Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Your most nostalgic/best memory of mabinogi

EvuuEvuu
Mabinogi Rep: 935
in General Chat
Since Mabinogi has been around for over a decade, I'm sure lots of you have some fond memories from way back when or so. So, veterans and newer players alike, what is your favorite memory made in Mabinogi?

Comments

• ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    My favorite memory is accidentally deleting all of my screenshots of memories because the support team suggested re-installing Steam to be able to play the game from Steam. Not salty at all even though it's my fault technically
    BronzebreakSheena
  • YummeiYummei
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    My favorite memory is when the personal shops were in just tir and dunby...
    courtneyyroseangel
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    My favorite memory was when mounts were first implemented into the game, and people would charge for taxi services cause moongates weren't always opened back then. Also, everyone lived in Ciar Dungeon like the hobos we are :D
    courtneyyImaizumiroseangel
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 13, 2019
    Yummei wrote: »
    My favorite memory is when the personal shops were in just tir and dunby...

Sigh...yes, I miss the good old days of setting up dye shops in Tir and hanging out there.
    Yummei
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 14, 2019
    My favorite memory was when i just started to play Mabinogi and suddenly met my future boyfriend just standing in Qilla Base Camp. We used to hang out in Mabinogi almost everyday, he teached me how to play this game and we eventually fell for each other and decided to meet irl. Now we are living together and thinking of finding a place for only us to live and get married too. <3
    BronzebreakvioletkittWolfsingerroseangelAlexisEUDANIarts
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I miss the times when Mabinogi had no Reforges. You would have an edge in combat without needing to spend moneys but now you NEED reforges for endgame.
    ImaizumiWolfsinger
  • TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    I remember when the Dragon Boat Racing was a thing, back when the events were fun and not all always afk events
    Yummei
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I remember when the Dragon Boat Racing was a thing, back when the events were fun and not all always afk events

They did bring back that event. But it died within a week...
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Oh gosh I don't even know....
    Might sound funny but some of my fondest memories of this game were hanging out with my two friends, the first of whom was a puppeteer and I was a weak bard, and he used to constantly try to get me to pvp him so he could knock my poor weak bard self around, and then I finally got strong enough to dish some pain back. And then there was my other friend, who liked to just run headfirst into every bandit she found back when they were still difficult to beat. Lore, she used to make me almost cry over how many times we got beat up during commerce runs, but its amazing how funny it is to think about now.
    She also liked to dump all her junk on me. I never did understand, but I always managed to sell it x3
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Oh man that reminds me. The best memories I had was Iria treasure hunt! Me and my friends would roam all over Iria and explore. You would meet new players this way when you chanced upon the same chest. Iria treasure hunt is my favorite nostalgia memory and I wish they would bring it back.
    BronzebreakWolfsinger
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    When Iria finally opened. I remember getting to Quilla via boat, rushing through the tutorial, and then jumping on my horse and just riding through the humongous, green expanse that is Rano for hours. For me it truly was exploring an exciting new continent. Then I got my first flying mount, a Flying Star broom, and more hours were spent just flying around, taking in the awesome views and making all kind of amazing discoveries. In some ways, I miss the old maps, before the lifting of Irinid's Curse re-shaped Physis and Connous. I like the ruins and crevices and giant skeletons we got now, but remembering those huge, empty, pristine expanses below the deep blue Erinn sky, nostalgia hits me with a sledgehammer.

Excuse me, got something in my eye.
    roseangel
  • roseangelroseangel
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    I was just thinking about this today! It might be a mundane memory but I remember chilling around Tir and seeing a bunch of people harvesting crops at sunset. It was so picturesque but wasn't really special at the time since I would see that all the time in Tir (this was before Iria @_@). But now it's something I think about often.
    I also remember when Iria first opened. It was so fun running into people even though everything was so vast and new. Ugh, feels ;;
    violetkitt
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited April 19, 2019
    G1-G3
    Played with the basic skill sets from back then.
    Doing 6 hour final missions with friends.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Pet revolver for an hour to kill Glas safely.
    Bronzebreak
  • ShadowtivaniShadowtivani
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    Sitting in Iria for weeks on end waiting for field bosses to sketch so i could unlock my giant transformation. I was only total level 17, it's quite sad that it's still my proudest achievement to date on Mabi xD
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited April 15, 2019
    Just being a noob, and exploring all the new places I had never been.
    When I only had one pet, so I walked most of the time, so I didn't run it's timer out.
    BronzebreakImaizumiWolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    A friend and I tried to 2-man Crumena (when it was actually hard) and the friend ended up bugged somehow and could not attack. I had given her tons and tons of phoenix feathers and was carrying a large amount myself. So this ended up with me trying to magnum Crumena repeatedly (this is before we had any reasonable way to increase aiming speed) and her throwing pheonix feathers at me to rez me when necessary. Eventually (like, 3 hours later) that stupid dragon went down!
    Wolfsinger
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    I miss back in the day when bears outside of Dunby were scary. Had a couple of friends teach me the rotation of defense/smash/counter that way. Needless to say, because I always wanted to dual wield I never used a shield as they told me. Haha I still remember how they tried scolding me over teamspeak. I didn't care though. I was having fun! Sooner or later I was strong enough to not die as often and smash like the best of em' to make up for it!
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    My best memory was when I got the red angel wings from the first gacha that had wings.
  • Jayy124Jayy124
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Summer of 2013. I believe it was the summer going into my 8th grade year. Sleepless nights, having fun with friends, enjoying life. Now I'm in college, never have time to play, all my friends quit, I pay bills, and life is just eh.