Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Your most nostalgic/best memory of mabinogi

Comments

• KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    My favorite memory was pre-Alchemist update, I had a little group of friends that, like me, were too lazy to do any actual training, so we were just a bunch of noobs. But we all had the fancy mimics, and we'd call ourselves the Box Boys, and pop out by random passers-by and demand them to duel for their honor (where we'd immediately be creamed). We never got anything done, but we had fun.
    Shadowtivani
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Keiyoma wrote: »
    My favorite memory was pre-Alchemist update, I had a little group of friends that, like me, were too lazy to do any actual training, so we were just a bunch of noobs. But we all had the fancy mimics, and we'd call ourselves the Box Boys, and pop out by random passers-by and demand them to duel for their honor (where we'd immediately be creamed). We never got anything done, but we had fun.

I wish to goodness I could have seen that XDD
    Keiyoma
  • Klein1Klein1
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=lGS40NRylpA
    (I'm not the one recording btw)

This is definitely my fondest memory of mabinogi and conveniently a guildy at the time recorded it and put it on youtube. I believe Peaca Int had just come out and we made 2 parties to go in; mostly for fun but also for a chance at getting a dragon blade from one of the end chests since that was rare af back then. We ended spending a whole night with everyone afk in the dungeon sleeping irl because it had gotten so late and we were exhausted. Then waking up the next morning to go on vent and find mostly everyone waiting there to form back up and finish. To top it off, my bestfriend to this day got that dragon blade from the end chest.
  • ValkiryeValkirye
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    The moment I stopped buying Nexon. That sure brings back memories.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Valkirye wrote: »

Oh wow, you must be pretty wealthy to be able to buy off Nexon few times!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

Oof
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Oof

Oof
  • gregre
    Mabinogi Rep: 865
    edited May 4, 2019
    I remember certain parts of my childhood with this game all the way until now. I'll try to recollect some of those memories.
    -I remember being a kid and going into the logging camp, some guy told me there was an event there, being little curious cat me i followed him and got turned into an imp, i didn't get the mechanics, all i remember was a desolate wasteland with imps everywhere and giant ogres/imps running around i was confused but as i kept doing it, i got better, but i believe i still didn't get anything from it, i just enjoyed the mode.
    https://youtu.be/gcUnvh8vMKg

-Back when people were in Ciar Dungeon the hippest place to be. I remember people phased though the rocks and went out into the darkness, it was some spooky , being hardheaded as i was i managed to do it, but i didn't know how to get back outside (We did this and in the general shop in Tir all the way to the back) And somewhere during that time i remember there was a pet event going on? might've been later but I grabbed a few people and we decided to do 16? 24 pet dungeon, we all grabbed a slab of meat and went in, we all perished but still managed to win

-For some reason its blurry but i remember one of the arenas being very popular, i think it was Alby Dungeon maybe there was an event going on but i know that was a place everyone swarmed too got my butt handed to me a dozen times because how weak i was and i didn't have a transformation

-i remember a fishing event, and i sat there with some music on my stereo in Little me fishing for the shadow of Eweca, i had my window open and i could feel the cool breeze of the air as i fished, and eventually got the sword and the shield with some help of a friend cause i was no blacksmith that knew how to do those things

- My first fondest memory was during scarecrow event i got some pets so i could waltz out of Dunbarton and tir freely, me and my friend was good but we noticed the town looked different and there were zombies abound. We knew what we had to do-- Death, because i didn't know you could windmill( Do you guys remember when windmill used to take off hp?) so after that first trial and error someone revived us and told us to windmill for dear life, and so we did while being on deaths door. And we chased after the scarecrow whilst dying in the process and going to manus for healing, it was the most comfiest event i had what made me be a DM in DND and draw. Didn't know why the zombies came, we just high tailed it in

- I was bored but i know i wanted something from a dungeon, i laid down some flower on the alter i brought from the twins in Emain fate saw that the dungeon was accompany by someone but i couldn't find them (I was curious so i stayed in) and some girl was in there knocked out. i saved her by clearing out the room almost dead, revived her and we did the entire dungeon, i was never into archery but she showed me how to do the fire arrow trick

-(Remember sharp mind? i got *** up a bunch when i was new or was it ever implemented? i remember the skill. I know i remember the damn skill )

- I wanted to explore rano and as i did i ended up in filla, a found something and a dust cloud appeared, i was scared shitless for some reason cause i wasn't strong enough to get past some of the hidden doors and the salamander kept bullying me into submission, so i stood there until it was time to content warp.

- i participated in the EVG war that happened around filla, it was a cluster Duck and i died so many times, Down in Dunbarton was so much worse, people died..Camped people were on the ground and not getting up at first it was all elves, then the Giants rose up from the ashes and bullied all the elves. i tried to save the people that were getting camped but i got camped in the process. sometimes the person got free and i saved them, but it ended mostly by me and the other person getting camped by ice bolt and or ice spear
    I could go on but some of my nostalgic times were tied into events i was too scared to join a guild because i thought i was hot garbage so it was either me or just a few people i knew and random people

-my last remembrance was during the first dragon boat race we wanted to break the record of some sort(?) and i joined a random group that had their party up they told me if i'd done this before, i lied and told them i have we got into the boat and we kept losing, everyone suspected it was me right off the bat and i gave in, they gave me some pointers and we began once more. This time i knew what i was doing somewhat. Race after race we kept getting closer and closer until we JUST made the first one everyone was happy but the leader wanted to do one more and we did, by this time i was a bonified expert we were doing really well and that's when i got my first
    dragonblade and a swordsmanship outfit

(a side note, that girl i saved we turned into best friends and she asked me if i wanted an extra boost in my power by getting married, i never scored)

Your post was edited for Inappropriate language. ~Buffalos
    edited May 4, 2019
    gre wrote: »
    I remember certain parts of my childhood with this game all the way until now. I'll try to recollect some of those memories.
    -I remember being a kid and going into the logging camp, some guy told me there was an event there, being little curious cat me i followed him and got turned into an imp, i didn't get the mechanics, all i remember was a desolate wasteland with imps everywhere and giant ogres/imps running around i was confused but as i kept doing it, i got better, but i believe i still didn't get anything from it, i just enjoyed the mode.

-Back when people were in Ciar Dungeon the hippest place to be. I remember people phased though the rocks and went out into the darkness, it was some spooky , being hardheaded as i was i managed to do it, but i didn't know how to get back outside (We did this and in the general shop in Tir all the way to the back) And somewhere during that time i remember there was a pet event going on? might've been later but I grabbed a few people and we decided to do 16? 24 pet dungeon, we all grabbed a slab of meat and went in, we all perished but still managed to win

-For some reason its blurry but i remember one of the arenas being very popular, i think it was Alby Dungeon maybe there was an event going on but i know that was a place everyone swarmed too got my butt handed to me a dozen times because how weak i was and i didn't have a transformation

-i remember a fishing event, and i sat there with some music on my stereo in Little me fishing for the shadow of Eweca, i had my window open and i could feel the cool breeze of the air as i fished, and eventually got the sword and the shield with some help of a friend cause i was no blacksmith that knew how to do those things

- My first fondest memory was during scarecrow event i got some pets so i could waltz out of Dunbarton and tir freely, me and my friend was good but we noticed the town looked different and there were zombies abound. We knew what we had to do-- Death, because i didn't know you could windmill( Do you guys remember when windmill used to take off hp?) so after that first trial and error someone revived us and told us to windmill for dear life, and so we did while being on deaths door. And we chased after the scarecrow whilst dying in the process and going to manus for healing, it was the most comfiest event i had what made me be a DM in DND and draw. Didn't know why the zombies came, we just high tailed it in

- I was bored but i know i wanted something from a dungeon, i laid down some flower on the alter i brought from the twins in Emain fate saw that the dungeon was accompany by someone but i couldn't find them (I was curious so i stayed in) and some girl was in there knocked out. i saved her by clearing out the room almost dead, revived her and we did the entire dungeon, i was never into archery but she showed me how to do the fire arrow trick

-(Remember sharp mind? i got *** up a bunch when i was new or was it ever implemented? i remember the skill. I know i remember the damn skill )

- I wanted to explore rano and as i did i ended up in filla, a found something and a dust cloud appeared, i was scared shitless for some reason cause i wasn't strong enough to get past some of the hidden doors and the salamander kept bullying me into submission, so i stood there until it was time to content warp.

- i participated in the EVG war that happened around filla, it was a cluster Duck and i died so many times, Down in Dunbarton was so much worse, people died..Camped people were on the ground and not getting up at first it was all elves, then the Giants rose up from the ashes and bullied all the elves. i tried to save the people that were getting camped but i got camped in the process. sometimes the person got free and i saved them, but it ended mostly by me and the other person getting camped by ice bolt and or ice spear
    I could go on but some of my nostalgic times were tied into events i was too scared to join a guild because i thought i was hot garbage so it was either me or just a few people i knew and random people

-my last remembrance was during the first dragon boat race we wanted to break the record of some sort(?) and i joined a random group that had their party up they told me if i'd done this before, i lied and told them i have we got into the boat and we kept losing, everyone suspected it was me right off the bat and i gave in, they gave me some pointers and we began once more. This time i knew what i was doing somewhat. Race after race we kept getting closer and closer until we JUST made the first one everyone was happy but the leader wanted to do one more and we did, by this time i was a bonified expert we were doing really well and that's when i got my first

(a side note, that girl i saved we turned into best friends and she asked me if i wanted an extra boost in my power by getting married, i never scored)

Here you go, btw, watch out for your choice of certain vocabulary.
    Sharp_Mind.png

Post edited to match prior moderation. ~Buffalos
  • mufacemuface
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,235
    I think my fondest memories of mabinogi was when Tir was bustling; the go-to dungeon was Alby and the 'wow' dungeon was Ciar. Everyone just had to have their pitch-black robes too!

Free pets weren't even implemented back then. Those times, the best tutor you can find is a stranger playing the same game :D also, when players would sit around the campfire before the boss room and just chat for a bit while we regain HP/MP.

Waiting for the Moon Gate to open would mean bumping into people who were doing the same. You get a friend or two out of that too if you're lucky :p

And when the elves and giants came out of course! Journeying through Iria was the best, rafting? Yes.

Magic Mixing... Fusion bolt! Best times. Always had to get the right countdown for that. Oh and who could forget those hideous repair prices for the wands?

Going around the whole continent with an L-Rod in your hands? Best pet at the time were horses since the L-Rod works while on mount!
    @Hardmuscle Oh look, old Filia and dead NPCs, now where are those commerce bots? People started campfires to make them get stuck at certain points so they piled on each other and despawned from lag.
    [Deleted User]Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 3, 2019
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Favorite Nostalgic Memory?

Black Robes One, Two, or Three? No (i'm kidding, no one thought those were funny).

How about that time when all of the NPCs died, on a Friday..?
    (right after everyone at Nexon went home for the weekend)..? :sunglasses:

Oof those were some dark times. Thank god if something goes wrong now they are on it asap.
    [Deleted User]Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

-(Remember sharp mind? i got *derp* up a bunch when i was new or was it ever implemented? i remember the skill. I know i remember the damn skill )

- I wanted to explore rano and as i did i ended up in filla, a found something and a dust cloud appeared, i was scared *derp* for some reason cause i wasn't strong enough to get past some of the hidden doors and the salamander kept bullying me into submission, so i stood there until it was time to content warp.

Sharp_Mind.png

Clearly the poster didn't even take their time checking forum rules... Or even use common sense.

-(Remember sharp mind? i got *derp* up a bunch when i was new or was it ever implemented? i remember the skill. I know i remember the damn skill )

- I wanted to explore rano and as i did i ended up in filla, a found something and a dust cloud appeared, i was scared *derp* for some reason cause i wasn't strong enough to get past some of the hidden doors and the salamander kept bullying me into submission, so i stood there until it was time to content warp.

Sharp_Mind.png

Clearly the poster didn't even take their time checking forum rules... Or even use common sense.

Gotta rank up sharp mind.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Sharp_Mind.png

Gotta rank up sharp mind.

They should uncap it. =P
    Kensamaofmari