Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon Steam Connector isn't working

ImaizumiImaizumi
Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
in Technical Support
Been playing Mabinogi on Steam for at least 3 if not 4 or 5 years on Steam now. Was playing fine yesterday afternoon and early evening as well. 12-6pm EST. Then I tried opening the game late evening like 10pm EST and since then I haven't been able to get into the game because the Nexon Steam Connector never resolves.

Instead it sits there with lines of code I don't understand and nothing happens further. The game usually asks me permission to run and I allow it, but now it does not either.

Below is an image of what it looks like, and the spoiler is what the set of code I get is as one example since I'm not sure if it is different every time.

https://imgur.com/a/MtgdNDg
<!DOCTYPE html><html lang=en><head><meta charset=utf-8><title>Steam Connector</title><script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src='https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-PDR69XP');</script><link href=/steam-connector-web/static/css/app.164a3f080671a9b39b4425d8521b5757.css rel=stylesheet></head><body><div class=wrapper><div id=app></div></div><script type=text/javascript src=/steam-connector-web/static/js/manifest.e670b6430120aa8f83f1.js></script><script type=text/javascript src=/steam-connector-web/static/js/vendor.4b16941406789640ead7.js></script><script type=text/javascript src=/steam-connector-web/static/js/app.b306b9323f0374b73833.js></script></body></html>

I have already tried restarting my computer, verifying my game files through Steam, uninstalling and reinstalling through Steam, as well as setting 4 .exe files to run as admin in the Mabinogi folder.
The 4 .exe files are 'Mabinogi.exe' 'Client.exe' 'eTracer.aes.exe' 'eTracer.exe'

The things I did in between the last time I played Mabinogi were play LoL, L4D2, and perhaps bluescreen at one point due to a memory error. I don't recall if the bluescreen really happened or not since I get once a week at least.

Thank you for any replies and help.

Comments

• JoejonasJoejonas
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Oh my steam started doing this right after we got the recent beauty box. Repaired, reinstalled, tried it on my laptop instead of pc and still had no luck opening it. Just ended up using the nexon launcher since then and still haven’t found a way to connect yet either
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Joejonas wrote: »
    Oh my steam started doing this right after we got the recent beauty box. Repaired, reinstalled, tried it on my laptop instead of pc and still had no luck opening it. Just ended up using the nexon launcher since then and still haven’t found a way to connect yet either

I'm glad that you found an alternative, but I really shouldn't have to use the Nexon launcher when I've had no issues for like half a decade now. Seems like the customer support have no idea what's causing it either since they've mostly given me standard procedure esque sort of solutions like:
    Re-install, run as admin, restart PC, etc.

Makes me wonder if there's an issue with Steam itself, OR if there's just nobody who can actually troubleshoot this sort of stuff at their company.