Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Question about Close Combat Skills

DutchlegionnairDutchlegionnair
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
Hello everyone forgive me for my English not a native (English speaker)
sorry for noob question I just started this game 3 days its pretty fun. What should I focus on besides windmill? my friend told me to max out windmill to rank 1 which I did, is it worth ranking different weapon styles like Axe and Blunt? I mainly use swords. some advice would be appreciated. thank you :)

Comments

• GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited January 23, 2019
    It's worth ranking any skill, even if you don't use the weapon type, due to the permanent stats the skill gives you! So I do recommend ranking Blunt and Axe Mastery with Sword Mastery, as well as any other skills.

If you are Human, try to begin the quest for 'Final Hit', as it's a very powerful skill that's fun to use.
    If you are a Giant, look up the skills 'Taunt' and 'Windguard'. Stomp and Throwing attack are also Giant Exclusive skills that give lots of Strength Stat to make you stronger.
    If you are an Elf, work on Combat Mastery to get your health as high as you can, as well as working on defensive skills such as Evasion and Charge. Elves struggle with Close Combat due to their low health and inability to wear heavy armor, so using a shield with defense, charge, and evasion can make life a little easier.

Two newer close combat skills called "Bash" and "Rage Impact" are very powerful skills, and you should work towards acquiring them.
    Additionally, with the Master Plan event right now, you can rebirth for free into the "Treasure Hunter" Hero Talent, which gives you access to a very helpful utility skill called Crisis Escape, that allows you to drop aggro instantly if you find yourself cornered.

If, for any reason, you feel inclined to try a Life Skill Talent, the Carpentry skill also gives a lot of Strength, even though the skill itself has nothing to do with close combat! Some people find those mindless grinds theraputic, but it's not for everyone.

If you ever find yourself struggling with something and aren't sure what you need to do, the Mabinogi World Wiki is very in depth and has information on almost everything, including mainstream quests, weapons, items, and skills. https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Wiki_Home
    But don't be afraid to ask a player in game. We don't all bite. :>