Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dampen Shock

MeridisMeridis
Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
in General Chat
I'm kinda curious about something that I'm not getting a clear answer from what I can piece together in the wiki. Can a human activate dampen shock in their normal state? That is, without bonuses from divine link, food, transformations, etc? I'm looking at my own character and their base defense and magic defense is stuck at around 140 and 85. The remaining things I see to add to it don't seem to make it all the way.

Comments

• Grimreaper97Grimreaper97
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Yes you can activate Dampen shock with just armor on. I wear Langu Chaser armor and I achieve the reqs just fine. So you might need some end game armor or some type with Magic Def on it to hit the mark.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I thought it had to be the base stats in order to trigger Dampen Shock?
  • MeridisMeridis
    Leinei wrote: »
    I thought it had to be the base stats in order to trigger Dampen Shock?

if you boost the primary stats (str, int, will) with those it increases base defense/protection which is what's being checked.
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Yes, humans can have Dampen Shock active, regardless of whether they have any buffs on, or even any equipment. Any given end-game player can do it, if we're considering high stats to be end-game.
  • MeridisMeridis
    edited February 15, 2019
    That's odd. I don't see anything I'm missing though. So I don't know what skills I'm lacking that keeps me below the requirements.

edit: ok, nvm, I am dumb. I both haven't leveled much and forgot that Shine of Eweca was a thing. Well, more like I checked the chart for under 1k ttl and forgot that the stat increase rises with ttl.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I'm an elf and can do it almost naked.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

madness

Unless you have a good total level for the shine of eweca giving ya the Str to get base 150 def naked as an elf.

Its hard to believe for an elf with no good total level to achieve 150+ Base without at least 1,480+ Str naked

although you said "Almost" naked so i assume you at least have the body armor on.

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Alshian wrote: »

madness

Unless you have a good total level for the shine of eweca giving ya the Str to get base 150 def naked as an elf.

Its hard to believe for an elf with no good total level to achieve 150+ Base without at least 1,480+ Str naked

although you said "Almost" naked so i assume you at least have the body armor on.

Naked + divine link does it. Or fully clothed.

yeah I'm just shy of 25k total
  • KensonKenson
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    Humans can activate dampen naked. Don't forget the perm bonuses from inactive GM's.
  • AlaelorAlaelor
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    Alshian wrote: »

madness

Naked + divine link does it. Or fully clothed.

yeah I'm just shy of 25k total

Bolded the proper thing for ya. The original post was asking if it's possible to do it without buffs IE:Divine link.

On topic:Yes a human is able to do it without buffs with proper stats which shouldn't be to hard though you might need a mdef armor early on. Giants have an easier time and elves have the hardest time to the point I don't think it's possible without buffs.
  • KensonKenson
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    Elves can with echoes, I know. Otherwise I'm not 100% on that.