Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Your most nostalgic/best memory of mabinogi

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Hm? It's hard to pin point one thing.

- My first character, way back when, was an elf, and for weeks I never really went far from Filia. Then one day I decided to go out and explore the world. I remember the first time walking into Vales, I walked right past the guard like he wasn't even there. Since I wasn't using hide, he then killed me and I was like: what!?!?!?!

- When G5 and G6 were still active and I raised Cooking to rank 9 so I could feed the monkeys for Glowing Gargoyle statues and made my first millions.

- The very first time I won the jousting tournament in Tara felt amazing.

- The first times I soloed Maiz Prairie and Peaca felt good.

- The first time I rented a house and made tens of millions in a few weeks also felt good.

- Before they implemented continuous musical play, jamming in Dunby Square was fun.

Memories.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    When I finally was "rich" enough to buy my 2 first gladius swords and FULL Arish Ashuvain armor set qwq
    KensamaofmariShadowtivani
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    G1 Ciar Dungeon with my first group of friends before we joined guilds actually playing in different roles because we were all weak grinding to get stronger and selling are 10k dyes in tir ending the typical day with some Alby arena back when Tin’s dragon crest was the coolest thing I’d seen and rumors of mounts and giants the size of orges. Mabinogi had a feeling back then no other game has touched since and that’s what keeps me playing all these years later with hope to recreate that feeling.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Jayy124 wrote: »
    Sleepless nights, enjoying life.
    Now I'm in college, all my friends quit, I pay bills,

As a college student, I can tell you these things aren't mutually exclusive. :)
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    I'd have to say my favourite/fondest memory was being in a guild on Tarlach called(it's nickname since I can't 100% remember the full name of it - it was a long name lol) Civi.
    That memory, I had met a lot of good friends - some I still speak with while others - ties got cut. But it's still a good memory nonetheless.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Yeah that's how it usually goes till you become unemployed or something else stupid happens.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited April 21, 2019
    My good times, hmm ~ They died with my character :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    My good times, hmm ~ They died with my character :)

Were you the player that was complaining about being banned?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »

Yeah that's how it usually goes till you become unemployed or something else stupid happens.

Like I said long ago, once you finish High School, your life tutorial ends.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Bleep no! Life lessons do not end there.
    Bronzebreak
    edited April 23, 2019

Bleep no! Life lessons do not end there.

No, my point is difference. Life lessons don't end, and should never end. But no one is guaranteed to push/guide you anymore. Once you're 18, you're legally an adult and you have to start making your own decisions more and more. Of course, for some their life tutorial may end earlier or later, but usually once you're 18, that's where it ends and you are thrown out into the world to fend for yourself. It's up to yourself now to keep learning the lessons of life.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 24, 2019
    Sad fact: Schools are useless and their education system is broken. You finish school without learning basic things such as how to pay your taxes or things on how to survive in the society you live in. I'm pretty sure like 90% of young adults are confused af after they graduate.
    Bronzebreak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »
    Sad fact: Schools are useless and their education system is broken. You finish school without learning basic things such as how to pay your taxes or things on how to survive in the society you live in. I'm pretty sure like 90% of young adults are confused af after they graduate.

Yeah I remember having to teach myself all that crap.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Would be definitely more useful to learn than all the bull we've got now.
    My friend still trapped in the high school system has been telling me stories..... o.o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

My friend still trapped in the high school system has been telling me stories..... o.o

Yeah I heard that they are teaching complete nonsense these days compared to what they used to teach 10-20 years ago. Even my daughter is begging me to homeschool her.
  • WingWing
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,095
    Rebirthing every 3 weeks and getting to pick that dye, hoping that one of the 10 was a black or white dye. Spending 3 days in Tir graveyard picking up cobwebs cause it was fun...finding out that the game had more to do then pick up cobwebs spamming ciar dungeon and alby dungeon. Having my guild leader tell me I couldn't join on a G1 final because girl players were too weak. Finding that ably arena area and the darn range people standing in the middle area killing everyone the second they spawned with that darn capped lvl 6 range skill. The day they flubbed Paladin update and Paladins were almighty gods and could kill everything...npcs, chickens, other players no one was safe!
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Yeah I heard that they are teaching complete nonsense these days compared to what they used to teach 10-20 years ago. Even my daughter is begging me to homeschool her.

Frankly if you can pull it off I'd suggest it, though I know not everyone can manage what with work and life.
    But at least then you'd know they're actually LEARNING as opposed to......yeah.

Frankly if you can pull it off I'd suggest it, though I know not everyone can manage what with work and life.

Many education system have been rigged to focus on reaping money. They do teach you the shell of things. But it is up to an individual student to seek out learning the key basics to life. The current education path will turn future kids into robots and pets for the AI world.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Yeah I don't have the time or patience for it. rip.