Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Should Fighter skill be buffed?

Comments

• VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited July 25, 2018
    The cooldown need to be offset by a third set of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd chain move at this point, or be shortened in endgame overall. I'd argue alchemy could use perhaps a DPS boost, given how slow Flameburst is, and Watercannon being rather impotent.

While I agree with Zeph that shouldn't be a consideration of just DPS, fighter is laughably weak with a lack of AOEs and its high single target damage paling in comparison with Bash, Final Hit, Magnum Shot, Chain Impale, Firebolt spam, etc....

I can use the set reasonably well in Elite, and it is better than I expected as an elf with just 800 Will. What I noticed most is the cooldowns being of great inconvenience, and think that fighter needs to be high rewards, high risk if we are going to have resets be so long.

The bugs seemed fixed, and I began using it after I read a patch note detailings fixes regarding such, if I recall.

mostly this, I don't think fighter needs AOE because when it first came out its whole thing was that it was a 1v1 talent but now its a bit on the slow side when compared to other single target dps. ( though with erg 50 I think fighter dps could compete with bash)
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Well right now, it's juse use once and forget it for about 10 minutes.

Much like music skills.

Unlike other sets like Melee or archers, which is someone's MAIN equipment.
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,760
    edited July 25, 2018
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »
    Sweet breath of Nao, look at those knuckle stats lol.

If you can get to 50 with that for the chain damage and cd, that would be insane. Nexon desperately needs to help some of us with breaking 30 though. Some of the more in meta things arent getting a lot from erg that I can see, but for things like alch, fighter, puppetry, and guns I feel like its literally a lifeboat.

I just can't wrap my head around why they added the patterns for all other erg lvl 30 to the raids, but did not make the ones in game drop from it as well, considering they are only located in areas which are UNGODLY hard to find passes for.

It would be nice for an AOE stun attack, maybe something like a meter that fills.

I have literally prepped 95% of everything else for erg. Including a sigged bah F, and Celtic Step6 knuckle.. Im a bit.. Sad and ticked off lol..
  • ArbiterArbiter
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    edited August 9, 2018
    My fighter skills do a lot of damage, but that is because I invested pretty heavily into them. Even then, it's not comparable to the dual-stat skillsets for clear speed (even though it is for damage), and it doesn't come remotely close to Chains which are ridiculously overtuned and can do literally any/everything.

This is NOT to say fighter is useless. It is still completely functional. If you have a good grasp on the game and haven't forgotten how to juggle multi-aggro in your years of FB/Kunai Storm/L-rod spamming, it still does its job. For giants, it does the job well, just not the best.

Charging strike still gives I-frames, Tumble is still useful for repositioning or noping out of auto-defense procs, Pummel does a ton of damage and locks down movable bosses. Focus Fist also does a lot of damage, Spinning Fist has lost none of its debuff utility and Somersault Kick is at least still useful for damage.

My complaints:
    Since Close Combat rework, Smash with a blunt weapon has a comparable daze rate to Somersault Kick, and does not require a chain-1 skill to activate. Smash is also spammable on a 0s CD, making SK lose its utility.

Bash, without the investment, is straight up better for single target damage and is on a 0s CD.

Drop Kick doesn't intercept normal attacks like Pummel/Charging Strike/Spinning Uppercut, and is very easily cancelable by normal enemies. Crits are also calculated separately, which most other AoE damage skills now no longer have to worry about, making it more lackluster for AoE damage.

Focus Fist still routinely misses if your target moves slightly out of alignment or if it isn't 100% ctrl targeted or directly in front of your character.

Respite is an antidote potion with a worse chance of actually curing your poison.

The animation for Somersault Kick is slow and long. In PVP (which fighter excels it) the animation is so long that an opponent can load counter in-between hits. Of all the skills, SK and Respite need the most attention.

If Nexon wanted fighter to be competitive, in my humble opinion, all they would have to do is add another stat to improve its scaling and buff respite's numbers. It is fine for Fighter to maintain the single-target/pvp niche, as it is still a lot of fun to use and viable with investment, but it won't be competitively viable without changes.

Dex + Will. There's no other Dex + Will skillset, it works relatively well for Humans, Giants, and Elves, and it'd increase the damage range to something more workable. Make Respite do more than 100 hp/stam. Why hotkey it when you can just press H and/or K? The poison heal is nice, but c'mon.

Also they'd have to be careful about Erg, if they cared at all. Even now, the erg for Knuckles seems like it could be absurd.

Source: someone who is Dan 3/master title all Fighter and trained each skill the the old, awful, grindy way.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Arbiter wrote: »
    My fighter skills do a lot of damage, but that is because I invested pretty heavily into them. Even then, it's not comparable to the dual-stat skillsets for clear speed (even though it is for damage), and it doesn't come remotely close to Chains which are ridiculously overtuned and can do literally any/everything.

This is NOT to say fighter is useless. It is still completely functional. If you have a good grasp on the game and haven't forgotten how to juggle multi-aggro in your years of FB/Kunai Storm/L-rod spamming, it still does its job. For giants, it does the job well, just not the best.

Charging strike still gives I-frames, Tumble is still useful for repositioning or noping out of auto-defense procs, Pummel does a ton of damage and locks down movable bosses. Focus Fist also does a lot of damage, Spinning Fist has lost none of its debuff utility and Somersault Kick is at least still useful for damage.

My complaints:
    Since Close Combat rework, Smash with a blunt weapon has a comparable daze rate to Somersault Kick, and does not require a chain-1 skill to activate. Smash is also spammable on a 0s CD, making SK lose its utility.

Bash, without the investment, is straight up better for single target damage and is on a 0s CD.

Drop Kick doesn't intercept normal attacks like Pummel/Charging Strike/Spinning Uppercut, and is very easily cancelable by normal enemies. Crits are also calculated separately, which most other AoE damage skills now no longer have to worry about, making it more lackluster for AoE damage.

Focus Fist still routinely misses if your target moves slightly out of alignment or if it isn't 100% ctrl targeted or directly in front of your character.

Respite is an antidote potion with a worse chance of actually curing your poison.

The animation for Somersault Kick is slow and long. In PVP (which fighter excels it) the animation is so long that an opponent can load counter in-between hits. Of all the skills, SK and Respite need the most attention.

If Nexon wanted fighter to be competitive, in my humble opinion, all they would have to do is add another stat to improve its scaling and buff respite's numbers. It is fine for Fighter to maintain the single-target/pvp niche, as it is still a lot of fun to use and viable with investment, but it won't be competitively viable without changes.

Dex + Will. There's no other Dex + Will skillset, it works relatively well for Humans, Giants, and Elves, and it'd increase the damage range to something more workable. Make Respite do more than 100 hp/stam. Why hotkey it when you can just press H and/or K? The poison heal is nice, but c'mon.

Also they'd have to be careful about Erg, if they cared at all. Even now, the erg for Knuckles seems like it could be absurd.

Source: someone who is Dan 3/master title all Fighter and trained each skill the the old, awful, grindy way.

A lot of people keep mentioning erg 50 as if it's something that you'll get easily. I'm erg 30 right now, and around 80m into it, and from there on the ranks get much much more expensive.

I do think fighter needs some QoL buffs though.
  • ArbiterArbiter
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

My complaints:

A lot of people keep mentioning erg 50 as if it's something that you'll get easily. I'm erg 30 right now, and around 80m into it, and from there on the ranks get much much more expensive.

If it wasn't apparent, I also think it needs QoL buffs. Also no one said Erg is easy to do, I said it was powerful. I'm stuck on 20 uncap because I don't want to pay the 30mil for a milky way guitar.
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,760
    edited August 9, 2018

My complaints:

If it wasn't apparent, I also think it needs QoL buffs. Also no one said Erg is easy to do, I said it was powerful. I'm stuck on 20 uncap because I don't want to pay the 30mil for a milky way guitar.
    I wish it were that simple for me and my erg weapon.. As I mentioned before, I cant even get my sewing pattern for lvl 30, that almost 90% of the other class weapons can get from 1-2 minutes of Tagar, and turtle raids at about 70-80% drop rate. Money is obtainable for everyone, albeit grindy sometimes. My breakthrough is simply broken because who gives a crud about fighter. -_-

(Nexon decided to use an old pattern for knuckle breakthrough and leave its only supposed drop location in Guardian of Parth. HM, which passes are already HELLA hard to come by)
  • LinisterLinister
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    edited August 9, 2018
    Defense could be made more meaningful if used by Fighters? Less cooldown and huge damage resistance?
    I'm torn about AoE, would be great from a balance vs other talents perspective but kind of cookie cutters the combat talents just different animations. Maybe a multi-strike like shooting rush though with start and end movement kind of fits the talent.
    And yes kind of disappointed in Respite, long cooldown, low reward
    And the stamina use is brutal.
    I'm nowhere near end game so this is just my 2 cents, Fighter is fun, but if I'm soloing a dungeon or SM I do have to rely on 2nd combat talent as backup more often than I'd like Except Zombies... I could punch zombies for hours...
  • ArbiterArbiter
    edited August 9, 2018
    Tatsugi wrote: »

My complaints:

I wish it were that simple for me and my erg weapon.. As I mentioned before, I cant even get my sewing pattern for lvl 30, that almost 90% of the other class weapons can get from 1-2 minutes of Tagar, and turtle raids at about 70-80% drop rate. Money is obtainable for everyone, albeit grindy sometimes. My breakthrough is simply broken because who gives a crud about fighter. -_-

(Nexon decided to use an old pattern for knuckle breakthrough and leave its only supposed drop location in Guardian of Parth. HM, which passes are already HELLA hard to come by)

If you are Erging Knuckles, I am also Erging Knuckles, so our requirements are exactly the same. It is exactly as difficult, if not more, for me if you are on Alexina. I am on Ruairi so less population + no one wants to farm Math Music so the parts aren't even readily accessible if I did have the gold (which I don't). On Ruairi each instrument string is 12 mil, the Song Stardust is 8mil, the boards are 5-10k each. To buy, if you can find the pieces on AH, it's a minimum of 30mil without any premiums added to the cost (the exclusivity mainly). I'm also not casually sitting on step 6 celtic knuckles to spare.

If you are on Ruairi/other low pop server, our struggle is the same.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Tatsugi wrote: »

My complaints:

If you are Erging Knuckles, I am also Erging Knuckles, so our requirements are exactly the same. It is exactly as difficult, if not more, for me if you are on Alexina. I am on Ruairi so less population + no one wants to farm Math Music so the parts aren't even readily accessible if I did have the gold (which I don't). On Ruairi each instrument string is 12 mil, the Song Stardust is 8mil, the boards are 5-10k each. To buy, if you can find the pieces on AH, it's a minimum of 30mil without any premiums added to the cost (the exclusivity mainly). I'm also not casually sitting on step 6 celtic knuckles to spare.

If you are on Ruairi/other low pop server, our struggle is the same.

I payed 15m for song dust on alexina after running musical math almost 70 times
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Fighter is that ones skill that requires reforges to deal massive Dmg i can either deal 10-15k w/o crit for a full combo and 30k-50k+ with a full crit combo (if only crit applies to the skill rather then per hit set I.E pummel) (Max 20/ Min 12/ Beast trans min 15/ as a Giant) so buffing this skill can be a bit trickey when it comes to mulitpliers
  • ArbiterArbiter
    Neroy wrote: »
    Fighter is that ones skill that requires reforges to deal massive Dmg i can either deal 10-15k w/o crit for a full combo and 30k-50k+ with a full crit combo (if only crit applies to the skill rather then per hit set I.E pummel) (Max 20/ Min 12/ Beast trans min 15/ as a Giant) so buffing this skill can be a bit trickey when it comes to mulitpliers

It has to be done carefully, but it still needs the help. I can Drop Kick for 50k crit/10k noncrit, which sounds impressive on paper until you consider you have to ramp up to that damage with 2 other skills and then get lucky on the crit. Drop Kick also doesn't intercept normals like Pummel so you can easily get hit out of it and lose all that damage.

On the other hand you can just walk into a room and chain sweep everything for 2 10k hits easily with 0 effort and minimal investment. Or just chain impale for 20-50k. Fighter needs some serious reevaluation.
    Neroy
  • QnaugQnaug
    Mabinogi Rep: 495
    REDUCE COOLDOWN
    MAKE a 3rd COMBO CHAIN
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Qnaug wrote: »
    REDUCE COOLDOWN
    MAKE a 3rd COMBO CHAIN

STOP NECRO-BUMPING OLD THREADS.
    Draech