Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding the April 24th Scheduled Maintenance

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited April 29, 2019 in Notices
UPDATE: The remaining issue with the Item Shop Inventory is now resolved. Thank you for your patience!

-The Mabinogi Team

The Mabinogi team provides an update about the April 24th scheduled maintenance to give more information about what has been happening behind the scenes.

announcement_header.png

Hello Milletians,

Here is an update about yesterday’s scheduled maintenance to provide you more information about what has been happening behind-the-scenes. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding, as this was a very long maintenance! This required maintenance was to improve our game infrastructure to cloud services. This is a very important step in providing a better service for the game.

While testing the game while the servers were down, we found that the cash shop purchases would not show up in the Item Shop Inventory unless the character logs in and logs out. While we were aware of this issue, we decided to bring up the servers so that you could all log in and participate in the events (consecutive logins!) and play the game while we further looked into it. As of now, this issue is still being looked into. After bringing up the servers, we were made aware of issues that we didn’t experience while testing, such as the issue where the general UI (User Interface) (hotkeys, extra skill slots, bag/menu locations, etc.) were resetting. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

Fortunately, as of this morning (10:00 am PDT) the general UI issues have been resolved, though you may need to restart the game for this to take effect. Since the maintenance required changes, many configurations needed updating in order to work with the new infrastructure.

Please see below for further known issues that we are looking into:

• Purchasing an item from the in-game cash shop does not automatically add the item to your Item Shop Inventory.
  • The character in which the item was purchased on must log in and out or change channels for the item to show in the Item Shop Inventory.
  • [FIXED] Guild Home Page (web and in-game) did not work.
  • [FIXED] There is a delay when changing channels or logging in and out.
  • [FIXED] General UI resets (hotkeys, extra skill slots, bag/menu locations, etc.)
  • Please re-launch your Mabinogi game client, as this issue has been fixed.
  • [FIXED] Reading a book may not show text
  • Please re-launch your Mabinogi game client, as this issue has been fixed.
  • [FIXED] Launching the game through Steam results in a ‘Server cannot be reached.’ error.
  • Please re-launch your Mabinogi game client, as this issue has been fixed. If you still are unable to login, please verify the integrity of your game files.

Once again, we sincerely appreciate your understanding and patience during this long maintenance, and hope this brings some insight into the importance of this maintenance and why some issues have occurred. We will be updating this post when updates are available for the remaining current issues. We are continuing to monitor the service, and appreciate your reports. Please join our Official Mabinogi Discord for real-time updates, and if you are experiencing any issues with the game (logging in, gameplay issues, event issues, etc.) please reach out to our Support Team by submitting a ticket.

- The Mabinogi Team
LittleCeciVeylaineDANIartsKysirai

Comments

• LittleCeciLittleCeci
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,265
    Thank you for all the hard work you guys do for this game :) and giving updates on the issues that have been happening and being fixed! :D
    WolfsingerKysirai
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited April 25, 2019
    Katherz wrote: »
    This required maintenance was to improve our game infrastructure to cloud services.

This is the key point of the whole shebang. The main thing about cloud services is that they are scalable. What this means is if you've gone as far as you can with qualitative improvements, to improve service or add functionality, then scalability allows you to apply quantitative improvements; and it's so much easier to "add more" than to "make better".
    Kysirai
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I am just glad that this didn't take a month to fix. Remember that Windows 10 fiasco?
    Kysirai
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    I really appreciate the transparency about maintenance/updates/issues like this. Thank you!
    Kysirai
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »
    I am just glad that this didn't take a month to fix. Remember that Windows 10 fiasco?

Windows 10 was made for fiascos.
    WolfsingerKysirai
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    edited April 29, 2019
    I'd be a lot more patient if our drops rates weren't absolute garbage and gold generation didnt keep getting nerfed into the ground. Like I get NA mabi has to be profitable or KR drops us (or so I've been being warned for years) but I'm getting a bit sick of it and wish they'd actually throw us a damn bone instead of funneling every resource into Maple like they have always done and trying to sell us off to Disney.

That said the GM's are great and I love you all 3000