Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

AH add recent history?!

enthusiasticenthusiastic
Mabinogi Rep: 310
edited February 24, 2019 in General Chat
PLEASE ADD THAT Dx
I can't find recent history of things that AREN'T being sold.

Any other stuff would you suggest?
Imaizumi

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I'm having trouble understanding what you're talking about. If they're not being sold, why would the be in the Auction House? O_o
    QAQb
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited February 25, 2019
    Leinei wrote: »
    I'm having trouble understanding what you're talking about. If they're not being sold, why would the be in the Auction House? O_o

I think what they're trying to say is there's no way to see the average recent price of how much an item sold for unless it's listed.
    QAQbTwelie
  • LeineiLeinei
    Raishii wrote: »

I think what they're trying to say is there's no way to see the average recent price of how much an item sold for unless it's listed.

Ah. Kind of hard to understand from their phrasing, but I guess that makes sense? =T
  • LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    I mean that is what the average is for and if the item never sold on auction before how will they know what to list?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited February 25, 2019
    I think she means if she doesn't have the item herself. Let's say she wants a puppet theater outfit, and she wants to offer on one that someone is selling... but she doesn't know the value... she'd want to use the AH to find the most recent price, but since she doesn't own the item she can't check it by trying to list it. If no one has it listed she can't check it that way either. She could ask the person selling it to try listing it to see the recent price, but they could just lie. It's not exactly good to go by that price anyways because I was lucky enough to find a grand scarlet nightstalker outfit for 12 mil.... and no one has sold it for less than 30 since then. it's not like just because someone sold it for a certain price that everyone else should feel obligated to use that price. For instance if some weirdo sold that puppet theater recently for 4 mil and it was on average worth 9 mil.... you can't expect some seller to just blindly sell for 4 because it last sold for that.
    ImaizumiQAQbLychee
  • PopclipsPopclips
    Mabinogi Rep: 790
    I think they mean something that would be more helpful in this situation: You are looking for a price check on an item via the auction house so you can advertise a reasonable buying price, but.....because that item is not currently on the ah, it's difficult to check unless you already know someone who knows the price ;-;-b
    AlexisEUQAQb
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Popclips wrote: »
    I think they mean something that would be more helpful in this situation: You are looking for a price check on an item via the auction house so you can advertise a reasonable buying price, but.....because that item is not currently on the ah, it's difficult to check unless you already know someone who knows the price ;-;-b

If you own the item (assuming it's not character lock), you can see recent AH prices.

If you don't own it (or if it's lock) and no one is selling it at the moment, then there is no way of seeing sale history.
    This specific case is probably what @enthusiastic is talking about.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Arjune wrote: »
    I think she means if she doesn't have the item herself. Let's say she wants a puppet theater outfit, and she wants to offer on one that someone is selling... but she doesn't know the value... she'd want to use the AH to find the most recent price, but since she doesn't own the item she can't check it by trying to list it. If no one has it listed she can't check it that way either. She could ask the person selling it to try listing it to see the recent price, but they could just lie. It's not exactly good to go by that price anyways because I was lucky enough to find a grand scarlet nightstalker outfit for 12 mil.... and no one has sold it for less than 30 since then. it's not like just because someone sold it for a certain price that everyone else should feel obligated to use that price. For instance if some weirdo sold that puppet theater recently for 4 mil and it was on average worth 9 mil.... you can't expect some seller to just blindly sell for 4 because it last sold for that.

Male or Female Grand Scarlet Nightstalker?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited February 25, 2019
    Male or Female Grand Scarlet Nightstalker?

Female :) even male ones are expensive nowadays so I got really lucky finding the female one with idle for 12
  • LycheeLychee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Arjune wrote: »
    I think she means if she doesn't have the item herself. Let's say she wants a puppet theater outfit, and she wants to offer on one that someone is selling... but she doesn't know the value... she'd want to use the AH to find the most recent price, but since she doesn't own the item she can't check it by trying to list it. If no one has it listed she can't check it that way either. She could ask the person selling it to try listing it to see the recent price, but they could just lie.

Honestly this is exactly what I was talking about.
    Sorry for the miscommunications...
    But this way you as a player can see a recent pricing in the AH and even if someone bought the item or if you don't own the item you can acknowledge an average price for the item..and you wouldn't over pay for an item or would get scammed. It's a lot easier to know the recent history on an item and would help recent players coming back to the game or just simply players who don't use the AH often.

A good example of brokers/AH ...top of my mind atm, is Tera online's broker. Or Path of exile ?