Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Notice to Belgian Players

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    All the while NA is just playing it by ear until everything becomes official. smh.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 11, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »
    All the while NA is just playing it by ear until everything becomes official. smh.

Eh, could be worse. My thread on the Funimation fiasco was vanishified... so yeah.
    It's way better for Nexon to face the threat of being bought out, rather than facing the threat an impending lawsuit.
    All I really did was give links to purchase JP goods in order to support the anime/factory workers involved in Mabinogi collabs and described the NA situation. (If you didn't like it, do your own research, or hire a better collaboration promotion team to actually sell the products.)
    Not exactly sure why it was deleted, it wasn't meant to be rude or anything.
    The sad state of being employed as anything is the unsung truth of having the constant threat of being replaced at any time.
    Funimation's problem was not keeping that firing under the rug, and not controlling the social media of employees.
    (This is why Mabinogi JP has Pan as the social media expert, no fourth walls must be broken, and no problems could happen.) #NexonJPusedForesight
    If the Vmods can't handle discussion about it, then maybe Nexon should've listened to the players about gachapons before Belgium went and confirmed that Nexon KR/Global is promoting illegal gambling.
    Because in one way or another, Nexon will either become some other company, or some employees (especially marketing) might have to have their recommendation lists ready.
    It's unavoidable, especially with the big talking moneybags who are bidding.
    MedicalDazzlingAzurewingedmagpie-size_restricted.gif

*Edit*
    Some kinda Brand Inside Asia website made an article quite recently.
    According to Google Translate:
    "For the acquisition of Nexon, this time will buy 66.7% of the company's shares through NXC, which is the largest shareholder of Nexon. The reason is that there are many interested parties, including Tencent, because Nexon's founder Kim Jung-ju wants to Will sell all existing NXC shares."
    Same stuff, same stuff...
    "It is expected that the NXC stock auction will take place in April. However, this deal may cause South Korean regulators to stare Tencent specifically because it is a major player in the gaming market. Which may cause this deal to be blocked if Tencent gets the business."
    And nothing new.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 11, 2019
    You had a thread on the funimation fiasco??? Ok now I know we have a blue staff. They deleted a whole bunch of comments concerning sjw's. So you were not the only one. But it could also be your offsite linking.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 11, 2019
    You had a thread on the funimation fiasco??? Ok now I know we have a blue staff. They deleted a whole bunch of comments concerning sjw's. So you were not the only one. But it could also be your offsite linking.

Meh, could just be the uncertainty of licenced material sold from Japan.
    (The links I shared were https, and would likely have been checked beforehand for knockoffs, unlike Amazon.)
    There was a comment that I didn't get to see, and I did have a "The Replacements" meme.
    Like so
    MV5BYTliNWM5ZDktNTc4Ni00YmFkLTk2MTEtOWQ2ZDJhYjBmMTRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgyODgxNjE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
    Get it? Because Funimation employees are old, and can be replaced by new talent?
    Not much else to it, other than Funimation published a few of the anime collaborations that Nexon pushed forward.
    It could've been done so Nexon wouldn't have been impacted by future collaborations based off how the community views Funimation.
    (Doesn't really matter, since a giant portion of funds goes straight to Japan in any case, regardless of publishers or licensing.)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 11, 2019
    Actually, that makes PERFECT sense. I'm going with that!

#istandwithvic :D

Anyway I wish there was some new news concerning this sale.
    Darkpixie99
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

(The links I shared were https, and would likely have been checked beforehand for knockoffs, unlike Amazon.)
    There was a comment that I didn't get to see, and I did have a "The Replacements" meme.
    Like so
    MV5BYTliNWM5ZDktNTc4Ni00YmFkLTk2MTEtOWQ2ZDJhYjBmMTRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgyODgxNjE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
    Get it? Because Funimation employees are old, and can be replaced by new talent?
    Not much else to it, other than Funimation published a few of the anime collaborations that Nexon pushed forward.
    It could've been done so Nexon wouldn't have been impacted by future collaborations based off how the community views Funimation.
    (Doesn't really matter, since a giant portion of funds goes straight to Japan in any case, regardless of publishers or licensing.)

Someone must have thought that you were soliciting for a third party in that thread. :D
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 11, 2019
    Someone must have thought that you were soliciting for a third party in that thread. :D

Well, they were linked with the bb code properly, and were completely secure sites, so I dunno.
    That could've been the case.
    It's strange, considering Nexon should know that Good Smile Company makes adorable Nendoroids like Nao:
    51LJQHEd%2B7L.jpg51168ac0f9e363905026bb8ed6425974.jpg
    (They were one of the links I suggested. All Vmods had to do was go in and delete what they didn't approve of being shared in my OP.)
    I assume promoting links from the direct seller/producer is usually seen as more savory than secondary sites, which would be either Crunchyroll or Funimation. (Or any other seller with a massive scale of multiple products. *cough* Like Amazon *cough*)
    It's rather ironic, because Nexon never sells Gachapon items directly. So why should they care about anime product sites?
    Mabinogi is an anime inspired game, after all. Just seems strange to me.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Like so

It's pretty coincidental though imo.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 11, 2019
    It's pretty coincidental though imo.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5096707

In other news...
    Something new, this way comes.
    220155042.png
    3414950.png
    (We will likely get this either after a new social update of the homesteads, or alongside it.)
    *Nexon KR implemented some sort of forum share update with this, we might not get it right away. (If at all)
    3711362.jpg
    Here's the homestead update we're waiting on, just a ranking system. Here's the full KR "Romantic Farm" guide.
    319104552.png319104857.png
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Alshian wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    *People beg for VIP Revamp, Server Merge, some other content that got lost in abyss years ago*

Nexon: Maybe...? We will think about it...

*Instead releases new gacha twice or even thrice every month*

Nexon: Now THIS IS what we are talking about!

Yeah, we've discussed why this Cash Shop Model is failing. (Five pages later, and we're back on topic XD)
    qy6wabksw6zz.jpg
    9e4743d1-cfcf-4038-90da-8be01f04c2dd.jpg

Your insight speak sound to all gamers.

And now everyone rejoices that Apex publishes a drop table.

Something that was common practice in mobile games for like 5 years.

Imagine that.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 13, 2019
    TNinja wrote: »
    And now everyone rejoices that Apex publishes a drop table.
    Something that was common practice in mobile games for like 5 years.
    Imagine that.
    It's the sad state of business, to be honest.
    The more you monopolize and make money, the more lawyers will profit off the money that they're paid to scrutinize anything companies do which could be considered illegal.
    animated-balance-weigh-scales-2.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1

CarefreeDeepCooter-size_restricted.gif
    *If you can't access the Nexon KR Webpage, it's because they're doing another sitewide maintenance.
    I always halfway panic on those, since the "Pick Your Region" section bugs out big time.
    Here is their message, for anyone interested.
    Google Translated:
    Game services are not available during check-in hours.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
    We will do our best to provide more stable service.

home page Thursday, March 14, 2019, 04:00 - 07:00
    A formal server Regular check (game check: from 04:00 am to 11:00 am (7 hours))
    Test server Regular check (game check: from 04:00 am to 11:00 am (7 hours))
    Reason for inspection Please understand that we are preparing for more convenient service.
    We will do our best to keep the scheduled inspection schedule. ^ - ^
    (However, the inspection schedule may change inevitably depending on the situation.)

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 19, 2019
    1000% do NOT want Tencent to win the bid.

Skip to 3:33 and you will see why. I already did not want Tencent to win because well, communist China, nuff said. I already expressed concerns that if this company dipped their hands into Nexon it would mean NA's end. They will shut us down and shut us out if they appropriate Nexon.

At this point we are better off with ANY OTHER COMPANY than Tencent. Hell even EA or Disney. oof.
    Darkpixie99
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited March 20, 2019
    I hope Mabi will still be here. I don't want this game to go away ;-;

I wish I could see the future sometimes, to know whether something will happen.

I wonder if they gave us Doki as a Swan Song ;_;
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Nah they always intended to give us the new doki doki at some point during this year. Some events and content is released at different schedules here. What other servers get is not necessarily going to be released in chronological order for us.
    WolfandWolfDarkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 21, 2019

Nah they always intended to give us the new doki doki at some point during this year. Some events and content is released at different schedules here. What other servers get is not necessarily going to be released in chronological order for us.

Yeah, with the new items, it was practically a guaranteed event release.
    I wouldn't worry about the stock values of Mabinogi causing a shutdown just yet.
    We have yet to see how the auction winners handle the new loot box regulations after Belgium spoke up.
    (New/stricter Board, and Shareholders who will actually pester them to start making profits off change consumers like.)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Has anyone heard anything new yet? It's getting hard to find newer articles.
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    looks like bidding will start in april, more news will probably flow from there.
    Darkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    tenor.gif?itemid=5445762