Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Sabina's Concert Bash

SabinaSabina
Mabinogi Rep: 7,700
edited January 25, 2017 in Vault
Hello Milletians!

I would love to hold a concert now that we have the awesome changes from MusicQ! If you would like to join, please share the IGN and server of you and the rest of your band, along with the song you will be playing. There will be a 4 minute time limit so we are able to get through all the people who enter. Entries will end on Monday, January 30th @12 PM Pacific and the following time slots for each server can be found below:

-FESTIA STAGE-
Tuesday, January 31st - Alexina ch. 3 @5 PM Pacific
Wednesday, February 1st - Ruairi ch. 3 @5 PM Pacific
Thursday, February 2nd - Mari ch. 3 @5 PM Pacific
Friday, February 3rd - Tarlach ch. 3 @5 PM Pacific

There will be NX giveaways for the top bands! 1- 3 top bands each server, depending on the turn out :D

Thank you! Can't wait to see you all there!
NkeonaVOIDOFDATE

Comments

• MarianthiMarianthi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    is this for jam or free style?
  • MizalieMizalie
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    I'm down with the clown. Time to get the trio going again.

Mizalie / Fayekaiba / Surrept
    Mari
  • EmikochanEmikochan
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    YAY ANOTHER CONCERT I LOVED THE ONE AT MABILAND!!!

Band Members-
    Emikochan
    Kilayu
    Arakujitsu & His music partner
    Akesari
    Kitimyuzu

Song- Nanbaka Opening!

Server- Ruairi
    Bravelatiosdobleswor
  • SabinaSabina
    edited January 24, 2017
    Please use the FREESTYLE JAM for your performance. I typed HAM at first and was very tempted to keep it that way lol

LF art of freestyle ham...
    BerryswirlIzzyKuroNeko
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Fun question, but since you want us to be using Jam Band Sessions is there going to be a Pitch Perfect effect granted to band members to prevent tuning failures? I have no clue how large I want to make my piece, and the last time I entered a music contest with a 3-person-jam I spent 30 minutes trying to get my song to tune correctly.
  • SabinaSabina
    There will not be anything added to players by me.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Well any jam session over 5 players without Tuners is going to be on the stage for a very long time unless GMs loan out Tuners. Hopefully the crew I get together will all have Tuners. . .
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    @Buffalos

You could have someone de-rank their musical knowledge to F and if they have rank 1 composing they can compose the scrolls for the group so they'd be easier to play.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    That is so backwards how that works. :|
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Simple solution: Let people use freestyle jam instead
    Greta
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    @Zerukan I've done this with 8 player jams and there were still a large number of initial failures due to how Jam Sessions like to make it impossible to perfect play with larger groups. Unless that asinine system flaw was removed with Music Q, I don't think that'll work 100% perfectly (would still help a lot though).
  • SabinaSabina
    If Freestyle Jam will work best for everyone, I will change that from the rules.
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    As a Maestro, I can confirm that trying to jam even with rF scrolls when in a large party can feel absolutely impossible. Freestyle would alleviate the hassle of even just trying to determine IF you're out of tune, since there's sometimes that one instrument in the ensemble that sounds OK at first and then shrieks like an angry banshee.

If I can get some people together I would totally be willing to take part in this if freestyle was used instead!
    Tinysatanchan
  • SabinaSabina
    Alright, sounds good to me. I will change it to Freestyle instead!
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    If I don't mind asking Sabina, would it be possible to be able to choose between free style jam or the playing instrument way reason I am asking this is Because you want to make sure it both properly syncs plus everybody can actually play the start of their scrolls
  • SereynaSereyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    Just an FYI: The old jam mechanic was changed in the Music Q patch to make it so that you can't actually fail. It was one of the very first things I tested with my friends.

Assuming we'll be allowed to use the old jam, and not be restricted to just Freestyle Jam, I'd like to sign up for Alexina. If we absolutely HAVE to use Freestyle Jam, disregard this.

People participating: Myself(Sereyna), 5 other people (TBD, still hunting down people, but I guarantee we'll show up)
    Song: Duel of the Fates by John Williams
    Miuna
  • HeonaHeona
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    Is there a limit to the amount of people you can have in your band? Since with Freestyle Jam, you could have an unlimited amount of people playing all at once (although it'd be extremely laggy and everyone would crash).
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    edited January 25, 2017
    If anyone in Alexina is looking for extra bandmates, let me know - but yes, using the new jam party ( and starting the jam from there ) prevents mistakes, but I think the original action still operates the same - mistakes and all.

tldr: don't use the one from the actions menu.
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    @Sereyna I was suspecting that normal jams couldn't fail anymore but since people was all like "let us use free style or it'll take forever!!" I wasn't sure anymore xD Thanks for the info!! Now I know I wasn't imagining things :D
  • AbsintheAbsinthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    edited January 26, 2017
This discussion has been closed.