Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Return to Doki Doki Island!

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Why is nobody talking about the awful event design that is the Silvervine fruit collection. Tiny garden. Collect 30. For each player. For each day. What.
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    If you'd been to this event the previous 3 times you'd know to stock up on silvervine fruits day 1. On tarlach you can get away with channel hopping usually. I can only imagine how bad it is on Alexina though.

I'm realizing just how inflated tarlach is. 50k each for onion fried tuna dishes on AH.

Also day 3 I finally caught a damn starfish.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 17, 2019
    Miliardo wrote: »
    If you'd been to this event the previous 3 times you'd know to stock up on silvervine fruits day 1. On tarlach you can get away with channel hopping usually. I can only imagine how bad it is on Alexina though.

I'm realizing just how inflated tarlach is. 50k each for onion fried tuna dishes on AH.

Also day 3 I finally caught a damn starfish.

Dude, someone from Tarlach posted a screenshot of Pink Starfish being sold for 2-5m at AH. Meanwhile in Alexina it's 800k-1m since day 1. I'm honestly surprised since a lot of people accused Alexina for having biggest inflation and meanwhile claiming Tarlach and Ruairi being cheapest.
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Why is nobody talking about the awful event design that is the Silvervine fruit collection. Tiny garden. Collect 30. For each player. For each day. What.

I have complained about it years ago and multiple times. Some did too. This was one of reasons why i really didn't want for this event to come back. But now we have got Pink Starfish task. Try to get 6-8 of those every day. It's impossible. I afk fished yesterday for around 8 hours and managed to get like 5 of them. But i got like 10 characters. Pretty much i gave up on idea of farming all Silvervine Fruits and Pink Starfishes. I gather Potatoes for all my characters and then use some extra Salmon and Tuna dishes which i got from afk fishing. This event is literally 60% fishing, 30 % gathering and 10% are other less annoying activities.

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

I've actually had no major issues with it, even with stocking up for multiple people and giving some away, but then having survived this event previously I've kinda picked up a pattern I've been following so....
    I actually kinda like it, its a bit annoying having a small field but I personally don't think its really that bad. Could be better but it could easily be worse too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Congrats on the starfish, by the by
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited March 17, 2019
    If you'd been to this event the previous 3 times you'd know to stock up on silvervine fruits day 1.
    Everybody does that on day 1. And everyday after that. And many of us aren't around the second maintenance ends because of work/school.
    On tarlach you can get away with channel hopping usually. I can only imagine how bad it is on Alexina though.
    Sounds like not many people play on Tarlach (I wonder why I left). In Alexina, there are people in Dunbarton square. I prefer a lively server over the no-competition in an empty server in an MMO. I just wish they had a bigger field or even a homestead item (the regenerating kind like a hs chopping block, not a hs sheep or hs wheat field) than a measly 12 gathering points per channel.
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    I'm pretty disappointed that the idle animation of Moonlight Couples Flight is the exact same as Sweetheart's for a couple that's both female. Is the dance animation when you're flying in a straight line the only difference for all gender mixes?
    Noriaki
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 17, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Complete list of event gamble box items, or I question why we need 400 gems for one ticket with minimum 12 per day.
    I call Nexon rigging hacks.
    *Edit* Green Kiwi drops might be bugged, someone was complaining earlier about how they're not entirely bound to the priority system.
    Can't confirm if it's true or not.

What do you mean "minimum 12 per day"?
    Did you mean maximum?
    Though that wouldn't be quite true either, as your other characters can complete the quests for Cat's Paws as well.
    So since every account should have at least 6~8 characters, that's a lot more potential Cat's Paws per day, since you can put Cat's Paws in your bank and trade them through the account that way.

I meant that for those stuck with eternal shop syndrome, or who don't have all day to play around on alt characters.
    It's not an entirely fair event to allow alt abuse.
    Greta
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Complete list of event gamble box items, or I question why we need 400 gems for one ticket with minimum 12 per day.
    I call Nexon rigging hacks.
    *Edit* Green Kiwi drops might be bugged, someone was complaining earlier about how they're not entirely bound to the priority system.
    Can't confirm if it's true or not.

What do you mean "minimum 12 per day"?
    Did you mean maximum?
    Though that wouldn't be quite true either, as your other characters can complete the quests for Cat's Paws as well.
    So since every account should have at least 6~8 characters, that's a lot more potential Cat's Paws per day, since you can put Cat's Paws in your bank and trade them through the account that way.

I meant that for those stuck with eternal shop syndrome, or who don't have all day to play around on alt characters.
    It's not an entirely fair event to allow alt abuse.

Frankly I prefer THIS kind of alt abuse, compared to the kind of event where people use alternate accounts to pad their reward count.
    This on the other hand isn't even abuse, it's just... "use".
    DraechOroshisama
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Neko dungeon...
  • MoroaicaMoroaica
    Mabinogi Rep: 805
    If anyone is planning on getting the pet whistles, please share how much inventory space they have. I'm really curious!
    Thanks.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Not wasting my time on more junk pets.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Does anyone know if you can still use the Cherry Blossom title after the event? I know it won't have stats afterwards, but you'll still get the animation right? Or will it disappear permanently?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Does anyone know if you can still use the Cherry Blossom title after the event? I know it won't have stats afterwards, but you'll still get the animation right? Or will it disappear permanently?

I think its just the stats you lose, not the animation.
    WolfandWolf
  • NoriakiNoriaki
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Sorath wrote: »
    I'm pretty disappointed that the idle animation of Moonlight Couples Flight is the exact same as Sweetheart's for a couple that's both female. Is the dance animation when you're flying in a straight line the only difference for all gender mixes?

I tested it with my friend as fem/fem and fem/male, it's the same as sweetheart's besides the red/blue trail so far. I'm like 90% sure it's a bug but if it's not I want my cat paws back.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Noriaki wrote: »

I tested it with my friend as fem/fem and fem/male, it's the same as sweetheart's besides the red/blue trail so far. I'm like 90% sure it's a bug but if it's not I want my cat paws back.

Whoa are you serious?
    D:

I'm not sure it's worth me trying to get then....Is the animation different at all then, or is it just the idle?
  • LepeltjeLepeltje
    Mabinogi Rep: 895
    Noriaki wrote: »

Whoa are you serious?
    D:

I'm not sure it's worth me trying to get then....Is the animation different at all then, or is it just the idle?

The actual flying animation is different, it just takes a little while for it to start up.
    WolfandWolf
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Greta wrote:
    Dude, someone from Tarlach posted a screenshot of Pink Starfish being sold for 2-5m at AH. Meanwhile in Alexina it's 800k-1m since day 1. I'm honestly surprised since a lot of people accused Alexina for having biggest inflation and meanwhile claiming Tarlach and Ruairi being cheapest.

Just because it's listed at that price doesn't mean it sells for that.... We have someone(s) on our server who lists items for stupid prices.... no one actually buys em at those prices.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Ktty wrote: »
    Greta wrote:

Just because it's listed at that price doesn't mean it sells for that.... We have someone(s) on our server who lists items for stupid prices.... no one actually buys em at those prices.

Sometimes when I'm bored I like to go to the AH and look up the price of dead bees.
    WolfandWolf
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    how about the forever alone animation for people who don't have someone to fly with? do they get a different animation as well?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Oh, do the kitties transform?