Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Do people have no manners during training?

Comments

• NothankyouNothankyou
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Why not try fillia underground ant hell or vales caves, those are perfect places to train with no lag, similar cp mobs. plus u might get lucky an get some keys just sayin... :)
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    @Nothankyou You're got a point. Actually, there are ooooooooooddles of places in Iria that not a soul ever touches that you could go if people get really rude.

I like to help people train actually when I pass by. Sometimes if I see someone training guns or ninja I'll just enthrall them closer to them or just lullaby or buff. Heck maybe even stay a while and talk because I know training can be tiresome and I got nothing better to do so.. :P (You'd be surprise how fun it can be chilling with someone training just talking about whatever!)
    Greta
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    What I don't get is how salty a lot of people got and how the op pointed out that no one was on topic with this thread.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 24, 2017
    @Hinotama That's because op is clearly too stubborn to listen others suggestions and probably too lazy to just go in and try forgotten places like Iria or some SM's to train skills there with no interruptions, drama, trolling etc. Geez, if op really likes to destroy raccoons then just cc, if they can't do that - come back later. If op still can't deal with other players keep interrupting their training there or if they experience huge lag and such... Then it's their own problem that they can't train better in other places, because this is open world and fields are not some kind of territory you can take over and have it all for themselves. Sorry if i said something offensive here, but that's just what i started to think too after i saw few other players pointing this out.
    Helsa
  • AbsintheAbsinthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    I’d be in the “nah” category. I mean, if you want to CC, go for it.

Conflict over resources is a natural phenomenon in MMOs. Competition, collaboration, compromise, avoidance, and accommodation are all common ways normal human beings handle conflict. Expecting others to accommodate you is not.

And why first come, first served? Why not stack (last come, first serve)? Why not sharing (wow … that’s new)? Why not shortest job first? Why not remaining time first? Etc

It is difficult to sympathize with positions that are entirely self-serving.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I never claimed the raccoons as my own, I'm just upset by people training there as well that don't respect my own space, because the area isn't so small. I know what is the most efficient place FOR ME, and the only suggestions that I never heard of is the one in Filia.

I'm so done with this thread.
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    edited January 24, 2017
    I feel like most of this thread kind of missed the point. Yeah there's other places to train, but someone who was there originally shouldn't have to move just because whoever showed up felt too entitled to care that someone was already training. Plus, someone could have a 2x potion active, so moving or CCing would use up the time unnecessarily. It's a matter of being polite and realizing other players are actually players and not NPCs.

And I just took screenshots of each of the main areas recommended. None of the Iria spawn locations are anywhere near as ideal as the raccoons or foxes in Tir. Ciar is decent with the spawn, but the Iria ones all spawn over way too large of an area. Where in the logging camp you just kill kill kill because everything spawns back on top of you nearly instantly, there's such a large space that otherwise you spend a lot of time running around just to find stuff to kill, and it's harder to find stuff rounded up well enough to train AOE skills like shooting rush. And yeah, there's enthralling. But not everyone has that and it shouldn't have to come to using it and wasting the time while a 2x potion may be active or something. All because people have no respect for anyone but themselves.

Here are the screenshots, taken on Ch. 1 of Ruairi.

Tir:
    http://imgur.com/NJ72iOl

Logging Camp: (Btw the person in the pic with me was running around me, the newcomer, and killing raccoons to show this was their training area, which I think is well within their rights to do so because if I started killing stuff, I'd be intruding and be in the wrong.)
    http://imgur.com/I5csuE3

Filia:
    http://imgur.com/HcQiHag

Physis: (Literally 4 dingos, and I've never seen much more than that)
    http://imgur.com/Kz9TnlR

Qilla:
    http://imgur.com/0voAxJL

Ciar:
    http://imgur.com/Vx3tO1h
    IyasenuKroene
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 24, 2017
    Well i clearly had fennec foxes in Fillia spawn on me many times and there is a lot too. People also recommended Ant Pit, i noticed that every time you kill few monsters there, the spawn numbers increases. The only bad thing is that monsters in there usually multi aggro you. I think best option is shadow missions. At least for me.
    [Deleted User]Helsa
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Yea fennec foxes work really well.
    [Deleted User]
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    @mintiel I get what you're saying. It's rude to hog all the foxes and it's rude to kill them all, too. Finding a compromise would be great!... in a perfect world. Unfortunately these days talking out an agreement isn't really something people do for things like this. People just leave. I mean, Tir does have a tiny amount of foxes. Compromises usually happen with me in the Raccoon place in Dungald Isle.

Me: Hey, can you let me meteor these raccoons and you can have the rest for 15 minutes before I do it again?
    Them: Sure! :3 *patiently waits for me to drop my meteor then WoTG + grapple shots the rest of the time*

I mean most of the time if people get all huffy puffy, let em have a chill pill and be by themselves. :P We need to spread out more anyway and stop wasting all that beautiful space in Iria! :3 Or SM's.
    mintiel[Deleted User]
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    edited January 24, 2017
    there's a difference taking a screenshot of an empty area with the mobs than if there's someone there actively killing them. when you start killing them more spawn, and they spawn in different places the more you kill. for example if you continue killing in the north they start spawning more grouped in the south etc.
    i've seen it right in front of my eyes with the fennec foxes and also in mission points event killing bats in ant hell - started with like 2 bats in a room and then they multiplied the more i killed them.

i'll admit i compared raccoons to fennec foxes just the other day and the raccoons do spawn closer together to start with but once you get into training it's not too different. they both aggro the same and to get them to crowd around you, all you have to do is run around - don't even have to hit them. raccoons can be better for group req like shooting rush etc but for everything else do notttt neeeeed raccoons. and anyone with enthralling definitely does not need raccoons. and everyone should seriously consider to get enthralling if they don't have it cuz it's a highly CP dependent skill and useful for training > 3 >

i agree it's rude to try and take over someone's training area if they were there first but i don't think it's out of line to expect to share the area - it's open world you don't own it. you either need to deal with other players presence or move somewhere else. if it means you have less mobs to kill by sharing well that's just how it is. if the other person is rude and won't share that sucks but you can't force them. if it means you both or even more than 2 people are fighting to kill the mobs before each other does, that's just how it is as well.

in my opinion the only times it's different is if someone has obviously set up a farm and someone else wrecks it on purpose, or if someone is trying to harvest the big rocks in shyllien or hillwen and some other person comes in and meteors or something to mess up aggro. but even then it's still open world and they don't own the area so can't really feel entitled to it.
    hmm.. you could possibly be entitled though if you're like loading a sakura abyss with mobs clearly inside the circle and someone else comes in and AOEs them all first. that's obvious kill stealing and a (censored) move = v =

semi-related when i was a newbie and exploring in iria for clay flute from the treasure chests with L rods, i found a chest with the mob spawn. there were a group of stronger players nearby waiting for a dragon or something. when my chest appeared one of those players immediately ran over gunned down the mobs picked up the key and took the chest right in front of me before i could realise what was happening and then laughed about it to his friends. i remember that guy by name ever since and will never forget him >_> still see him around now and then too.
    Gretamintiel[Deleted User]
  • RurusisRurusis
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Carlize
    Carlize said:

Here are the screenshots, taken on Ch. 1 of Ruairi.
    Are you even trying

Dingoes, really? That's not even the correct training area. All it shows it that YOU don't know where the training grounds are.

As mentioned already, more mobs spawn when you actually train in the area. It's 2017, the game is like 9 years old, how can you not know this already? You're taking pics of an inactive training ground and claiming it's like that all the time. Trying to mislead people because you have no argument?

Why is no one pointing out that a large area is BETTER for training in this scenario because you can actually share the training area with other people instead of begging them to CC and then whining on the forums when they don't?

Fennec Foxes: http://imgur.com/ucfw0pH

Mongooses: http://imgur.com/kIpbUNs

Physis foxes: http://imgur.com/LnJZu8T

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/BKcLm
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    I've always used Basic sulfur spider shadow mission to train my skills especially puppet and gunner skills. People shouldn't expect other people to just listen to them just because they're annoyed that other people are doing the exact same thing they're doing to train their skills. It's a mmo not a rpg.
    mintiel
  • KroeneKroene
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    edited January 25, 2017
    @Rurusis

None of those three pictures show a higher mob density than Logging Camp.

Solea caves have density on par with Logging Camp, but a lot of the monsters there will attack you. Which disrupts your training. Which is why mobs that don't attack you (ie Raccoons) are preferred for the majority of combat skills. I'm guessing you didn't take that into account? Not sure why.
    There are very few rooms in Solea that have the White Spiderling + ___ Cave Bat combination. As far as I know, nobody has actually mapped the specific mob spawns for each room, so you would have to locate this room yourself.
    Oh, and you also have to GO THROUGH THE CAVES to get to those rooms. Not a hindrance at all. Practically the same as warping to Logging Camp moongate (This is sarcasm, if you haven't noticed already).

Larger areas are worse for training because larger area = larger spawn area. The chance that a monster will spawn in a distant (ie unfavorable) location increases as the spawn area increases. Simple math. This is a non-issue at Logging Camp because the spawn area is so small.

Lastly, I have no clue why people keep bringing up FOXES as a good training mob. It makes me wonder if they have actually tried training with raccoons. Foxes have an annoying "circling" aggro pattern, and if you walk towards them they will move AWAY from you 90% of the time. Raccoons shift position occasionally but are much less mobile than foxes. Stationary targets are much easier to deal with than mobile targets (go figure). It would probably take a beginner only a few minutes to realize that raccoons are much more convenient for training. You guys have been playing the game for years and still haven't noticed this? Really peculiar.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    I think the helping part of the conversation is gone and everyone is just arguing now. Can this thread be closed down now?
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    @Mabi6
    Just to clarify it: Mabinogi is an MMORPG.
  • KroeneKroene
    @Hinotama

I'm find it odd that you would suggest this now.

Since the beginning of this thread, people have been bashing OP for his/her choice of training at raccoons. Some of them have suggested other (objectively worse) locations, which is fine and dandy, but kind of useless since OP has clearly stated that he/she is willing to just CC to an empty channel. And a lot of these people aren't even talking about the actual point of OP's thread, which is the lack of basic MMORPG etiquette he/she has experienced when it comes to competing over resources.

So people have been off-topic since the beginning of this discussion, but now is the time to close it?
    Greta[Deleted User]
  • HinotamaHinotama
    @Kroene

I didn't pay too much attention to this before and after seeing what you said along with how long this has been going on, it should have been closed way before now.

• KroeneKroene
    @Hinotama

Why close the thread because people are off-topic? That's unfair to those who actually want to discuss the original subject, which I still see happening.

Almost every thread in these forums gets derailed to some degree. No need to single this one out.
    [Deleted User]Greta
  • GretaGreta
    This thread should not have appeared in the first place anyway, since it was obvious it will bring arguments with it. I don't understand how op thought that this will be a good idea to complain about it here. Posting won't help you get rid of problem with mean players.
    [Deleted User]Helsa
This discussion has been closed.