Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Found a temp-fix for "Elf Ranged Lag"

ChoCho
Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
edited January 27, 2019 in General Chat
It's been a problem since forever that if I use an Elf and try rapid firing normal attacks, I'll eventually get locked in the aiming animation and can't move, cancel the skill, or shoot. I remember hearing it was a problem with the Elf ranged attack animation. For anyone that doesn't play elves, it usually happens after the first shot if, after shooting, you load the ranged attack skill and start aiming before the elf puts an arrow on the bow and draws it back. Might be due to elves being able to aim while moving.

The lag doesn't occur while mounted. Just tested, and it works with both dragons and horses. The good news is that now you can use a Fast speed bow and rapid fire without the chance of getting locked in an animation. It's useful that you get a free horse pet that you can use with this. The bad news is that you can't get hit or you'll get knocked off the pet and also no Final Shot.

IDK if this was already common knowledge but I hope this helps.

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I have another fix, don't use range

(I hate range)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I have even better fix.

Don't use elves at all.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I guess that ^^^^^^^^ works, but my main is an elf... :V
  • izelkayizelkay
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    Lmao this is still a thing? I remember having this issue when elves first came out, and it was the main reason I stopped playing them...can't believe it hasn't been fixed all this time.
    Imaizumi
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    They'll fix this bug in the next elf revamp. Then you can have the lag even while mounted :D
    ChoBlissfulkillImaizumi
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited January 28, 2019
    The best solution ever: Play a Giant.
  • MuaaMuaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Dear Cho,
    the archer mounted way was posted years ago at previous forum we had, but i cant find old threads actually to bring it back.
    I guess when our forum was changed we lost some threads in the process ... anyway since we never got a fix for that issue, people (elves) just moved to humans with final hit, actually moved to giants because windguard.. and to be fair we got a fix.. years ago while elve's revamp, they added urgent shot, but that doesnt fix the locked animation issue, just missed shots cus lag and location error sort of patch to hit fast and knockback mosnters once.

What i can say is, as elf is.. we've other ways.. as opener, bows are fine.. but for spam skill, i suggest firebolts (has knockback, works same a magshot) then... switch.. as alchemist (very tanky choice, and very funny if you bring your golem with you) or just pick up chain blades for mid range (they're really amazingly fast and op for elves without access to FH, WG and Dualwilding)

My humble 2 cents.

Regards Muaa~

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 28, 2019
    Muaa wrote: »
    Dear Cho,
    the archer mounted way was posted years ago at previous forum we had, but i cant find old threads actually to bring it back.
    I guess when our forum was changed we lost some threads in the process ... anyway since we never got a fix for that issue, people (elves) just moved to humans with final hit, actually moved to giants because windguard.. and to be fair we got a fix.. years ago while elve's revamp, they added urgent shot, but that doesnt fix the locked animation issue, just missed shots cus lag and location error sort of patch to hit fast and knockback mosnters once.

What i can say is, as elf is.. we've other ways.. as opener, bows are fine.. but for spam skill, i suggest firebolts (has knockback, works same a magshot) then... switch.. as alchemist (very tanky choice, and very funny if you bring your golem with you) or just pick up chain blades for mid range (they're really amazingly fast and op for elves without access to FH, WG and Dualwilding)

My humble 2 cents.

Regards Muaa~

Dear Muaa,
    You're so sweet and sincere. It's refreshing. <3

p.s. waifu on waifu action. XD
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 28, 2019
    Dear Cho,

My humble 2 cents.

Regards Muaa~

We lost all threads. 2 years ago we got new empty forums and we are still stuck with Custom Avatars... I assume this was intended.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Dear Cho,

My humble 2 cents.

Regards Muaa~

Ah, I had no idea. I still google for solutions to see if anyone found a fix from time to time and no one mentions this so I figured it was overlooked. Still, I'm glad if people find this and it helps out. There aren't that many archery moves so getting access back to one of them is really nice.
  • MuaaMuaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Cho wrote: »
    Ah, I had no idea. I still google for solutions to see if anyone found a fix from time to time and no one mentions this so I figured it was overlooked. Still, I'm glad if people find this and it helps out. There aren't that many archery moves so getting access back to one of them is really nice.

I remember.. about 2012 maybe 2014? a group of players who replaced our elf aiming animation by human aiming animation, all into one mod, and theorethically that thingy fixed the lock animation issue .. but i dislike discord so imagine what i think about mods... anyway.. til today that was the only real "fix" i ever saw, but i want one official patch comming straight from nexon, blessed and purified by dev cat team, not from people who maybe hack your computer a day cus they dislike your comments or sense of humor.. or by the fun of hurt you, just running files behind your screen... O.o'

Regards Muaa~ (and yes im paranoid, that doesn't meanings enemies doesnt exist)
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I think people transitioned firebolt in range if it ever got stuck. Not sure if it works with urgent shot since we got the update. Problem is you have to alternate skills otherwise it gets stuck if I remember correctly and that's how ppl got around it most of the time.

As for the past forums....it was intentional because all the older threads were still archived and Nexon did not want any of the forums saved. There were reasons for this, but a lot of content was lost including all the Closed beta guides that had all the training you could ever need to get developed in this game.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    There is an elf lag fix.