Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Save up your nx~

NicheeNichee
Mabinogi Rep: 915
edited January 23, 2017 in Item/Premium Shop
I came across "William Partner Card", along with its partner box and etc. Plus KR already has it.

prepare yourself, ladies
SylviaWolfeFoxiee

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Everyone knew that KR had it. I'm expected it to be nerfed like every other partner we got except Meryl/Laighlinne
    SylviaWolfeCrimsọnTheNyanCatDarkpixie99
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    edited January 23, 2017
    I'm excited for it (he was my fave ghost brother) but yeah we did know about it
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    edited January 23, 2017
    @Hinotama - How were they nerfed if I may ask? Commerce Partner doesn't seem to be in that regard(she has intermediate magic and can obtain rank 1 skills), and Laighline's stats seem to be nerfed /heavily/(I guess music makes up for it?) compared to Maid/Butler/Commerce partner.
    I know Maid/Butler lack in the intermediate skills (ice spear butler, fireball maid), but.. Please elaborate?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 23, 2017
    did you know that digging through the data files is illegal and they warned about talking about what you find in there quite awhile ago? His commerce outfit is in the dressing room... that alone is clue enough without openly admitting on the forums that you dug through the files :P

The outfit apparently comes with a commerce enhancement effect. I wonder what exactly it does... if anyone has info on that from KR server I would be glad to learn
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited January 23, 2017
    @Arjune I wouldn't go as far as to call it illegal. It's against the rules, but legal flag words like that don't apply. Also, I found it in the in-game partner creation menu, so it doesn't exactly mean datamining was done (even though OP's wording HEAVILY IMPLIES THAT and they shouldn't do that in the future).

Proof: http://i.imgur.com/GiW98Vk.jpg
    I look forward to seeing mini-mes all over the place. William shares my name and intellectual/manipulative personality, I swear someone at Nexon just stared at me and just decided to name the NPC after me.
    -cough @Daraeus be stalking me cough-
    Daktaro
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 23, 2017
    Oh my. Let's see if this little guy will be useful enough to buy xD
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 23, 2017
    sorry I didn't mean illegal like real life laws illegal :P lol... I chose the wrong word

@buffalos I think it would be awesome if nexon held contests before they add new updates and named some of the non-important NPCs after players :D that would be really fun. as long as the name sounded like a normal name.... don't really wanna talk to an npc in game named kiritofan12
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    So William got reincarnated somehow? O_o
  • ArjuneArjune
    Leinei
    Leinei said:

So William got reincarnated somehow? O_o
    basically he's a cash grab partner from an ingame event just like laighlinne. I dunno if it means he's reincarnated or if it's just his past self before he died. I would not be surprised if they make a partner of the girl in the memento thing too
    Crimsọn
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    edited January 23, 2017
    I really didn't think googling is illegal. I found this info googling -removed-
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    @Nichee You didn't specify that you used google.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 23, 2017
    it's just because you said you found it in the game's files with no other context. if you had said you found it by searching google then it isn't as bad, but you're actually still not supposed to talk about datamined info on these forums even if someone else did the datamining
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 23, 2017
    Well I have each one of the partners. Might as well keep going. >_>;

As for data mining, technically the same thing would apply when visiting KR's site and posting about all the new stuff (I LOVE posting about all the new stuff here). Back in the old days they used to get annoyed when we would do that because there was no way of telling if we would get all of KR's content (due to language barriers), people would become impatient and upset. But now in these days it's something the staff and the community can look forward to because now we WILL eventually get it - and much faster than we did before!

Basically it gives us a heads up on the future content, and that aspect is what continually drives this community.

Remember when new animes or episodes would take more than 5 years to reach us? That is no longer the case is it? Communication and more logical and expansive business ethics are a capitalization in this day and age. Businesses who don't utilize these resources are doomed to fail or severely miss out on tons of profit.

^_^

(I was a banker for 7 years, now I deliver your mail. huzzah).
    PeloiHelsa
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited January 23, 2017
    You guys can actually go from the character screen, select New Partner and see that William is listed. So he's already coded into the game as Buffalos has revealed. =D
    GretaCrimsọn
  • CreekCreek
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited January 24, 2017
    There is a "William Preppy Commerce Outfit" in the dressing room as well~ A site i use says it has commerce boosting effects, meaning it can have the commerce reforges used on it. It is entirely all races, all genders and all ages.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Can I customize him not to look like William?
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    edited January 24, 2017
    cool.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited January 24, 2017
    @XeekTheMighty It appears you can fully customize him during partner creation. The default appear you are given when creating him has him looking like the NPC William, but you can make him look to your tastes just like any other partner. Fun fact: he starts with an NPC coupon locked hair style that you can't normally get.

http://i.imgur.com/1OSJur1.jpg
    Oh that's the wrong link, http://i.imgur.com/BVcsBcT.jpg
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    @Buffalos

Thanks! Now I am more interested.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    What is the point of altering William??? Triggered.
    Helsa