Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Return to Doki Doki Island!

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in Vault
It's time to celebrate the 11th Anniversary with the return of Doki Doki Island! There's new rewards, featuring the Candy Pop sets for each race and gender, and a new, romantic way to fly around Doki Doki's gorgeous beaches. Check out the full details below!

00Iqw-0dc8dd16-b6fd-4d7e-8879-c41cbc3a6eb5.jpg

Event Dates: Thursday, March 14, After Maintenance - Thursday, April 11, Before Maintenance

cfkfjfjdsksdf1.png

The Newcomer’s Guide to Doki Doki Island
Feel your toes sink into the warm sand as you step foot on Doki Doki Island. This secluded paradise boasts beautiful scenery and beach parties that rage all day, all night... all the time.

The Guide Quest
A Guide Quest is given to all players so long as this special seasonal event is active. Your travel agent is none other than Caravan Joe, located in Dunbarton. Speak to him about arranging a journey to Doki Doki Island.

When you disembark, you'll find a Matchmaker waiting to welcome you to Doki Doki.

As part of the Guide Quest, she can register your Matchmaking profile. Doki Doki is an experience best suited to couples, so find yourself a Soulmate and get your heart beating! Already have a partner in mind? Just right-click and “Select Soulmate” on anyone on the island.

Finish your Guide Quest and earn your very first Doki Doki Celebration Box by talking to Wenger the Caretaker – he knows how to get you home.
txfAFzk.png

The Soulmate System
Matchmakers all over Doki Doki Island are ready and willing to set you up with the Milletian of your dreams! Existing couples can skip the formalities, but singles are advised to set up a profile. If you're not one for online dating, there’s nothing stopping you from meeting that special someone on your lonesome! You can proposition any unclaimed player regardless of race or gender.

You can break up with your Soulmate at any time, just remember that if you do, you’ll lose all the Romantic Points you’ve built up with that player and will have to start all over again.

Romantic Points
They say love can’t be measured… except on Doki Doki Island! By enjoying all of what Doki Doki has to offer, you’ll accrue Romantic Points.

PJoTqZR.png

The more points you accrue, the more you’ll fall in love with your partner, as indicated by the likeability meter. 100 Romantic Points = 1%

Earn enough points and you’ll earn the greatest gift of all…

TRUE LOVE.

Oh, and the power of Flight.

Couples Flight – Fly with the Power of Love!
If you want love to lift you up off your feet, you’ll need to reach 20% likeability with your partner, though your new abilities will be confined to the island. You’ll be pretty in love… but you know – not really in love.

If you want to see the entirety of mainland Erinn from amongst the clouds, you and your Soulmate will need to achieve 100% likeability.

• Flight - the ability to fly anywhere on Doki Doki Island.
  • Couples Flight - the ability to fly anywhere in Erinn where flying is permitted.
  • Sweethearts Flight - Fly around Erinn with your partner, embracing them as you do so. Obtained with Cat's Paw from Mansur.
  • *NEW* Moonlight Couples Flight - Fly around Erinn with your partner, embracing them as you do so. Obtained with Cat's Paw from Mansur.

Once you’ve activated any of the above actions, you’ll have the ability to Fly, Fly Together and Sweethearts Flight with your partner.
    cfkfjfjdsksdf4.png

Getting to Know the Island
    Doki Doki is a beautiful place, and simple to navigate once you’ve memorized all the major landmarks.
    cfkfjfjdsksdf2.png

The Harmony Torch
    An ancient, mystical torch in the center of Doki Doki’s Town Square is the hub of the island's activity. Celebrate the Harmony Torch by lighting a fire of your own! Building a campfire and resting nearby will award EXP every 5 seconds.

Starting to feel a little intoxicated? Spend too much time resting at the Torch and you’ll get a tingling Lovey Dovey feeling…
    eY2hljl.png

This special buff will last for 30 minutes, beginning the moment you stop resting.

The Depths of the Heart Test
    Psychology Students can be found throughout Doki Doki, studying the effects of love and romance on volunteer test subjects. Show one how well you know your Soulmate by taking the Depths of the Heart Test.

You’ll be asked a random question, and if you and your match answer simultaneously and prove you’re in-sync, you’ll win a Doki Doki Celebration Box and advance 1% on your likeability meter.

This special test is only available once per day.

Fun & Games
    There’s no end to the amount of fun you can find on Doki Doki Island. Take a little time off from your daily routine to play mini games and win a variety of Romantic Rewards…

The Doki Doki Dance Party is an opportunity to strut your stuff for all the Town Square to see. Match the steps in order and on-time to execute strong, effective dance moves. If you and your Soulmate score 50 points or above you'll both earn 40 Romantic Points!

To start dancing, you’ll need a Boom Box. Speak to Wenger the Caretaker to learn more.

What makes a party more interesting than a scavenger hunt for a Suspicious Box? Find the Suspicious Box on Doki Doki Island for a chance to receive something special, like Kiwis! The locals report seeing this box appear every 5-6 minutes (real time). Investigate these boxes, but remember you can only receive the treasure inside 18 times per real life day! Green Kiwis that pop-out of the box will drop Cat's Paws.

Additionally, a secluded concert section on the south side of Doki Doki Island hosts a special Stage, as well as a few familiar celebrities…

Grab your bandmates and rent out this awesome amphitheater for anywhere between 5 to 30 minutes. You won't take home any points or boxes, but Starlet will be the first to tell you: the joy of performing is its own reward.

Helping Out & Kicking Back
    Games are all well and good, but this island doesn’t sustain itself. If you’re planning on spending any amount of time here, ask Wenger about how you can give back to the community and lend a helping hand.

Daily Quests: Fishing, Cooking, and Metallurgy
    Doki Doki's old caretaker sure has his hands full catering for all the guests. How about helping out a little in return for some Cat's Paws?

Prefer to get your hands dirty? If you've got a Metallurgy Sieve, you could find all sorts of treasures buried in the sands, including Cat's Paw.

Daily Quests: Natural Dyes
    Want to make your own dyes with organic ingredients? Register a main character at the Natural Dye Helper near the Festival Market in Doki Doki. She will let you play a fun mini-game allowing you to add blue berries, cherries, and herbs to create your own dye! Dyes are based in RGB form for the mini-game.

Once the dye is made you can click on the Dye Ampoule or Metal Dye Ampoule icon in the bottom right hand corner to convert the left-overs into a new dye. You can only choose one though! Take the Natural Dye Ampoule to one of the sheets located around Doki Doki Island to dye it a new color for some Cat's Paws!

Cat's Paw
    Their unique shimmer makes night the best time to find them, but they’re easily missed with the hot sun beating down on the sand.

Rumors abound that they’re most prevalent in the Southeast corner of the island…

Take these to Mansur the Jewel Collector, who hangs out beside Wenger. He’s crazy for these little gems, and he’s got some very rare items he’s willing to trade if you collect enough…

RQCc2hj.png

...and more!

Among the most prized of Mansur’s possessions is the Moonlight Couples Flight Coupon, which will award you the power of flight. But this time, Mansur's items also includes a new Candy Pop set, and a set of wedding outfits for each race and gender!

00Iqw-1ee4845f-cee8-45bf-9da6-55d71da422a2.jpg

Check out the full details here.
NilremOroshisama

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I can fish again!
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    edited March 14, 2019
    I can fish again!

Potato digging time!!! :D

I had a question actually, looking at the stuff for getting flight, if I already have sweetheart's flight do I have to worry about finding a partner to get the other, or can I just relax and gather snap?
    Kensamaofmari
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    I can fish again!

I had a question actually, looking at the stuff for getting flight, if I already have sweetheart's flight do I have to worry about finding a partner to get the other, or can I just relax and gather snap?

Good question.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    LF> Consolation prize after saving up my cat's eyes for THREE years. I'm over the lost $, but even a 10:1 ratio of conversion into the new cat's paws would be appreciated...
    Kensamaofmari
  • NkeonaNkeona
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,515
    I can fish again!

You can get the other flights via the Cat's Paw Exchange Shop. The new one, Moonlight couples flight, is only available through the paw shop.
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerWolfandWolf
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Are the Pink and Blue Heart Wings permanent or expiring?

I remember from past Doki Doki Island events, that they were expiring then (at least the direct-purchase ones were), but is that different now?
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    No Lunar Dragon stuff again... :c
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    where can you fish pink starfish i mean i afking fishing for hours and yet none at all....
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    edited March 14, 2019
    Yo Nexon, just how "rare" is this pink starfish? I've been at it for several hours now with a bunch of other people and not one of us has managed to catch one. Mind you I'm rank 1 fishing with the ice fisher 2nd title, so I'm rarely failing at auto fishing. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was a hoax.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Miliardo wrote: »
    Yo Nexon, just how "rare" is this pink starfish? I've been at it for several hours now with a bunch of other people and not one of us has managed to catch one. Mind you I'm rank 1 fishing with the ice fisher 2nd title, so I'm rarely failing at auto fishing. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was a hoax.

I too would like to know this. I have been fishing for hours myself and haven't caught a single starfish.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Harukari wrote: »

I too would like to know this. I have been fishing for hours myself and haven't caught a single starfish.

I managed to find one in a stack of 300 bait, with 100% auto-fishing success rate, but that sounds like it was lucky, if y'all had been fishing for hours and hadn't found one...

It's a 2x2 stacking fish at least.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    10668697_746745788693895_7066333974281414573_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-2.fna&oh=08e18030bd84c3bf88c75beff332603c&oe=5D0D057D

not that it matters, but i still have this image from the doki doki screenshot contest.... me and this guy are still the best of friends
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    FBI open up!

As for the pink starfish i managed to fish out 2 of them so far in a day.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Alshian wrote: »
    FBI open up!

As for the pink starfish i managed to fish out 2 of them so far in a day.

Luckyyyyyyy xD
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    aFRCcAG.png
    hmmmmmmm
    Darkpixie99Crimsọn
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    aFRCcAG.png
    hmmmmmmm

Holy crowsfoot which server is that??? I've seen them no higher than a mil!
    aFRCcAG.png
    hmmmmmmm

One that serves sellers well it seems.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    aFRCcAG.png
    hmmmmmmm

One that serves sellers well it seems.

Or has some DARN rich people!
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    That would be Tarlach
    That would be Tarlach

Yea, there are rich people out thar.