Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Do people have no manners during training?

Comments

• AbsintheAbsinthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    I get the point. I just don’t agree.

The only one who seems to feel a sense of entitlement is the original poster. We are talking about public spaces, not personal spaces. Her belief that it is her personal space is false.

Her belief that she is entitled to control public spaces by virtue of first come first served is false. Nowhere does any agreement we’ve entered into grant her such entitlements. She is the very definition of self-entitled.

The first come first served argument is self-serving nonsense. Even if we accept the ridiculous proposal that queuing is the only polite and moral way to resolve such conflicts, there are other perfectly valid ways to schedule queues. Sharing is the most obvious since most of us learned basic sandbox etiquette as children. But like the last player could just as easily argue that precedence should go to them based on last come first served (stack). Someone who arrives last shouldn’t have to wait simply because whoever showed up first feels too entitled to care that someone else wants to train there too. It is just a matter of the OP being polite and realizing that they are players too and not NPCs and blah blah blah. These sorts of arguments just have no substance.

If self-entitlement and emotional pandering is all you have to stand on, then you have nothing,
    GretaShaelimintielDaktaro
  • KroeneKroene
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    @Greta

Any thread with a topic where opinions can potentially differ (ie most threads) will end up having arguments. Arguments are not inherently bad. They are a natural form of discourse that occurs when people have different viewpoints. We should only worry when the arguments become exceedingly nasty or off-topic, which is not the case in this thread.

Also, this is the General Chat section. As long as it's related to Mabinogi and follows the forum guidelines, OP can post whatever he/she wants here. If you think his/her thread is pointless or doesn't deserve attention, it would probably be in your best interest NOT to reply to it, since doing so will just bump it and help garner more publicity.

Regarding the thread itself, I think OP had a very legitimate reason to bring up this topic. I don't know about OP, but this general trend of indifference towards other people is a problem I never experienced in any other MMORPG. Even in other Nexon games like Maplestory, the majority of players I encountered had the consideration and respect to stay out of each other's way during training. What's happening in Mabinogi is atypical, and it definitely warrants a discussion.

At the very least, hopefully some players will see this thread and take care not to do something similar in the future. The people defending this rude behavior are not helping at all, however.
    Shaeli
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 25, 2017
    Well i never meet rude people in Mabinogi when i'm training or farming something, but i do find them in towns. They are probably bored and just want to annoy people around them. If i find them annoying and i really don't like that - i just cc, leave that place fast, ignore or tell them to bug off. One of these options will work. We tried to help op, since issues like these will never get 100% fixed in any game community, but op seemed to not like them, which caused arguments and disagreement really fast in this thread.
    Helsa
  • KroeneKroene
    edited January 25, 2017
    @Absinthe

"Her belief that she is entitled to control public spaces by virtue of first come first served is false. Nowhere does any agreement we’ve entered into grant her such entitlements. She is the very definition of self-entitled. The first come first served argument is self-serving nonsense."

The last time I checked, airports and other public places don't have rules that explicitly state, "People must form a line, first come first served." But people form lines, and people respect "first come first serve". Why? Because it's the polite thing to do. Your suggestion that OP is "entitled" for expecting a basic level of politeness is completely nonsensical.

Your sandbox argument would have merit if:
    - there was no empty CH for the newly-arrived to CC to
    - there was no penalty for CCing immediately after combat
    - two people sharing a channel was not disadvantageous for training
    All of which are not the case. When these newly-arrived players decide to take a portion of the map instead of CCing to an empty CH, they are inconveniencing both players by reducing the number of mobs between them. Mobs do not spawn 2x faster when 2 players around. If the player who was originally there decides to CC, he has to twiddle his thumbs for 30 seconds before the Logout Penalty expires. This is another inconvenience.

tl;dr Sharing is actually worse for both players in this situation because you get less mobs. Hence why we ask people to CC to a different channel. I don't ask people to CC when I'm training in the market channel, as I realize that people probably have shops open. But it happens all the time in non-market channels.
  • KroeneKroene
    edited January 25, 2017
    @Greta

You guys "tried to help" OP with disparaging remarks about his/her choice to train at Logging Camp. Suggesting other places would be fine, except these locations are irrelevant to the subject of the thread, and you guys are only mentioning them in order to trivialize OP's issue.

You basically came in here and said, "OP your problem is stupid because you can just train at __(objectively worse)__ place." This is a completely useless suggestion because OP clearly stated in the FIRST POST that he/she is willing to just CC to a different channel. And you wonder why he/she would get frustrated with these responses?
    KakiPi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 25, 2017
    It's funny how people even get lazy to move in games now. Is it really that hard to click and wait for a few more seconds for your character to reach that destination you want? This is just... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ridiculous, don't you think? Because OP stated that they like Logging Camp just because raccoons are really close to each other and don't ask for a lot of running. OP also said that they don't have Divine Link and Enthralling Performance. Maybe it's time to get these skills then...
    Helsa
  • KroeneKroene
    edited January 25, 2017
    @Greta

That would be a valid argument if you were only training for a few minutes. When you're grinding for hours, those few seconds of downtime between each monster make a huge difference.

Edit:
    As somebody who was forced to proceed chronologically from Gen 1 (I didn't have the luxury of being "placed" at the beginning of Gen 13 due to an event), I can tell you that finishing ~7.6 Generations is a massive pain in the ass. You are telling OP to "just get" Enthralling Performance, when the process takes LITERAL DAYS (it took me around 48 hours) to complete.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    @ Kroene
    Oh yeah good job at calling people ignorant for their comments plus complaining on most every post. That's not immature at all! :)
This discussion has been closed.