Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unsure.

AmesenpaiAmesenpai
Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
edited February 3, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Please Do Not Be Rude In Giving Your Opinion.
Lately I have been seeing in mabinogi some people want a giant/elf marriage to happen or to just be carried by a giant on the giant's shoulder. I think there should be and OPT out of the elf/giant war that is going on in mabinogi. To me I think since it is 2019 shouldn't the war have ended by now? Maybe, there can be a new alliance of elf's/giant's who are fighting against the war to have peace among those races.(due to humans can pick either side for giant/elf i do not think they go with this, BUT they can have their opinion on/in this.) So, (even if I know some people will definitely say no a lot on it I am still trying!) I just think it is time for a new thing between them, something so it feels more equal and more welcoming; to future players of mabinogi or even players who further play the game.

Please add comments below for your side to this. (I was really skeptical about putting this up due to some may say no to this and I just wanted no hate towards me or other fellow mabinogi players.
Yuukaku79
  1. Elf/Giant...?33 votes
    1. Marriage
       70% (23 votes)
    2. New Alliance
       6% (2 votes)
    3. OPT Out Button
       3% (1 vote)
    4. None Of The Above/Keep How It Is.
       21% (7 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited February 3, 2019
    they could put a new church in Cor Village or something so elves and giants can get married.
    AmesenpaiAraeAmarazYangKoete
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    Negumiko wrote: »
    they could put a new church in Cor Village or something so elves and giants can get married.

RIGHT! thank you ;_;
  • DianusiaDianusia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Actually it would be cool! We could make Lymilark sided Milletians, who would be in alliance of pacifism, which would allow giants and elves who both are on side of Lymilark to get married! That would be so sweet ♥
    Amesenpai
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I've always wondered what the babies would grow up to be.
    Amesenpai
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Not only allowing E/G marriage but choice of venue. Emain for a traditional western-style wedding (that's western as how everyone outside of north america understands western), Filia for a smaller more intimate kind of wedding, and Vales for a military style wedding.

As for the old days of having to sneak back into Filia or Vales, depending on your situation, maybe a future G could introduce time travel where you go back to the days of the war how mabi used to be. Maybe make it something you can visit again like Avon or Saga. Such a G would be a good way to re-introduce G5 and G6.

While we're at it, give humans an animal transform like E/G have and allow E/G to gain palandin or DK, letting folks have both transforms and let them stack. So like Falcon Dark Knight, Beast Paladin, etc.

My stars how it seems everything in this game is interconnected!
    AmesenpaiskpkionNeverimYangKoeteKaiwyth
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    I don't really see the point to being restricted to where you can get married. let 2 elves get married in Emain or Vales, or let to giants get married in Emain or Filia, and remove these silly restrictions. why should any of the churches care? they are still getting paid for the wedding service. as for Cor I have always imagined fitting a church build of some kind in the village and a Cor themed dungeon that plays normal but would have a marriage dungeon mode where the couple has to enter together and the boss fight would be your evil specter forms and the reward chests would have the rings for those who would want a challenging wedding option with fighting. it could help bring a little life to that dead village.
    Amesenpai
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited February 5, 2019
    Let's keep in mind that the Elven and Giant races have been at war for years with Giants killing Elves and Elves killing Giants. They might not be fighting anymore, but that doesn't mean they like one another enough that they'd let something like a wedding involving the race they were at war with happen in their ancestral homes. For the Giants, Dowra probably wouldn't be so harsh against it and we know Taunes wouldn't, but Krug and Kirine are another story.

Going to Filia, we know who other than Castanea would be extremely opposed. Maike... yeah, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of the rage within that elf. He lost his loved ones to the Giants. He's not going to stand idly by if one is trying to get married in Filia.

If either of those two locations (Vales and Filia) were involved, there would have to be something huge to happen to make this possible otherwise it would be an equally huge disrespect to the people of these two areas. The love for money only goes so far, so the entitlement behind 'oh, but we're paying you' can't apply, it's akin to the retail crap where customers feel they can treat you like crap because 'they pay your salary/paycheck~'. It's not a good look obviously.

Something far more appropriate would be possible ASKING Krug/Castanea if they could get married in their town with their beloved (with one of the players involved being an opposing race) based on their past alliances which have been more involved. However, even then that could be seen as Milletians disrespecting the Giants and Elves' feelings.

Making a new chapel set in between both of the cities and calling it the Church of the Irinid would be a good idea. It would be honoring Neamhain, which both races do as the Irinid and the location could act as a neutral location for the weddings that could be seen as upsetting to these people. Maybe this would be another means of releasing the Ghost curse from the Elves and speeding the return of the lands of Filia and Vales to their proper glories of green? Maybe the Church of the Irinid can do weddings on location (not quite Vales, but somewhere in Physis/not quite Filia, but somewhere in Connous (the oasis would be AWESOME to get married at!)). Courcle could do as a location being between the areas, but it's a literal jungle with a lot of wild animals and monster plants and bugs. Might be a little difficult as a location due to that.

As it currently stands though, the lore regarding the two races still have them more than at odds with one another even if they aren't actually battling anymore.
    If they can make it happen, they can just change NPC lines to, "you better take care of him/her or you're gonna get it."
    LeineiKaiwyth
  • LeineiLeinei
    I could see Maike being the biggest troublemaker with that threat with the most long-winded ones all while questioning the Elf's sanity. XD
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited February 5, 2019
    Or have a special area like a secret location that's based on eloping marriages.

Edit: A random thought just came out. Like the dungeons Maiz and Karu, there's a special location in Iria where the entrance changes at 12AM/PM PST and must be found via L-Rod. The theme are elves and giants that are tired of the war and have eloped, with the secret village a haven for them to live out their lives in peace. Also Taunes and Arata disappear from their villages at certain times (in mabi time, say 6Pm - 3AM) but are found at the secret village.
    NeverimKaiwyth
    Leinei wrote: »
    I could see Maike being the biggest troublemaker with that threat with the most long-winded ones all while questioning the Elf's sanity. XD

With the elves who are in suits and shades behind him.
    LeineiFluorette
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    The two new post-Saga quests "The New Face of Vales" and "The New Face of Filia" suggest that the elves and giants are friendlier than they're letting on. Doesn't Weide hint that Kirine is having secret dealings with the elves?

I remember the MusicQ event quests saying that Maike is hanging out with Dowra in his free time too...

I vote for allowing marriages. The war is over! A new age of love and secret dealings is upon us!
  • LeineiLeinei
    I remember a Music Q thing saying Maike has "an insomniac friend that needs help sleeping" and has heard music could help, but not him actively hanging out with Dowra? O_o

Don't get me wrong; I'm all for allowing Elves and Giants to marry. In fact, the first couple should be Taunes and Atrata. I'm just saying feelings are still likely had about the war and those don't go away easily.
    I remember a Music Q thing saying Maike has "an insomniac friend that needs help sleeping" and has heard music could help, but not him actively hanging out with Dowra? O_o

Don't get me wrong; I'm all for allowing Elves and Giants to marry. In fact, the first couple should be Taunes and Atrata. I'm just saying feelings are still likely had about the war and those don't go away easily.

One could say that it's been centuries since that war and centuries since the aggression toward each other have ended.

Once trading/commerce routes are added in Iria, it is time to put Giant and Elves together (and maybe a hobgoblin as a sidekick).
  • LeineiLeinei
    Wouldn't that mean a lot of people are having died of old age at that point then?
    edited February 6, 2019
    Wouldn't that mean a lot of people are having died of old age at that point then?

Tuatha de Dannan are said to not die unless killed.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Ok, fine, then they'll all have been far older than they should be if that were true. -_-
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Sure, why not? I'd like to see this happen, but if it's to be made "official", I think there should be a lore component explaining why this is so, otherwise it'll feel out of place.

The Elves and Giants have been in a "ceasefire" state for some time now. With the Heart of Courcle gone (zzz the Brionac ate it), there's no incentive for them to be fighting anymore... other than out of pure spite/hatred/grudge. Even then, surely enough time has passed to say that a new generation of young Elves and Giants are growing up during the ceasefire, seeing members of the other race pass through their villages but not quite sure why their peers bitterly hate the other race.
    Hey, it'd be just like the kids that loved Rock 'n Roll in the second half of the 20th century while their parents absolutely despised it.

The ideas proposed here are nice, too. Alternatively a church could be built in Belvast, where Humans, Elves, Giants, and even Fomors live amongst each other in peace.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Sure, why not? I'd like to see this happen, but if it's to be made "official", I think there should be a lore component explaining why this is so, otherwise it'll feel out of place.

The Elves and Giants have been in a "ceasefire" state for some time now. With the Heart of Courcle gone (zzz the Brionac ate it), there's no incentive for them to be fighting anymore... other than out of pure spite/hatred/grudge. Even then, surely enough time has passed to say that a new generation of young Elves and Giants are growing up during the ceasefire, seeing members of the other race pass through their villages but not quite sure why their peers bitterly hate the other race.
    Hey, it'd be just like the kids that loved Rock 'n Roll in the second half of the 20th century while their parents absolutely despised it.

The ideas proposed here are nice, too. Alternatively a church could be built in Belvast, where Humans, Elves, Giants, and even Fomors live amongst each other in peace.

THIS.
    Ok, fine, then they'll all have been far older than they should be if that were true. -_-

I remember someone said they get to choose whether they want to age or not.
    It's why only Ruairi's and Tarlach's ages have changed but not really anyone else.