Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Being an honest player doesn't pays anymore?

Comments

• SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515

I use an alt account but I don't have interests to do such manipulation.

Come to the dark side. We have wolf tails.

Fluffy dark side? Im in.
    ce8e5ec3c2c5ffebaa7146594ae80ca7--kemono-friends-grey-wolf-anime-fan-art.jpg
    Kensamaofmaristarkiller1286Kiruah
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    When someone wrongs you, it's because of one of three reasons:
    - they're evil,
    - they're stupid, or
    - they're doing something else and you just got in the way.
    So, if it's the first one, that would fall under the "they don't care about us" mantle. If it's the second, that would fall in the "out of touch with the community" mantle. But what would the third choice be?

It's pretty clear, I think from the arguments presented, that those acquiring the best prizes are pretty much guaranteed to be those folks who, at the very least, bend the rules, surely Nexon would be aware of this. So why have such an event when it makes more people upset than not? Related, people often complain about lag. Given this why are there so many AFK events? Surely Nexon knows this would compound the problem during the event. Similarly, Golden Time events, where special items are awarded to those logged on at a particular time, have issues that players can be upset about as well; so, why have them too? Maybe the point of events like this is so that Nexon can log IP's? Such events would make rule benders stand out would they not?

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Like I said on another related post, just delete the event.
    Zeo
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Like I said on another related post, just delete the event.

That should purify evil.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    To be honest, I'm loving this event even if it's just for the fact we can get tons of platinum hammers, enchant protections, and forgetful potions for free. I mean I understand some people (most people) don't have the capacity to save up and buy those when they could just gamble it all away on a few tia bags, timed full recovery pots, and material bags. 1st and 2nd prizes aside, I've enjoyed this one more than the one that gave out those OP (at the time) wings.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited January 25, 2019
    Honestly I'd hate to be the guy who actually got anything legitimately who probably now is just getting labeled a alt abuser or something. I do want to remind people while abusing alts make it more likely to get something, Don't label it like every single person who gets something is guilty. In the end being honest pays due to the reputation of being a honest person. It's a more likeable quality.

Speaking bluntly about the issue, if people are reporting someone a lot, they might do something about it. But in the end theres no real way to perfectly limit someone from abusing multiple accounts. Even if they started banning people just because you have 2 accounts, you can get around it to. There will always be more ways of getting around a problem than there is solving it. Heck you can even go buy some trash laptops and they can still run mabinogi separately. Whose to say Randomguy01-09 aren't just family who just want to identify with each other?

Also mabinogi isn't really a game where you need people. Social pressure doesn't work. Not to mention you can just get rich, create a new character and say you p2w a lot.
    If I was desperate enough to become rich that i'd multiclient with like 9 alts then I certainly know I wont care if people were wagging fingers at me. But to me that kind of ruins a game. So I don't do it despite my sad 1 gold bank account

Also nobody cares about a ToS. I was a volunteer for a game in which I was more or less unpaid customer support. Most players don't read it.
    I will also share a experience I had with a player who was angry he didn't get something he wanted from a lootbox after spending 2000 dollars, and I had to spend 6 hours explaining what random chance is, and how hes not getting a refund because it was well known the chances were low, while getting yelled and cursed at.

My take away was when players don't get what they want , they hate random chance. because I had hundreds of more conversations like that one. I feel it's relevant here because even though there's no money being put it, it is severely limited and there is a small chance to get anything wed want. (Quick edit, the reason i said when they don't get what they want is because if they do they are usually quite happy lol.)

I guess the main question is why these event goes on?
    Does nexon not listen to players?
    Do we just get handed events from people who wouldn't know the community?
    Or do they just have a list of events they just cycle through and sometimes take stuff out in exchange of new things?

I don't pay attention enough to know that answer.

• starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Zuomo wrote: »
    Honestly I'd hate to be the guy who actually got anything legitimately who probably now is just getting labeled a alt abuser or something. I do want to remind people while abusing alts make it more likely to get something, Don't label it like every single person who gets something is guilty. In the end being honest pays due to the reputation of being a honest person. It's a more likeable quality.

Speaking bluntly about the issue, if people are reporting someone a lot, they might do something about it. But in the end theres no real way to perfectly limit someone from abusing multiple accounts. Even if they started banning people just because you have 2 accounts, you can get around it to. There will always be more ways of getting around a problem than there is solving it. Heck you can even go buy some trash laptops and they can still run mabinogi separately. Whose to say Randomguy01-09 aren't just family who just want to identify with each other?

Also mabinogi isn't really a game where you need people. Social pressure doesn't work. Not to mention you can just get rich, create a new character and say you p2w a lot.
    If I was desperate enough to become rich that i'd multiclient with like 9 alts then I certainly know I wont care if people were wagging fingers at me. But to me that kind of ruins a game. So I don't do it despite my sad 1 gold bank account

Also nobody cares about a ToS. I was a volunteer for a game in which I was more or less unpaid customer support. Most players don't read it.
    I will also share a experience I had with a player who was angry he didn't get something he wanted from a lootbox after spending 2000 dollars, and I had to spend 6 hours explaining what random chance is, and how hes not getting a refund because it was well known the chances were low, while getting yelled and cursed at.

My take away was when players don't get what they want , they hate random chance. because I had hundreds of more conversations like that one. I feel it's relevant here because even though there's no money being put it, it is severely limited and there is a small chance to get anything wed want. (Quick edit, the reason i said when they don't get what they want is because if they do they are usually quite happy lol.)

Or do they just have a list of events they just cycle through and sometimes take stuff out in exchange of new things?

That reminds me of the time I spent 200 on cosmetic loot boxes for Elsesword. The difference is that they don't tell you the odds but I managed to get 1 complete outfit (200 dollars of shards required for the final piece ) and most of the second due to trading needless to say I wasn't too happy about the spent money but I didn't make a fuss though if i failed to get something out of 200 chances I'd give up much less a thousand. Heck I only kept going because I felt obligated for a definite high quality accessory and got 1 equipment piece every dozen boxes or so.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited January 25, 2019
    That reminds me of the time I spent 200 on cosmetic loot boxes for Elsesword. The difference is that they don't tell you the odds but I managed to get 1 complete outfit (200 dollars of shards required for the final piece ) and most of the second due to trading needless to say I wasn't too happy about the spent money but I didn't make a fuss though if i failed to get something out of 200 chances I'd give up much less a thousand. Heck I only kept going because I felt obligated for a definite high quality accessory and got 1 equipment piece every dozen boxes or so.

Yeah people really spend a lot. the numbers in the thousands came up too often which is why i guess companies do gacha and such. People will do it even if they don't like it.

at the least alexina should have more entries though, seriously.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Look, we don't need to remove events or anything to remove abuse. All we need to do is remove limits and
    MAKE ALL PRIZES UNTRADABLE. Problem solved.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    The funny thing about threads like this, is that a majority of the people whining about alts have dozens of alts on alt accounts of their own. ~ You're only hearing about other people's alts because they (and their alts) were bitten.

What...?
    Zeo
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 26, 2019
    Zuomo wrote: »

There's a difference between general acknowledgement and assigning individual blame.

Players often refer to the TOS as a type of confirmation, even if they do not display a zealous following thereof, such as actually utilizing third party programs.

This means one not only can put forth a moral argument, but can legitimately petition said developers for punitive and corrective action.

That being said, while the possibility of randomguy1 being an actual player does exist, but uncertainty is omnipresent. There's always the possibility you or I are wrong, yet this shouldn't be an impetus towards not actually having rules to be enforced, but merely establishing a higher standard of ascertaining guilt.

You're right of course, hence why instead of a lynchmob, we ought to be urging a formal investigation.

Honestly, Nexon can't bring this ignorant. There are measures they could have certainly taken that would greatly diminish the number of accusations.
    Zeo
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Greta wrote: »
    The funny thing about threads like this, is that a majority of the people whining about alts have dozens of alts on alt accounts of their own. ~ You're only hearing about other people's alts because they (and their alts) were bitten.

What...?

What do you mean, what?

Look me in the eyes, and, with a straight face, tell me you don't own a single alt account.

Yes, I don't own a single alt account because i think it would be a hassle to create and remember all the passwords. I'm not a fan of leaving passwords and any other login info in any note because of paranoia of someone discovering that so I like to keep such info in my head. Also the whole thing of switching accounts and loading the game sounds like wasting a lot of time and would be really boring in my perspective.
    Zeostarkiller1286
  • HelsaHelsa

Of course people do, it's perfectly legal to do so. But running multiple clients is not. This issue is using many alt accounts simultaneously. Mind you, if you're at university and you load Mabinogi onto every computer in the computer lab, or every computer at work, and then log into each alt account on each computer. I would suppose that is perfectly legal to. Legal as it would be, I think it's reasonable to complain about it.
    Zeo
  • MeriMeri
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    Wow, so if someone got a tail, they cheated to get it? That's some faulty logic.

I know three people who got tails over the weeks. None of those people used alts. My boyfriend and I bought our tails from two of those people.

None of us cheated.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Can you prove the assertion in bold above, or are you just assuming that's the case? Do you have data to prove it?

Of course not, but it doesn't matter, this is why people are upset. Being able to hide behind notions of "innocent until proven guilty" are irrelevant. Yes, it's a poorly designed event? Is that where all the anger should lie? The clientele says no.

• ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Meri wrote: »
    Wow, so if someone got a tail, they cheated to get it? That's some faulty logic.

I know three people who got tails over the weeks. None of those people used alts. My boyfriend and I bought our tails from two of those people.

None of us cheated.

Except you're forgetting that no one here is saying that people who actually won something like the tail is an alt abuser though.

I still think it's very important to be aware for an event like this, it potentially lead to people abusing 10+ alts to make it so they're more likely to get the top prize and it isn't fair on rest of the players which is an issue, especially in Alexina server.
  • MeriMeri
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    edited January 26, 2019
    Actually, it sounds exactly like several people are intimating that they aren't getting the top prizes because others are using alt accounts.

And if they don't think that it's alt account abusers winning, then why even bother bringing it up if it's not the case? Hey, let's complain about something that isn't happening just in case it happens? Sounds ridiculous.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 27, 2019
    Or, sentiment number 3.

People are too trusting or unwilling to call people liars. It'd at least make things more fun if people were more accusational.

Instead you get weak-willed people admitting yes there are but then softening-the-point by saying it's unprovable, citing security tactics from the early 2000's in 2019.
    Zeo[Deleted User]
  • HelsaHelsa
    Zeo wrote: »

None of us cheated.

Except you're forgetting that no one here is saying that people who actually won something like the tail is an alt abuser though.

I still think it's very important to be aware for an event like this, it potentially lead to people abusing 10+ alts to make it so they're more likely to get the top prize and it isn't fair on rest of the players which is an issue, especially in Alexina server.

Oh that these items are going to people who are leveraging their multiple accounts, has definitely been implied, it's kind of the point why the OP started the thread. But no one has been specifically accused is that what you mean?
    Zeo
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Actually, it sounds exactly like several people are intimating that they aren't getting the top prizes because others are using alt accounts.

And if they don't think that it's alt account abusers winning, then why even bother bringing it up if it's not the case? Hey, let's complain about something that isn't happening just in case it happens? Sounds ridiculous.

It's an issue in Alexina server for sure though so I think it's good that the majority of the players are being vocal about this so Nexon can be aware about it, actually bother to look into this and to be aware for next time to put in some sort of restrictions so it'd combat any potential alt abusers.
    Helsa wrote: »

Oh that these items are going to people who are leveraging their multiple accounts, has definitely been implied, it's kind of the point why the OP started the thread. But no one has been specifically accused is that what you mean?

Pretty much, yeah.