Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

the item prices in tarlach are so bad atm

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
edited April 10, 2019 in General Chat
7-10m for enchant protection
5m for a trade unlock
1m for a Fine Reforge
wth going on this needs to be fixed

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hmmm... Inflation? Or there could be a group of very wealthy players controlling the market.
    Bronzebreak
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Hmmm... Inflation? Or there could be a group of very wealthy players controlling the market.

From what I have heard, it's a group of wealthy dominating the markets over there.
    Melmii
  • GretaGreta

From what I have heard, it's a group of wealthy dominating the markets over there.

Yeah. Knew it. Wouldn't be surprised if they became wealthy from dirty sales.
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    It's the fault of someone offering a lot more for certain items, like the ones above, because they wanted to obtain everything FAST. And the effect of said person's actions will most likely linger for a while.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited April 10, 2019
    I hate to break it to you, but it's the same on Alexina (and I imagine every server); the AH is great for encouraging trade, but can also be 'fixed' very easily; a group of players can trade items amongst themselves for ridiculously higher prices, then quote that new 'average' price in the AH as precedence for trying to sell the same ware for much higher.

Likewise, prices are almost always going up over time; it's very rare to see someone NOT try and sell a 2m item for 2.5m+ once all other instances of it are purchased.

Edit: also, it can't be 'fixed' without continuing to be a laisseze-faire market; it's not entirely unrelated to why the 'Dead Bee' is 10k~100m, I'm sure...

Yeah. Knew it. Wouldn't be surprised if they became wealthy from dirty sales.

I think if game wealth was translated into real wealth, it would make all the world's billionaires blush.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Mari is the same.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Been like this in Alexina for a while now ┐( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)┌
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

I say a very small group is controlling the small market. :)
    BronzebreakWolfsinger
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    According to the wiki Tarlach is now the second biggest Server in NA.
    Time for inflation >.>
    unknown.png
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Time for inflation >.>
    unknown.png

Maybe traffic for that certain time it is?
  • GretaGreta
    Lmao Tarlach server being weird again. Their market server is still ch7.
    edited April 11, 2019
    Lmao Tarlach server being weird again. Their market server is still ch7.

Has there been a channel that has never been the market channel?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Time for inflation >.>
    unknown.png

I really don't think that thing is accurate.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Or there could be a group of very wealthy players controlling the market.

Exactly what is it. I used to be on Tarlach and I know exactly one of the people who control the market. They are not the only one obviously.
    Lol.
  • OfeliaOfelia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
    edited April 12, 2019
    This post is not meant to be a trollish, flamming or mean.

I hate to be that person but, the Miners guild did this in the past and no one cared.

Can I ask what changed ?
    Why do people care now ?

They went on record and said they would fix prices and crash the market if we ever got a AH
    I was there when UTG laughed at them and told them go right ahead.

I'm not hating on them at all ; I applaud them. Buying 57 bathrobes and another 47 robes the next day and fixing the price @ 750k~1m ea after buying them @ 300~450k ea ....... or buying and hording all the Crazy rich milletian heels and releasing them into gen pop when they feel like it.

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Ofelia wrote: »
    This post is not meant to be a trollish, flamming or mean.

I hate to be that person but, the Miners guild did this in the past and no one cared.

Can I ask what changed ?
    Why do people care now ?

They went on record and said they would fix prices and crash the market if we ever got a AH
    I was there when UTG laughed at them and told them go right ahead.

I'm not hating on them at all ; I applaud them. Buying 57 bathrobes and another 47 robes the next day and fixing the price @ 750k~1m ea after buying them @ 300~450k ea ....... or buying and hording all the Crazy rich milletian heels and releasing them into gen pop when they feel like it.

People are generally against being exploited, and are also generally powerless to stop it.
  • OfeliaOfelia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
    I see your point. However, we see this in real life also and until people wake up and say enough
    we're going to see this far into the future.

So repeat after me
    "all hail our corporate overlords"

IE Apple, Google, Amazon, Samsung, Microsoft and Etc.

I had to write a 40+ page in APA format for a final in corporate greed/waste (behavioral science)

take Iphones > one they where about 199 USD
    now > 1,449.00 USD

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Ofelia wrote: »
    I see your point. However, we see this in real life also and until people wake up and say enough
    we're going to see this far into the future.

So repeat after me
    "all hail our corporate overlords"

IE Apple, Google, Amazon, Samsung, Microsoft and Etc.

I had to write a 40+ page in APA format for a final in corporate greed/waste (behavioral science)

take Iphones > one they where about 199 USD
    now > 1,449.00 USD

Your choice as a consumer is pretty much limited to 'give them money, or don't.'

This isn't really a 'lack of action is allowing it to happen' situation; it's an unregulated market. If people stop giving money to the scalpers, they'll stop scalping.
    AlshianValkirye
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Just stop giving your monies and let it drop, giving monies only tempt them to rise >:3
    BronzebreakValkirye