Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

VA in Mabinogi

DraechDraech
Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
edited January 17, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
I know this won't be happening, but I've seen worse suggestions on the forums, so what the hell. Voice Acting for Mabinogi. Meryl/Laighlinne had it, and I think it would be great if more NPCs would talk, even if just with generic sentences. Of course, there would be an option in Settings to adjust the volume of dialogue, seperate from the other sliders (so those who don't want it can have it disabled, contrary to the new Quest Received/Quest Complete sounds).

Of course, I really want Funimation voice actors to do the dialogue (Christopher Sabat as Price, Colleen Clinkenbeard as Eavan, Robert McCollum as Vayne), but realistically speaking, I'm sure many from the Mabi community would volunteer to do some character voices.

Edit: And, as Kensamaofmari mentionned, there was voice acting for the Shakespeare generations.
  1. Should there be (more) voice acting in Mabinogi?17 votes
    1. Yeah, by Funimation.
       12% (2 votes)
    2. Yeah, by some more affordable company.
       12% (2 votes)
    3. Yeah, by us Milletians.
       29% (5 votes)
    4. No. Just no. (So don't comment it. There's a poll for a reason.)
       47% (8 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    They did their own voicing for some of the Shakespeare storylines, but nothing after that.
    Draech
  • KedaruiKedarui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
    i would only be interested in it if KR and JP were doing it as well and there were an option to switch between voice languages, as well as an option to turn off voice acting overall. JP mabi has some crazy popular seiyuu as confirmed voices for a portion of the cast (kakihara tetsuya as merlin, sugita tomokazu as professor J, shunichi toki as altam, etc). though personally i feel that some of the fun of playing the story is picturing what type of voice the characters would have. it would be odd for them to suddenly add in voice acting completely after not having it from the beginning, so i can't picture them ever fully implementing it.
    Kensamaofmari
    Back then, Rie Tanaka sang the theme song... way back for JP.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

Yeah for the Miku Hatsune stuff, I think.
    Leinei wrote: »

Yeah for the Miku Hatsune stuff, I think.

This one, Miku one was different.