Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Satire] Mabinogi Stereotypes Part 2: Wings

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
in General Chat
Wow, the original topic was a lot more well received than I expected. Neat.

As the title states, this time I'll be covering wings, and what using said wings may say about you as a player.
Now, because nobody gave me any wing stereotypes like I asked for in the first topic, I am sure to miss certain wings. (There is a LOT of them...)
So if I miss your favorite wing, sorry.
Although some like the SAO wings will be covered in a different section altogether, so don't expect those.

And of course the Golden Rule to remember: Just because a stereotype exists does not mean you are that stereotype. Exceptions exist. So if something you have is "Big jerk", it doesn't mean you are one.

Alright. Lets begin with...

quxgDbj.png
The Original Angel Wings (Both black and white)

Where else to begin than the original two sets of wings introduced way back in 2013?
Despite these being the oldest wings around, I almost never see these on the market anymore.
Most people who own them usually got them back when they first came out, so you can be sure they are knowledgeable about the game.
In other cases, they got lucky finding one on the market.
So yeah. Old School wings. Nothing fancy or over the top.

zn4rkg5.png
The Demon Wings.

Little Billy's first pair of wings. These have often been among the cheapest wings in the game, so a lot of players not familiar with the market yet will get these wings and feel proud of them. As for the stereotype, these people are trying to fill a demon set of some kind. This means they want to appear edgy, or have an air of mischief around them. I can't blame them, they really do just fit that kind of look.

pK9gRVy.png
Guardian Angel Wings

You didn't want to hunt for the original wings. That, or you like adding metal to everything to seem more powerful.
Compared to normal angel wings, this one has a much edgier air to it.
You will definitely give the impression that you take things very seriously.
Now, this isn't a bad thing. Just....relax once in a while alright?

8oIlwts.png
Bone Blade Wings

Wttv1Nc.png
The Glass Wings

This person wants to appear as fancy as possible. Usually this falls under the "look at my weird appearance" or "Look at how rich I must look" stereotypes. These wings were all the rage when they first came out, but have since become far less common.
Then again, as I stated in the original topic, some people just flock to the newest thing nonstop...

02MJHtp.png
The Eiren Wings

You either couldn't afford or didn't like the shorter wingspan of the Incubus Wings. These people usually want to stand out more with their demon appearance, often for various different reasons of their own. It also helps that the wings produce and eye catching fog. Now wethor or not the fog clashes with their appearance is another story...
Because sometimes....wow.

0fAO0zA.png
Incubus Wings

Now, Incubus Wings have two entirely different stereotypes based on how the person obtained them.
Way back in the day, the returned player reward gave people permanent non tradable Incubus Wings.
So people with these just got them for free, and are old players.

As for the people that have tradable ones, this is where the stereotype kicks in.
These people are old school traders. The merchants always on the market doing their thing.
With how consistently expensive Incubus Wings are (40m is the lowest I've seen, 80m is pretty normal)
It only makes sense that people who earned them know what they are doing on the market.

So if you ever need market advice, ask someone with a tradable pair. Chances are you will get some keen wisdom.

k3dqYwo.png
Miniopterus Wings

Discount Succubus Fiend Wings.

But seriously, people who use either wing just want a demon appearance that looks cute instead of edgy.
Tiny wings usually work for this, and they don't want to fall under the normal demon wing look so...

CVMcKyL.png
Royal Ceremony Wings

You will only see this on giants.
Why?
Because giants make these wings the SIZE OF AN ENTIRE BUILDING.

G5ZWmQF.png
Succubus Queen Wings

These people are gods, plain and simple. I have massive respect for anyone that puts up with phantasm long enough to legitimately earn these wings, even better if the full set.

On the other side of the spectrum, you have people who bought them.
And with how expensive they are.... these people are either questionably rich...or just questionable.

Easy way to tell is by asking if they want to run Phantasm.
Especially if you fund the pass.

And that covers it for the first Wing Stereotype topic.

Now, this time I'm going to make a poll on what should be done next.
And please, PLEASE if you vote for something let me know of a stereotype you think exists.
It is extremely difficult to go through every item in this game, so letting me know of your experiences helps immensely.

Anyways, let me know what you think.
  1. What should be done next?26 votes
    1. Weapons Part 1
       42% (11 votes)
    2. Shoes
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Gloves
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Hats
       4% (1 vote)
    5. Outfits
       27% (7 votes)
    6. Tails
       27% (7 votes)

Comments

• JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    the only wings that matter are pet sprite wings
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    The wings stereotype thread would need at least 50 parts. Too many of them.
    Nilrem
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited January 25, 2019
    I'm wearing White Cupid Wings ._.
  • GretaGreta
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    I'm wearing White Cupid Wings ._.

Oh wow. Sameeee!
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I'm going to be frank. I want capes. I want a beautiful flowing cape that fludders as I run around.
    Nilrem
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited January 25, 2019
    These on the other hand, are the best wings in the world.
    Ferghus%27s_Amazing_Wings.png
    Iyasenu
  • GretaGreta
    These on the other hand, are the best wings in the world.
    Ferghus%27s_Amazing_Wings.png

Ferghus masterpiece :D
    Kensamaofmari
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 26, 2019
    I have seen quite a number of self-centered fashionogi call Heart Wings "Wings for poor players" with the utmost derision. I want to kill those players in real life. :/
  • CoolAidCoolAid
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    edited January 26, 2019
    I have seen quite a number of self-centered fashionogi call Heart Wings "Wings for poor players" with the utmost derision. I want to kill those players in real life. :/

Uhhh I hope this is a joke. If not you should get therapy.
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    CoolAid wrote: »

Uhhh I hope this is a joke. If not you should get therapy.

Already on it. :p
    [Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    What if U wear a succubus queen wing on top of another succubus queen wing in the fashion slot plus fill all extra slot with succubus queen wings? Does that make U the coolest kid on da block? O3O!?
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Rhey wrote: »
    What if U wear a succubus queen wing on top of another succubus queen wing in the fashion slot plus fill all extra slot with succubus queen wings? Does that make U the coolest kid on da block? O3O!?

No, that just means you have amnesia and forgot you were the Succubus Queen the entire time.

And that you should get back to your boss room to party wipe the next unworthy bunch of challengers.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »

No, that just means you have amnesia and forgot you were the Succubus Queen the entire time.

And that you should get back to your boss room to party wipe the next unworthy bunch of challengers.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c40060c716153644da3d8ee
  • TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    Tuan Wings are the best <3
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Untradeable Incubus Wings, my stereotype is...
    Old!

Well, not that I wear them, or other wings.
    Because I'm always wearing my sheep robe, ever since I got it back in 2009.
    I've covered up my character's everything from back then onwards.
  • WanderIustWanderIust
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,490
    edited January 27, 2019
    I own several pairs of wings, but the only pair I use on a regular basis is the Snow-white Hummingbird Wings.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    i genuinely want to see a Tail's Stereotype thread. itl be fun to see the various stereotypes regarding tails
  • GretaGreta
    Spirit weapon stereotypes? Or maybe Squires?
  • Mkoch99Mkoch99
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,060
    edited January 29, 2019
    Best wings were the Twilight wings....rip :(