Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Being an honest player doesn't pays anymore?

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited January 24, 2019 in General Chat
Not even 2 seconds and all the good prizes are already taken AND more than the actual limit.

B4K38Pr.png

The people in charge will never learn huh? The same happened with the last anniversary gacha event at festia where the only prizes left were the full recovery potions and prof hammers leaving many of us with useless coins after days of waiting and afking.

This is what happens when devs limit the prizes and can't do anything against the bots. (Nerfing the Conflict! An Unexpected Battle SM didn't got rid of guilds full of bots from rushing other shadow missions btw)

There will be only bots in the future!!

ai-terminator.jpg

Comments

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Does that mean there are extras floating around, cause that would actually be a good thing...
  • ThedreamerThedreamer
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited January 24, 2019
    it might just be broken or they actually did this to stop the bots
  • CoolAidCoolAid
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    It seems it does not anymore.

Altanogi.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    How sad perhaps it's time to send Nexon a message that it all has to be unlimited. I mean they aren't selling tails on the store anymore so why should they care?
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Oh I just saw this, after I made a thread. woops.
    But yeah this isn't fair in the slightest
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    And that the top prize can't be a 100M check and should be an item instead. Like wings, tails, or something small and nice.
    BlissfulkillZeo
  • MeriMeri
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    It was a programming error. It's fixed.
    Berryswirl
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Level limit, no gold given out. That can't be too hard.
    GretaZeo
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    What is honesty
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Nexon is fake news
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Checked the winnings when I got home everything was white with no winners yet on Mari. Tried my luck and just got 2 rocks 2 potions and a chrome dye.
    Checked the winnings when I got home everything was white with no winners yet on Mari. Tried my luck and just got 2 rocks 2 potions and a chrome dye.

WebbedScalyAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif
    edited January 24, 2019
    TO BE FAIR...why don't we all cheat and use alternate accounts? It's something we can all do, and it will even the odds. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=12860031

No, I don't particularly enjoy watching the world burn. Why do you ask?
    TO BE FAIR...why don't we all cheat and use alternate accounts? It's something we can all do, and it will even the odds. :D

I use an alt account but I don't have interests to do such manipulation.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

I feel like the people cashing in have more than just one or two alternate accounts. I don't particularly feel up to making 100 accounts and having to log off and log back in on all of them constantly. :(
    offwithyourheadsAlexisEU

Come to the dark side. We have wolf tails.

I feel like the people cashing in have more than just one or two alternate accounts. I don't particularly feel up to making 100 accounts and having to log off and log back in on all of them constantly. :(

Oh come now, if you get a wolf tail, you can formally change your name to WolfandWolfandWolfTail! :p
    WolfandWolf

Come to the dark side. We have wolf tails.

Oh come now, if you get a wolf tail, you can formally change your name to WolfandWolfandWolfTail! :p

Eh, it takes too much time.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    edited January 24, 2019

More alts isn't the way to go; it's cheating for a reason. Let's be real, the odds of an honest player getting a wolf tail are "slim" to none (more like none). Instead of abusing the lottery (not even an event), let's bring it up to the boss man and ask for events that are, as Greta said, fun, rather than a virtual Powerball.

When people lie and cheat and stab you in the back, don't do the same; punch 'em in the face and keep walking.
    edited January 24, 2019
    Draech wrote: »

More alts isn't the way to go; it's cheating for a reason. Let's be real, the odds of an honest player getting a wolf tail are "slim" to none (more like none). Instead of abusing the lottery (not even an event), let's bring it up to the boss man and ask for events that are, as Greta said, fun, rather than a virtual Powerball.

When people lie and cheat and stab you in the back, don't do the same; punch 'em in the face and keep walking.

There are some questions we must ask ourselves.

-Firstly, what use is following the rule if the injustice lies with not those who break it, but also us? (Translation: The concept of fairness is less feasible when we are all capable of this action.) In truth, alters can only be considered cheating because the advantage they have is only gained by the breaking of a rule that most still follow. To some, that might be considered a bit self-defeating.

-Secondly, why follow the rule originally? Nexon hasn't done anything to ban these alternate accounts or discourage abuse. They can't be ignorant. Heck, alternates aren't even an issue overseas to be included in the ToS.

This scenario is not remotely comparable to an act of retributive maliciousness, and I doubt many would simply do it to spite alternates as much as we would Nexon for their fecklessness and or apathy, but most of all to even the odds.

Just saying. I don't think Alexina would take kindly to many more alternate accounts for various reasons related to overall server stability.

Point of this: As thinking individuals, we have to question why things are the way they are.

Edit: I am honestly curious as to why at this point.
    DraechZeo
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    edited January 24, 2019
    There are some questions we must ask ourselves.

-Firstly, what use is following the rule if the injustice lies with not those who break it, but also us? (Translation: The concept of fairness is less feasible when we are all capable of this action.) In truth, alters can only be considered cheating because the advantage they have is only gained by the breaking of a rule that most still follow. To some, that might be considered a bit self-defeating.

-Secondly, why follow the rule originally? Nexon hasn't done anything to ban these alternate accounts or discourage abuse. They can't be ignorant. Heck, alternates aren't even an issue overseas to be included in the ToS.

This scenario is not remotely comparable to an act of retributive maliciousness, and I doubt many would simply do it to spite alternates as much as we would Nexon for their fecklessness and or apathy, but most of all to even the odds.

Just saying. I don't think Alexina would take kindly to many more alternate accounts for various reasons related to overall server stability.

Point of this: As thinking individuals, we have to question why things are the way they are.

Regarding your first point, let's look at it this way: since Nexon's stance is one of uninvolvement, we can consider the Mabi community anarchist, except when the offense is severe or affects Nexon's interests. In an anarchist community, the rules can only be enforced by the people, and if enough people (or strong ones like the HA - though that's another matter) refuse to collaborate, then the rule falls apart. However, in the case of this event, the abuse of alts isn't seen as okay, so we can conclude the rule still holds for most. So, starting to break the rule yourself is not only dishonorable, it also means you betray your friends who are following the rule. As in Danganronpa, self-imposed rules work only if you care about those around you.

As for your second point, the rule was born from a common belief that alt abuse isn't something the community wants. As for Nexon, I believe their ToS is still the original one, and I surmise Nexon NA has neither the clearance nor the resources to update the ToS with terms reflecting this community's beliefs.
    EDIT: Most online games nowadays have a specific clause stating a person may only have one account. Mabinogi is just very late to the party.

And finally, although it would even the odds a little, you'd still be nowhere close to getting the wolf tails. The terms do state that you can't create multiple accounts within a certain time frame, so alt abuse is like mining Bitcoin; if you didn't invest in the beginning, it's already too late for you.