Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

William: The Commerce Partner

SabinaSabina
Mabinogi Rep: 7,700
in Vault
The brainy brother from the Little Ghost Event is back! After pouring himself into his research, William's found his way back to Erinn and he's here to put his mathematical brilliance and calculating mind to task as Mabinogi's newest Commerce Partner and get Partner Trade Unlock Potions from his shop! If William's intense ways aren't your style, we also have the Maid, Butler and Laighleanne Mounts on sale for the next three weeks!

READ MORE - http://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/all/1/00J2p/william-the-commerce-partner

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 25, 2017
    if anyone tests to see if his outfit effect stacks with alpaca robe or is something completely different please let me know. at the moment I'm probably passing on it til he goes on sale :c

where is my giant wearable shylock costume.... these reforges expire in 25 days ;A;
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Heh so he found a way to ressurect himself and decided to leave all his brothers behind.

I think it's great that he sells Partner Trade Unlocks. That really solves the partner repair problem. I just wish that all partners had them in their shops too.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Too expensive... And also about Partner Trade Unlocks... It's only limited so... Too bad.
    KokoroPeloiSylviaWolfeSherri
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    It's the exact same price as with all the other partners when they were first released. If you don't want to spend a lot of nx this time, then just keep an eye out for any possible future discounted sales for him.
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    edited January 25, 2017
    So can we only buy the partner trade unlock potions during the time he's on sale or will they be in his shop permanently also is his shop different then normal commerce partners or does he have the same items same repairs etc as normal commerce partners ?
  • AsukiraAsukira
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    Can someone tell me how to use these partner trade potions from the william event shop? I want to extract his outfit but I cant gift or use the partner trade item
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 25, 2017
    I believe you need to take the item off him first so that it is in his inventory. otherwise it will say there is not item available for trading
  • AsukiraAsukira
    Ok, thank you very much. Also do you know what the commerce enhancement of williams outfit is? I cant seem to find what the enhancement gives
  • ArjuneArjune
    that's what I have been trying to find out since he was released. that and if it stacks with alpaca robe. I'm surprised they left one of the most important pieces of information off the post for him
  • AsukiraAsukira
    do you also know if I have to keep william summoned when trading in goods for the ducat bonus? or is it like the commerce transportation bonus where I only need him summoned when buying goods?
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Oh I had assumed that the partner trade unlocks would be in his shop permanently and missed the event dates. Well darn.
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    edited January 25, 2017
    I already have 4 partners I don't need anoth-

"Purchase up to 5 Partner Trade Unlock Potions (Event) per day from William, at 10,000 Gold each"

Dangit Nexon you really know how to tempt people! xD
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    But they expire within 24 hours and you can't trade them :c
  • MizumieMizumie
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    I bought him.
    You don't need to keep him summoned to get the bonus carry weight and slot, so hes like the commerce partner we're used to in that aspect
    His affinity isn't maxed of course, as I just got him, so I can't speak for much when it comes to his % ducat boost.

His outfit doesn't give any enhancements. It just says (commerce enhanced outfit) at the end of the description. I guess it means that we can give it 20 transport speed at r1, like the (G15) outfits.

Anyone have any other questions I might be able to help with? :O just let me know~
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    I kind of want him so I can take his glasses,but I don't really wanna drop 18 on him :V
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Little expensive hmm : |
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    I debated over picking him up and then finally decided to go ahead and do so since there's no guarantee I'll have the NX on hand when they bring him back again, even if it's at a discount. I'm actually happy I did, since I was able to get some items off my maid, butler, and commerce partner that they either no longer needed or were in desperate need of repair.

On top of that, those glasses. I'm beyond happy that my outfits with no idle animations will finally have one, since I'm always wearing glasses anyway! I'm legitimately tempted to see if I can buy another pair from someone for one of my other characters to wear. xD
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    he may be a bit expensive but he is much better then the old commerce partner in a few ways. William can increase the weight you can carry during commerce by 200 but the old commerce partner can only increase the weight by 100. also when the old commerce partner increases your speed you can't attack stuff but when William boosts your speed you can attack making humans much faster for shadow missions and dungeons. the glasses animation is nice for outfits with no action but it also cancels other outfit actions which is helpful if you dislike the astrologer outfit action and want the glasses action instead and those 10k partner trade pots are a nice bonus even if they are temporary. so far I am very happy with this partner and it good to know he is not just a lame copy of the old commerce partner ^^
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Hmm I want but imma probably wait for the discounted re-release...looks pretty excellent though :)
    Greta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited January 26, 2017
    Didn't know the glasses were the source of an idle animation. I may just steal them off of him. Maybe. I like him with glasses.
    As for William in general.. confusing on how he got back to our world and decided to be a merchant. Also he's so small..
    I already made a theory though..

He used some oogly boogly dark magic to traverse through universes and ended up in our dimension world thing.
    When you desummon him, he goes back to his world. (Also explains the minute cooldown partner/pet summon kind of).
    He is smart so he knows a lot about money, making him a good partner for commerce.
    Using the power of the paranormal, he can boost our speed. With ghost powers or something idk.
    As for us naming him? ..I have no idea. xP

EDIT:
    I have another theory!
    If we got Alfie as a pet and now William as a partner..
    Kyle and Colton confirmed?
    Please? ;_;
    If Kyle became a butler like partner.. I'd..
    /throws 20k NX at screen
    PL0X