarter reports going out these past few and next few weeks are expecting hits. Its no surprise. Many non US countries have expected early economic slowdowns. Thats a good thing vs blindly and stubbornly going to a bubble
  • RajinsuRajinsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    Gaea wrote: »
    Guys we just had that campfire event where they said Mabinogi is not shutting down. Jesus christ.

Even if they were going to close would they really tell us? iv seen other cos like NM=net marble not tell there players till the very day the servers got tookdown or others cos also ogp did something of the same with selling there game off and telling the players beforehand nothing was going down when some people got wind of it some how.

Im not saying its the same here or that there selling it off or shutdown but im seen first hand that cos will lie to its players to keep $$ flowing till the end .

The biggest hint imo that a game will close is watch for a sell that seems to good to be true something with a huge markoff/verylow prices
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited January 20, 2019
    releasing the updated vip/premium services that they said we will be getting in future updates would help make them more money. I am currently waiting for it to come out and checking every week, my wallet is ready. they could also start selling unrestricted dungeon passes again, there was no real reason to take them down in the first place and I liked buying around 6 of them almost every month.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Negumiko wrote: »
    releasing the updated vip/premium services that they said we will be getting in future updates would help make them more money. I am currently waiting for it to come out and checking every week, my wallet is ready. they could also start selling unrestricted dungeon passes again, there was no real reason to take them down in the first place and I liked buying around 6 of them almost every month.

Well they better get on the ball with that soon because legislation is becoming increasing more serious about restricting and regulating loot boxes and the like. I've been following the news and they are really really pushing this. It's only a matter of time.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705

speaking of the vip update. warent we sapost to get that before the end of dec last year? what happend?
    Leinei
    Everyone, read the report. Losses were in China (largest market) and Korea (home market).
    This is likely due to tighter regulations and shrinking market share as the market shifts and more competition to the markets.
    Every other region has seen profit growth and expected growth although small. I dont see any major impacts anytime soon.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    3rdy wrote: »

speaking of the vip update. warent we sapost to get that before the end of dec last year? what happend?

no, the mabinogi campfire announcement on December 2nd only listed vip/premium update under future updates. it never said in 2018 however I would prefer it to happen as soon as possible.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 21, 2019
    Guys I can't believe this was missed but this is...I don't know how to take this.
    https://kotaku.com/south-koreas-biggest-gaming-giant-is-suddenly-up-for-sa-1831453903

This is either really bad or really good. >_>;;;
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Gaea wrote: »
    Guys I can't believe this was missed but this is...I don't know how to take this.
    https://kotaku.com/south-koreas-biggest-gaming-giant-is-suddenly-up-for-sa-1831453903

This is either really bad or really good. >_>;;;

Not sure how u missed it but there's already a thread about that here.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Everyone, read the report. Losses were in China (largest market) and Korea (home market).
    This is likely due to tighter regulations and shrinking market share as the market shifts and more competition to the markets.
    Every other region has seen profit growth and expected growth although small. I dont see any major impacts anytime soon.
    Even if the NA region was making profits, we'd still feel any impacts from the South Korean and/or Japanese regions since we get our updates from them. Though I really doubt a Q4 loss in the economy we had is going to change things all that much to begin with.