Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Plans if the MERGE occurs

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ofelia wrote: »
    if the merge "happens" i don't think they can deal with the influx of players per channel cap.

and

my magic eight ball says mabi is going to follow what happened to the Vindi servers

all servers become one

NA mabi and EU mabi

names are going to be by account age and level of the player

None the less im not stressing out about the merge if and when it happens...... we could just pull at our hair and scream the world is ending while drinking a pint of old english xD

I'll drink to that!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    How the merge happens
    power-hungry-orcs.jpg
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Arae wrote: »
    The bank tabs get deleted aswell for the characters transferring

If all characters on an account, are on only one server now, then a server merge will not effect their bank situation. The only folks that could be effected are ones with characters on different servers on the same account. Here there are two possible errors Nexon can make; one not so bad, and one REALLY bad.

The not so bad one is that post merge the banks still act like they are still segregated by server. So, say, your Tarlach character goes to the bank and sees their old Tarlach gold amount and only the accounts of their other Tarlach characters. Your Mari characters only see the old Mari banking situation, and so on. This would be a bug, to be sure, but not a disaster. Nothing would be lost, and then it could be fixed. So, an inconvenience for a bit.

The bad possibility is that the full bank merge goes through with all characters able to access the same "bank", but with one big problem, the gold is not properly merged and it only reflects the gold of one of the servers say. While the items in the bank will be unaffected, the gold could get lost. The reason is items in the bank are tied to the character record, while the gold in the bank is tied to the server record. The character records database has already been merged since the beginning. Anyway if this happened then it would be really bad. So they would have to ensure that up to four different bank-worths of gold are properly summed into one accurate total.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    This game will not last long enough to even see a merge happen.
    CrimsọnFalaflame
    Harukari wrote: »

Oof
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    I’m putting my bet that we’ll get the merge by summer or they wouldn’t have even touched on it at the campfire event if you see the way he responded to the crowd it was clear we want it and they acknowledged that I read the forums almost everyday yet I haven’t played in almost a year now I can speak for myself and some good friends also on hiatus us beta testers are waiting for this merge so we can get back to what we would call the game being playable again I only speak for myself and a personal group of friends. On another note there’s no way we’re going to have a merge and get everything we want out of it some people are going to be unhappy no matter what and some problems will mostly likely occur as stated above.
    Faithrend wrote: »
    I’m putting my bet that we’ll get the merge by summer or they wouldn’t have even touched on it at the campfire event if you see the way he responded to the crowd it was clear we want it and they acknowledged that I read the forums almost everyday yet I haven’t played in almost a year now I can speak for myself and some good friends also on hiatus us beta testers are waiting for this merge so we can get back to what we would call the game being playable again I only speak for myself and a personal group of friends. On another note there’s no way we’re going to have a merge and get everything we want out of it some people are going to be unhappy no matter what and some problems will mostly likely occur as stated above.

Summer sounds like a bad time to do it with G23 due by then.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Oof

Yep, I'm sorry but I am gonna have to agree with all the lootbox crap going on. They blocked Belgium from the cash shop, and they are going to block Netherlands too.
    HarukariFalaflame
    Gaea wrote: »

Oof

Yep, I'm sorry but I am gonna have to agree with all the lootbox crap going on. They blocked Belgium from the cash shop, and they are going to block Netherlands too.

The Lowlands can't go any lower.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065

Oof

When we see something as a sign for the future, its not looking to bright for Nexon NA
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Faithrend wrote: »

Yep, but I've been saying 2019 just to give some leeway. There are other signs pointing to a merge this year that have already been detailed. One hopes that Nexon would anticipate all problems first before performing a merge. Threads like this can be useful if any pitfalls might occur to the community that didn't to Nexon.
    Faithrend
  • FalaflameFalaflame
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    Alshian wrote: »

Oof

When we see something as a sign for the future, its not looking to bright for Nexon NA

In all fairness, it's been painted on the wall for quite a while. In fact, they've been warned about it last year.

Oof

You consulted the 8 ball didn't you.
    Faithrend
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670

Only you are wrong because the merge could happen this year sometime. The game has more than a year left. Let's not spread FUD now.
    LiberateSebastianDraechLeineiGreta
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited February 9, 2019
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Only you are wrong because the merge could happen this year sometime. The game has more than a year left. Let's not spread FUD now.

Alright. Things are totally okay how they are now. Keep going about your mabi lives til it's gone. :3
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

Alright. Things are totally okay how they are now. Keep going about your mabi lives til it's gone. :3

I will :) I look forward to the server merges, and g23-25 and to the VIP update. I don't let FUD damper my game play.
    Greta
  • FalaflameFalaflame
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    At this point, the way the lootbox law is being dealt with, it's not even FUD anymore. It's a reality.
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435

-CH1 Full

not really Tarlach's CH7 is full not 1