Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blast from the Past - Angel Wings

XiokunXiokun
Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
edited January 24, 2017 in General Chat
3 years ago (Roughly), Angel Wings were introduced in the Christmas gacha and only came in White, Black, and Red, and used to cost nearly 100m. I was a newbie when this was here.

Today it is in the Ecwea Orb, there are MULTIPLE versions of wings, (Even ones that are essentially recolors and hybrids of two), and the normal angel wings probably are below 30m right now, and may soon head into 10m.

Personally, in my world, EVERY angel wing would be 10m. Medium ones would be at most 8m, and Small ones would be 5m and under. But how does that make you feel? How times changed.
  1. Your Reaction?79 votes
    1. I feel cheated.
       9% (7 votes)
    2. About time it was in Ecwea Orb
       19% (15 votes)
    3. I feel old.
       19% (15 votes)
    4. I don't really care.
       28% (22 votes)
    5. I'm sick and tired of angel wings, gimme some buffalo wings dog gone it. >:U
       25% (20 votes)

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    I'm olllld!!!
    [Deleted User]
  • Guy who loves RiceGuy who loves Rice
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    -Breaks out walking stick.- Baaaaack in my day...
    Nah i'm just kidding. I am sure people can remember when hebonas were 10-15mil and lavacat robes were 50k each. It dosen't supprise me that old items are being brought back. Some things will always be exclusive though; least until the nexonpapabless drops in.
    No complaints here c:
    Darkpixie99[Deleted User]
  • MichiMichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,845
    Hey Xiokun :D LOL Honestly I agree that wing prices should go down... I mean I paid a lot for the ones that I have but I feel like it would be nice for everyone in general to have nice wings. It really sucks when a newer player in game want wings but they find out is like 30m and they cant afford it unless they sell reforges etc (anything nx related)... XD I mean most wings tend to be 10m and under now except for like Dominion wings, Astro wings, some ego wings, b/w angel wings... yea I think that's about it I'm pretty sure.. :)
    Xiokun[Deleted User]
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Since there're many other wings and way newer ones, it's not that bad that the older ones start becoming more common and their price go down. It's a good chance for not-so-rich people to get them ^^''
    Greta[Deleted User]
  • MichiMichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,845
    @Miuna I agree with you :) It's good that prices go down so that other people can obtain them as well.
    MiunaGreta[Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    I paid 25m for my white angel wings. -sniff-
    [Deleted User]
  • XiokunXiokun
    @Gaea I paid 35m. There's someone reading this right now who paid 100m.

There's someone here tempted to post that they got angel wings as a gift or on the first try on the gacha just to get everyone rustled up....

I see you. >_> YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THESE EYES, USER!
    Crimsọn[Deleted User]
  • MySkyFallsMySkyFalls
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    They've been replaced by Dominions :thinking:
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I got some wings from that gacha but never wore them because they clash with my fabulous Miku twintails

[Deleted User]
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    thats a lot of salt lol, btw that wings never worth 100m, 30 at most. only a few wings worth almost 100m right now and that is because there was a movement some years ago where some players increse its value by using false advertising, they focus mostly on incubus wings, that things went from 10m to around 80m on a few days, some people fell on that trick and the price still stay the same.
    [Deleted User]
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited January 24, 2017
    I paid I think 35-40m for my black angel wings on Tarlach server.
    And about.. 25m for my white angel wings on Ruairi server.

I'm not really mad about it honestly. I'm just happy I even had a chance to get them. ^^
    [Deleted User]
  • CinnabunCinnabun
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,740
    I'm kind of glad that all these wings are in the gacha at a decent rate now (based on my experience) but at the same time i feel conflicted as how black angels are so cheap now compared to the 55m i had to pay for mine....
    [Deleted User]
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    edited January 25, 2017
    DCdeus said:

thats a lot of salt lol, btw that wings never worth 100m, 30 at most. only a few wings worth almost 100m right now and that is because there was a movement some years ago where some players increse its value by using false advertising, they focus mostly on incubus wings, that things went from 10m to around 80m on a few days, some people fell on that trick and the price still stay the same.

Pretty sure someone bought incu wings for 100m ish on rua
    [Deleted User]
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    This really doesn't bother me, it's just the nature of the market. When an item comes out, everyone wants it because it's new and shiny. And because it was in a limited time gacha, you're paying for the rarity as much as you are for the item itself. If someone spends 25, 35, or 100 mil on an item it's because they wanted it and deemed the market price for it worth it. And they've since had potentially years to enjoy the wings while they were still more rare, so it doesn't feel like that big of a deal personally. I also think the price of wings in general has gone down because there's so many more to choose from now, that people can be more picky than just "I have wings now!". But as a buyer, I'm all for lower priced wings to add to my collection.
    [Deleted User]
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    I've always been of the mindset that scarcity for virtual items is dumb. My feeling is that more people would buy gacha, and more often, if they felt they actually had a decent chance at getting the item(s) they want, not having a less than 1% chance.

That being said, I'm pretty happy with my Violet Angel Wings and White Cupid Wings. Only other pair of wings I'd really want are Black Angel Wings, because of Morrighan/Champion.

The most I've ever paid for a single item was 50m (plus 200 HW) for an Advanced Succubus Dress back when they were first introduced. After seeing how they were subsequently re-introduced to gacha (and the "value" dropping significantly), I vowed to never spend so much on a single item, no matter how "rare" it is, or how crummy the economy gets.
  • WorstnoobeverzWorstnoobeverz
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Hardmuscle

That said, and irregardless of player influenced inflation or value determined by what a buyer is willing to pay, nothing (literally nothing) in this game is worth that much gold. I know people will for sure criticize what I said here today and I expect it, however, none of that criticism will change the facts as they are. Mark my words.

Well, there many items that easily worth 30M+ such as Languhiris, Bhafel and Reforged gears. Unless you want to sell them for less than 30M, I'll be happy to buy it.

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 25, 2017
    Yeah i don't understand why people do such things with overpricing stuff that are only good for looks. Back when Holy Guardian and Fallen Angel wings got released, i really wanted Holy Guardian Angel wings and was willing to pay 10-12m for it. One guy noted me that he got both wings, but he said that Holy Guardian Angel wings are worth of around 16m and Fallen ones are for around 14m gold. I gave up and tried to buy his Fallen Angel wings for 12m gold + pure white dye, but he said thats not enough. Then i offered him like 20 blue upgrade stones. He asked for more. I offered him around 58 blue upgrade stones and he STILL wasn't satisfied. I offered him whole Lance Feather set and then he finally got satisfied with my offer. He literally ripped me off, with that amount of items i gave with + 12m gold i could have gotten that Holy Guardian Angel wings from anyone else... I realized that after few days or so. I'm still mad at myself for wanting a nice pixel for too much and had fallen for that players stupid "scam". Should have waited while they got cheaper or found another player who isn't that greedy to rip me off like that.
    Helsa
  • XiokunXiokun
    If I had it my way, angel wings could be free for everyone. "Free" as in no money involved, but if you reached a very high level in Mabinogi that you've worked for. They'd be something you could toggle on and off, but could have on your back forever in any color you'd like.
    Greta
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited January 25, 2017
    "If there is one thing I learned from Mabinogi, it is to save your gold. I am going to die laughing at all of the folks who blew 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 100 million gold on wings, when they start popping out of a Gachapon (or by some other means) like hotcakes one day. Everything that ever held a value for long, came to this point eventually. Literally everything."
    - Hardmuscle

Response:

While I'd normally agree that once-rare items eventually become pseudo-common, something tells me your theory is technically disproven - in that it can't always be true - simply by the nature of the never-to-be-seen-again Yui. As such the Market for Yui is probably never leaving the 20-30m range she's currently in (if not eventually becoming worse with time), and - ergo - your theory is impossible to be correct as you've currently stated it.

- Virtually everything? Easily.
    - All known wings? Probably (unless we one-day get cross-over wings).
    - Literally everything? Demonstrably false.
  • MeyMey
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    I'm waiting for the day when I can find Pink Cupid wings. ; w;