Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

i wish we could replay generations!

KedaruiKedarui
Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
edited January 23, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
i originally came here to post something completely different but then i got distracted and forgot was it was lmao. but whatever, i have another thing i wanted to suggest anyway.

i wish we had the ability to replay generations without needing to make an entirely new character. i play mabi for its story, i've always been incredibly enamored with it and all of the characters and i'm pretty bummed out that there's no way to replay gens that we've already completed. especially now that chapter 6 has ended, i miss my boy altam and honestly i miss g20 entirely. that was such a good gen, it felt so involved and it was just so much fun! and im pissed i got talvish's title instead of altam's. give me that title >_>

sure you could say i could go watch a walkthrough of the gens on youtube if i want a story refresher, but who wants to do that??? not me. plus actually playing it for yourself is so much more fun and i like to run around and interact with the characters.

i doubt the NA team can implement things like this without KR's consent or something like that, but it's something i've been wanting for a very long time. there's so much i don't remember cuz of how long its been since i played them u_u... am i alone in wanting this?
KensamaofmariDraechAlexLight

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    That would be cool.
    But would players be rewarded again for repeat?
  • KedaruiKedarui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
    That would be cool.

personally i wouldn't mind repeating without a reward, but i doubt anyone else would feel the same way lmao. but then again, replaying saga s1+2 gives rewards even after completing it, so i don't see why replaying gens wouldn't be treated the same :>
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Before anyone steps in to say that people can run generations with players who haven't/are in progress of, that is different.
    What the discussion here is about running entire generations with same dialogue/cut-scenes.

Of course, there is the option of running the gens on alt characters, but that is not as feasible to rebuild a character unless you are quite adventurous.

To make it fun, they could adjust difficulty of reruns based off level.
    Kedarui
  • etrietri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    op i'll trade you altam's title for talvish's ;^)

Personally, I'd love to be able to be able to repeat generations just to get alternate titles (eg. Lone Wolf vs Sharer of Joy, rest of the Alban Knight titles, etc) and to choose alternate dialog options available in later generations. Building alt characters is a pain especially for newer generations, the cutscene viewer we have has been outdated for years, and the few English LPs out there don't cover all the alternate dialog options.

As for rewards - beyond transformations/key items, the AP rewards we got from them are kinda inconsequential these days. (barring saga)

Either way, it'd be a nice quality of life option to have - it'd be available for those that want to make use of it and others can just play through the quests once, get the rewards and never touch them again. Win/win.
    Kedarui
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    With the different dialog you can do now, it'd be great if we can go back and see what other responses they have programmed in. Though in the case of Chapter 1, I wish for the replays we can play them at their original lengths and content. I'd absolutely love to fight Nuadha again if only so I can show off my divine form to him.
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    edited January 24, 2019
    I thought you could replay Generations or is that only the first generation?

I've done G1-3 and currently have a quest in G1 again
    I also elected to skip G7/8 but it's not marked as done or completed in my chapter info so... I can do them I suppose
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Agree, we can replay saga, so why not the rest.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    That would be cool.

No but it would definitely allow players who skipped advent of the goddess the opportunity to get the journal achievement.

I swear to god devcat gave the middle finger to those players when they implemented that journal. :|
    Kensamaofmari