Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Do people have no manners during training?

Comments

• asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited January 23, 2017
    Not sure if it was ever fixed but the foxes near ciar dungeon used to have a decent spawn...around that rock that just jets out of nowhere near the black wolves. Granted it's not the same as the raccoons, barely anyone really goes there. If they fixed it...then nvm.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Jerks gonna jerk. It's a problem with society in general; the withering of empathy and consideration for others.

I'm one of the few who'll actually go to another channel if someone's already there, and if they're all already taken I'll just go to the polar hornets. For some purposes (like needing to attack large groups of enemies) they work better; their aggro is easily managed and fairly easy to manipulate.
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    This happens to me as well. I like to train Crises Escape in Shyllien reserve area 2 so I can kill mobs during the cooldown. People are always coming in and just randomly attacking things and not even asking if its okay. So I move to raccoons at someone's suggestion. I'm there for hours (working on other projects and using the skill as it becomes available) and there is no one there. People come up and start training ninja or guns or enthralling and don't even ask if its okay. So usually I kill as many raccoons as I can until they get mad and leave/cc.

Doesn't really bother me much that they do it, rather that they don't communicate.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I always hated when people did this and found it very rude. What I started doing was, If I was training on raccoons and if someone came in and started killed them, I would get into a party, change finish rule to everyone. Then run around and summon all my AOE pets to kill all the raccoons and sit there watching the finished rule raccoons lying there. I would do this until the person left.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 23, 2017
    I kinda agree with @Eralea . Mongooses, Fennec foxes and Wolves are good weak animals to train on. If they aggro, they will only circle around you like raccoons and also are in huge herds too. If you think that it's hard to train on them, well then... I don't know... Either you are a huge weakling or too lazy to even try to train on them and see how it goes there.
    Helsa
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Why there? Sulfur spider first room works for most things with mob requirements. Shadow cast city works for things with group requirements. Barrier spikes in Provo works for use requirements. Their method works for hit requirements.

I've been there and done every skill in game and I could probably name a more efficient place given the skill when compared to raccoons.
    Greta
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    So this has happened to me more times than I can count but I've noticed an interesting pattern. I stay under 1k so I can reset for easy CP training, and it only happens right after I've reset. I don't know if it's just because there'll be a "Naive Warrior" or something that they think I'm new and can mess with me or what, but it just about never happens unless I've got low ranked skills. It happened like a year and a half ago, back when I used to crash every time I CC'd, and 2 people came over and bullied me to get out of the training spot. And of course, I'm stubborn and an elf gunner so I'll just shooting rush everything and kill things half a second before they do. Usually they leave after a minute but these people had such a "better than thou" attitude that they instead called their guild leader to try to help them, but even the guild leader didn't agree with what they were doing.

But the BEST people are the ones who screw with your cobweb farm. :T The most notable time was back during the gingerbread event I was gathering cobwebs and this horribly rude person comes over. I move to show I'm active, and she windmills anyway. I ask her to not kill these spiders, to get the stragglers because I have a farm and was gathering. She doesn't say anything and just windmills again. So I start getting annoyed and being like "What's wrong with you do you even speak english? Don't kill these ones!" And she tells me she only needs a few more and to relax. Since my farm was toast after the third time she did it, I did my usual elf-gunner method to bother her and then SHE starts getting mad at me. So I ask her how she thinks I make the silk that she bought from me not 20 minutes prior and she didn't even know what I meant by farm. Even afterwards, she doesn't apologize and tells me it's just a game and to get over it. But obviously if you're that rude and stupid interacting with people in an MMO, you're not going to be much better in real life. This was also all because she needed the formor command scroll because no one would tell her when the gingerbread spawned. I also almost joined a really nice guild, the leader was super friendly and invited me to their meeting and everything, but when I realized she was in it, along with a couple others, I realized it wouldn't be a good fit.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited January 23, 2017
    Go to Tir Na Nog and gather the zombies in one spot, then train on them. For Way of the Gun, just do the first room of Sulfur Spider on beginner.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    @Carlize lmao I had that happened to me once. For some reason a lot of people trained at logging camp at the time. This 1 player found that it's amusing and said we should party up. He also said I am a pushover (or something similar) and imply that I am the weakest there perhaps because I have the least damage. I pretended that I didn't know that he meant me and just continued training until he came near me. I just ignored him anyway and he stopped bugging me lol I don't remember when, but unlike you I was fairly new at the time and quite amused by some of the elitist attitude some people have.

@Raishii I probably will get aggroed first by the spiders before I can even shoot. Like I said, it's laggy and I only mentioned way of the gun in my post. I already did the skills required to train at TNN.

It's funny how this thread became a where to train place when I'm not even asking about that................... Quite annoying to see people claiming their training place is the best when it's not the same for everyone.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited January 23, 2017
    you should cc but if you can't there are plenty of spots where you can train, underground caves, filia, TNN, the walls at provo or ep7, etc. I personally finished all those skills on the walls at ep7 and TNN killing/attacking zombies and dingos, took me 4 days with 2x 1day training pots and this event.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    @ShouK Just throw up a rain cloud or use Divine Link to not be aggro'd. Easy solution.
  • ShouKShouK
    edited January 23, 2017
    @Raishii Yeah easy. Except I don't have both.
  • Guy who loves RiceGuy who loves Rice
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    For me when it comes to training I usually end up always going to Iria. With the land so empty there is often time's groups of weak enemies allowing for training. Most of the time people are not usually this horrible as Mabinogi's community tends to be very positive compared to most communities (least from what I have seen)... Buuuut when the bad people do come out... its really bad haha x3
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    I'm not really someone that would camp a lot for a skill, I'm more into "when the skills says it, I'll rank it", but sometimes I need to do some skill (like the Mission Point Event, no idea what to do, etc) or I'm walking in a "skill training spot" and decides to just take the chance and rank up a few skills.

Now. There was this one time when I wasn't really killing a lot of mobs but just one every X seconds, a player came to me EXTREMELY mad because I killed his mobs and I should just get the *bip* out of there because that was his spot, he was first and bla bla bla. Really? I wasn't even taking all "his" mobs and there were plenty STILL ALIVE that I didn't even touch but... meh. [End of story: I wasn't in the mood to answer him and just walked off]
    To be fair and see the "bright" side: I was ranking archery skills and was in the south part of Tir (foxes were taken, raccoons too) and found another player ranking the same skill, we just followed a circle path (no talking, just happened) where we wouldn't see each other and we could still farm without any problem, even if we were 2 with like... uh... 20 wolves?

Mostly it happens that I start training (because the skill is nearly complete, so I push it up a bit) and see someone else, so I CC and continue.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    @ShouK Well, then you'll have to just either deal with the people on channel 1 or change channels and lose your shop, I guess. Pick one.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    Like if worse comes to worst and I can't find another channel or if I was already there and had to walk off to do something and came back and another person was there, I use somewhere that other people are training (or if you look afk, I will just take over an area), but I usually try to be mindful of other people. At the same time, there's plenty of these mobs and even if all grounds are completely full (like with 2+ players on each channel, which sounds almost hypothetical these days) and you need to share, you can't just be like 'WELL THESE RACCOONS ARE MINE THEY BELONG TO ME NOW.' It just seems really childish. It's an MMO. You're going to need to share spaces sometimes. People aren't entitled to just drop what they're doing to humor you. Of course, these days it's rare to see the servers and channels get absolutely packed and CCing/Moving is an option most times, there's times it's not always possible for people to move :V Learn to communicate with the people and say something like "hey I've been training here and I know you want to train here too but let's work something out" instead of getting mad and barking "CCPLZ" right away. Yeah, what they're doing is rude, but what you're doing is rude too, or well more like based on your responses, it sounds like you were responding rudely :V

Also for the posts about mari, I'm kinda curious. Anytime I've come in an area and either not seen a person or someone was afk and they started attacking again (like after 20+ minutes or so) and started some ks competition, I've never seen them do t he most reasonable thing and just ask me to leave. Is it just something that people in mari do which is complain but not look for some sort of solution? I don't know how it is for other servers, but I never see people communicate while trying to train skills. They either come in and try to take over or immediately leave.

So yeahh idk when I think about it I never really see people communicate and usually communication solves problems :V

I think at this point I'm just babbling though
    Xiokun
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited January 23, 2017
    Yea there are jerks who do that to me too. If I ask them to leave nicely I get attitude. My husband goes and FH everything after that. Lol
  • ShouKShouK
    @Raishii Well yeah, I said I closed my shop. That is never the question...
  • FlowerbombFlowerbomb
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    there are currently three people doing all sorts of training in ch1 Alexina right now.
    I don't even know how they're working it out tho haha
    anyway, it all becomes down to priorities. if ur shop is more important to you, train later. if you you must train at the same time, look for locations where there aren't people already training.. such as dorren's request, sulfur spider, tir fox field. etc. However, certain regions are not owned by anyone. we all need to share. it is a pity that raccoon field is the only location we can easily train our skills. I really wish they incorporate some kind of a training ground with scarecrows(like raynold's training field) or raccoons so people don't fight over public field.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    There are tons of weak monsters around Fillia, Vales and Qilla Base Camp if you don't like training on Basic SM. I finished training some skills in there when i didn't need specific CP on them. I even trained some skills on Polar Hornets lol. Why people must concentrate only around Logging Camp or Tir Chonaill...
    Helsa
This discussion has been closed.