Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Remove Raid Requirements for Crusader Skills

aef8234aef8234
Mabinogi Rep: 760
in Feedback and Suggestions
No one's going to explicitly go to a raid with people who aren't geared for said raid, much less people who don't have the required skills to do said raid well. To make no mention about the small population barely doing raids in the first place.

And for the people saying "I do raids all the time at X time," raids are usually the endgame grind for MMOs, if raids aren't full 24/7 or at least 12/3 there's something wrong.

Conversely, you could also remove Crusader Cooldowns during solo raids.

Either way, point being, training raid skills in the middle of the raid is asinine, especially when the skills are important.

Comments

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Not sure what server you're on, but Mari usually has public runs that people get their requirements since the squad composition always includes a few vets that can carry the entire run if need be. Plus that's what easy mode is for, grab 2 friends and you can train the skills as much as you want.
  • aef8234aef8234
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Not sure what server you're on, but Mari usually has public runs that people get their requirements since the squad composition always includes a few vets that can carry the entire run if need be. Plus that's what easy mode is for, grab 2 friends and you can train the skills as much as you want.

Either way, point being, training raid skills in the middle of the raid is asinine, especially when the skills are important.

No amount of bandaid fixes cobbled by the community will change the fact that the skills were designed to be trained during a raid. Hence the asinine part.

I mean sure, you can bring friends to an easy raid to "practice." But this "practice" usually means using the skills a couple thousand times - with or without any 2x boosts by the way, I've been counting, for each skill in phases that usually only let you use said skill once for at least two skills.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    aef8234 wrote: »

No amount of bandaid fixes cobbled by the community will change the fact that the skills were designed to be trained during a raid. Hence the asinine part.

I mean sure, you can bring friends to an easy raid to "practice." But this "practice" usually means using the skills a couple thousand times - with or without any 2x boosts by the way, I've been counting, for each skill in phases that usually only let you use said skill once for at least two skills.

Well to the point is that these skills are meant and by design are to be used in that raid. If you wish to specifically train these skills then you are encouraged to arrange a smaller raid party for that purpose (3-6p) And yes, I, and most of the normal raiders on my server have done that. Some have even ranked up from the simple fact of attending raids during public raid times. You honestly really lose nothing from just attending raids or organizing your own training parties. There are skills out there that are far worse when it comes to training.

By the way you're so hostile to it seems like you just dislike the fact that the skills have a community component, namely that it requires other players to properly train. The simple fact is that the crusader skills are just middle road when it comes to training difficulty, take your time, attend raids, or ask a few friends for help. Everyone that has R1 in the skill has done that, and have done it without issue.
  • aef8234aef8234

Well to the point is that these skills are meant and by design are to be used in that raid. If you wish to specifically train these skills then you are encouraged to arrange a smaller raid party for that purpose (3-6p) And yes, I, and most of the normal raiders on my server have done that. Some have even ranked up from the simple fact of attending raids during public raid times. You honestly really lose nothing from just attending raids or organizing your own training parties. There are skills out there that are far worse when it comes to training.

And again, explaining something doesn't change the part where said something is asinine.
    By the way you're so hostile to it seems like you just dislike the fact that the skills have a community component, namely that it requires other players to properly train. The simple fact is that the crusader skills are just middle road when it comes to training difficulty, take your time, attend raids, or ask a few friends for help. Everyone that has R1 in the skill has done that, and have done it without issue.

1. Excuse me for not being enthused about something I already answered in the OP.

2. I dislike it has a community component? lolno. I dislike that crusader skills has a forced feel to it, like there's so many limits in general to limit how often I can train it. From the Crusader XP caps, to needing a specific niche of a specific niche in a specific raid on specific raids to train.

3. And you people also pay hundreds of dollars on gachapon without issues, I don't see the point of "people do X, so it should be fine." Besides, have people done R1 all skills? Or just a handful?