Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Forced Rebirths, why?

Comments

• DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    Welp, experimenting with a new mule. looks like i have a choice between rebirth or being able to do the Sagas and learning things like rest. I'll prodding away at it 'til I need the char to be able to do more things. Getting up there to Nao isn't enough to satisfy the rebirth quest. Looks like one needs to actually get rebirthed.

As for rest, they've even locked down the old quest where you talk to Nora. She'll ask you if you've learned rest yet, but that's the end of the conversation. They kind of clipped it off without cleaning up much.
    Helsa wrote: »
    ...Why it matters is that some of the facial features are available for free only during this special rebirth....

Didn't use to be this way. It's all a matter of programming. The developers have decided for whatever reason they want everyone to be rebirthed. There are a number of manipulations they've programmed in that i question. Some I don't. In this particular case, I'm curious what their think on this is/was and why is it important to them. And I'm going to be stubborn and resist all attempts on their part to forcefully take my original state away from me. (Carefully avoiding using the R-word that they edited out of my original post.)
  • RudeCrowRudeCrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    I don't see what the issue is. ._.

Can't you just uncheck "Reset Age and Level", then change your talent, so you get another beginner class for a different talent?
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    You should say "if i make a new character on the same account i shouldn't be forced to rebirth since i know the process already therefor (therefore?) i don't wanna be forced to rebirth when it is the same account and i know how to rebirth blah blah" otherwise i see no issue with it, if your starting one character that is new. It just teaches you how the process is if your new to the game.
    Jazmyn
  • GorillaBBQGorillaBBQ
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    To the man who had the dedication to make those post.

Thank you.

But I have to agree with the other people, rebirthing is nothing but a good thing to your character, offering a higher accumulative level to brag about, and more ap gain.

Except when you want to challenge yourself by playing a no rebirth character, max out all talents at accumulative and max level of only 200, whether you had to reset all your skills to rank f after you finished maxing all the skills related to close combat just to move on to maxing magic, and so on. OR after hundreds of hours of gameplay on that one character, finishing every story saga there is for the extra ap, and maybe stacking some ap coins on the way, you managed to have the total amount of ap required to have every skill in all talent trees to be maxed at rank 1 at the same time, with 0 rebirths. That is when you know you have the legend to brag about such a feat.

But I cant now, that option is lost to me.

Sure I can have 1 rebirth and call it a day, but then it might as well not be a challenge anymore, since you "rebirthed" and you pretty much lost the game.

And I dont have the luxury to spend money on nexon anymore, because if done it in the past plenty, and right now I dont want to waste any more money on this game, since it is totally viable to get by on this game now to make a new character and spend the 20 pon I so conveniently had reserved at the exact brilliant timing of having this idea, so I could pick some exclusive haircut, eyes, face and features. A beautiful character that I think looks great.

Yet again, I am thankful for the man who had the time to make this post, for me to make a comment about, before I had finally gotten tired of thinking about making a character who rebirthed 2 times for the easy memoir levels and would have a total accumulative level of 227, his current body level 200. That just isnt good for my OCD now is it? Ignore that rambling of mine.

I think I could of lived with a 0 rebirthed character that had completely ignored the memoirs. My 0 rebirthed character would of being my new main, and if I happened to get another 2 assistant cards for a giant and elf, I would of being content with that, since they could of done the memoirs for me. The pet it offers gives quite a good healing effect upon summoning.

Look, I have to say that I probably wont have an effect on this post, since mabinogi have had a bad reputation in customer support, but I would be THRILLED for a simple button option while talking to tin, that says "Choose a talent" Right next to "Rebirth and talent"

Thank you for listening to my dumb request, hopefully it will get out, but other people have other worrys am I wrong? I guess thinking about themselves first is just the second nature of humanity.

And I TOTALLY know of the power of selfish thinking, and the self reward it has, as well as the convenient ignorance to realitys consequences it provides to you, because I gotta say, it comes quite in handy doesent it?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nice necrobump.
  • DianusiaDianusia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    I mean.. I do think rebirth shouldn't be forced. It's just additional thing, right? It is possible to get to 1k without a single rebirth, I know someone who does it with forgetful pots.