Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Doki Doki is just another AFK fish event. Great!

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Shhhhhhh... This is a thread about Greta's opinions, where ours do not matter. ;)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 15, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Everyone: Bring back Doki Doki!
    Nexon: Brings back Doki Doki
    Everyone: Ugh Doki Doki sucks

They can't win. Smh guys. Next to nothing has changed in this event and y'all acting brand new. They even gave us a neat way to get whatever dyes we want.

I guess i'm not everyone. I was against Doki Doki coming back. I was saying no even few months ago.

Also, can someone explain me how this Dye Event work? Is it also one time per day or more? I only collected random ingredients in the mini-game, used dye on hanging cloth and that's pretty much all. Didn't get any dyes at all.

You are not everyone, You are Greta and only Greta. :)

If only everyone else was Greta. Then the world couldn't be any more beautiful.

If everyone else were Bliss, this world would burn in puns.
    Thanks for insults though. Proud of this community. All i did was share my thoughs about this new crappy task. I also totally forgot that this event can be spammed with alts on same account.
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Everyone: Bring back Doki Doki!
    Nexon: Brings back Doki Doki
    Everyone: Ugh Doki Doki sucks

They can't win. Smh guys. Next to nothing has changed in this event and y'all acting brand new. They even gave us a neat way to get whatever dyes we want.

I guess i'm not everyone. I was against Doki Doki coming back. I was saying no even few months ago.

Also, can someone explain me how this Dye Event work? Is it also one time per day or more? I only collected random ingredients in the mini-game, used dye on hanging cloth and that's pretty much all. Didn't get any dyes at all.

You are not everyone, You are Greta and only Greta. :)

If only everyone else was Greta. Then the world couldn't be any more beautiful.

If everyone else were Bliss, this world would burn in puns.
    Thanks for insults though. Proud of this community. All i did was share my thoughs about this new crappy task. I also totally forgot that this event can be spammed with alts on same account.

I still prefer them to do more with the island and just add it on the map somewhere. It would be the new Dunbarton/Belvast. Of course events could have more planning, there can always be more planning, better planning in things.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    The worst thing about the starfish is that it is a 2x2 item, and not 1x1. Seriously Nexon? How big do you think Starfishes are?!
  • GretaGreta
    The worst thing about the starfish is that it is a 2x2 item, and not 1x1. Seriously Nexon? How big do you think Starfishes are?!

I'm clueless how big starfish can be. Never seen one in my life. The fake or dried ones doesn't count lol.
    Helsa

I'm clueless how big starfish can be. Never seen one in my life. The fake or dried ones doesn't count lol.

To be fair, a chair can occupy a 2x2 space as well, up to and including a coffin. However, given the sizes of capelin, mussels, clams, and similar ingredients, I would have thought 1x1 to be most likely.

The issue here is that many things can fit into a 2x2 space, which means that the amout of items that could automatically fill up those slots combined with its rarity, means that one cannot simply just organize their inventory to block out certain items. Which makes this far less AFK and more...tedious.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

There are awfully big ones out there and some that are very tiny.
    But what they did here is replace the name of star candy and called them starfish. Do they have sizes? I haven't started much of the event yet.
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Yeah the starfish are the worst part of this event. The rarity is complete BS
    WolfsingerGretaBlissfulkill
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Well I am loving the hell out of the custom dye game. Yeah it's a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it you can create some really awesome custom hues and shades! WE NEED THIS GAME AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR AND I WILL PESTER PESTER PESTER TO HAVE THIS GAME RETURN.

RAWRRRRRR!!!!
    AlshianIyasenu
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    i dont get the dye game at all.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Gaea wrote: »
    Well I am loving the hell out of the custom dye game. Yeah it's a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it you can create some really awesome custom hues and shades! WE NEED THIS GAME AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR AND I WILL PESTER PESTER PESTER TO HAVE THIS GAME RETURN.

RAWRRRRRR!!!!

SAME RAWR!!!!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 16, 2019
    Harukari wrote: »
    i dont get the dye game at all.

Yeah I was like that at first too but then I noticed the spacebar. If you times that by 10x you'll see a dramatic color change. I use that in the beginning and then towards the end lower the multiplier to fine tune the color selections. I've made close to blacks, whites, BEAUTIFUL blood reds, ext. Just mess around with it a bit more and use that spacebar multiplier tool! You'll start to understand how it works with practice.

I am going to replicate the 84, 4, 4 reds from the Talvish dye pack as close as possible. I should have quite a few dyes stockpiled for my own personal use. This event should be CRASHING the dye market, but it's not right now because people are confused lol.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS EVENT! FREE DYES OF MY CHOOSING!! BEST EVENT EVERRRRR!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Here's a little video that shows how it works. (Turn on closed captioning).

Be careful! If you go over 0 or 255 you will fail! But that's ok because you can keep trying! :)

You can finalize a single dye once a day and turn it into a real dye amp! This means with some patience you can stockpile some colors that are very close to what you like. So far I am pretty happy with the reds I have created.
    HarukariAlshianGreta
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Ohh! Thanks, I understand now :D
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I made my perfect shade of purples I've been so picky about for my armor and chains, I've never been so happy about color till this event. Maybe next time Nexon should make an item dye or metal dye with a color wheel with color data beside it to create and finalize true color of OUR choosing.

As well as a preview of our character wearing the outfit we are dyeing with chosen color, Item color is not enough for us to tell if its THE RIGHT COLOR of choosing.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    edited March 16, 2019
    so far i loved the new gen and its events. but apart from that. most free events give cruddy gifts. this event comes with really nice outfits, 3 flight coupons, wings, and then some sappy fillers that to me is "ok" vs most events were you get a "character select, limited 1 rare item takes u 3 weeks+ to get free event"

and for the event you still have to do the gathering just like before, and the gathering so tiresome..... im glad some of its afking for once.(and i consider the pink star fish a bonus than anything) can you imagine all those afkers trying to gather silvervines from the one farm plot all day from the 7 channels we have?

i do wish it came with a boss trial update.... but seeing how they killed all the cat formors and turn them into tokens, were just gonna have to sulk.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Dye event as permanent content.
    Yay or Nay?
    THICCthighssavelivesNuallanHelsa
    Dye minigame is literally the best thing right now.

THICCthighssavelives
  • GretaGreta
    Just got 2 Pink Starfishes after 90 pulls. I'm not complaining, like hell yeah give me more.
    Helsa
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    I'm only interested in the outfit now, would of tried for the couples flight since I didn't do doki doki back when I started this account in 2016. Not anymore since they restricted the use of couples flight during regular raids, although that dye game seems really compelling with what you can possible get...
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515

The carasek bag already breaks the laws of physics so there is enough space for a starfish, that thing is god tier compared with Mary Poppins magic bag.