Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

This is why the saga had great writing.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    *chokes*
    GAEA
    NO
    BAD

Qq029li.png

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »
    *chokes*
    GAEA
    NO
    BAD

Qq029li.png

Why you little... DOH!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 26, 2019
    Cut it out Gaea. You going way overboard when i did. This is blatant bullying now.

Sorry about this OP, but some people will always make things go off topic in almost every thread possible. And this is just how it is. Especially when someone is grieving and trying their best to feel better about themselves.

Okay... Now moving on!
    AigisSherri
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Personally, I enjoyed Saga Season 1, but Saga Season 2 was an absolute train wreck from start to finish that could have been handled so much better.

Characters. Whoever wrote the Aces as incompetents should be fired into the sun. Seriously, a group that supposedly guards Erinn against threats can't keep their hands on donations? I could understand if maybe a significant threat stole the donations, but simply losing them is blatant idiocy that doesn't speak well of these supposed heroes. Especially in regard to how they handle recouping their losses. It's really terrible Seriously, Starlet having to worry about crazy people with bombs that wind up blowing up her dog? What the heck would have provoked that sort of thing? People with no experience doing a concert suggesting they do a concert to recoup said funds rather than earn it in a more typical fashion like, I don't know, going after monsters? Professor J doesn't object to the stupidity, only to look foolish, which I don't see him as a character. Merlin is a goof, but even he has his limits. It's like the person who was handed these characters didn't bother to think of their personalities and then just shoved them into a brainless plot to give Starlet "a chance to move on from her sad dead dog past".

This is even more annoying when you only see these characters for only so much of the Saga 2 chapter. Oh no, Little Tarlach gets kidnapped and Merlin is worried about looking like an idiot than realizing "hey, we have a legit threat going on and they took the kid! We could use the help!" leaving so many powerful characters unused. I mean, how epic would it have been to see Professor J and Culinary Artist tearing apart the battlefield with Starlet as support? Why couldn't we have that? Or did the writer realize that constantly crapping all over Merlin was bad writing...? Nope, it continues with Treasure Hunter crapping on him coupled with blackmail.

After dealing with what amounts to an annoying series of mini-games, you finally wind up somewhere within a plot. The Cessair want Tarlach, but for what ends? Ok, he's some sort of key to something or other?

The story regarding the Ban/Settlers wasn't handled well either. Ok, so someone saved three kids if I remember the story right, one of them was Treasure Hunter, but who are the other two? A good story would reveal that eventually. Same with Treasure Hunter's name. Yes, we know that Neamhain cursed these guys in some form, but why? What did they do? The Elves and Giants tried to gain an item of power of hers to become stronger that upset her; that curse is explained.

Ruairi to me has always been a character that acts without thinking. He believes Esras when they say you caused Rian's death when the dude has been a walking corpse for a while. Believes Millia betrayed him when she called her Shaman friends to help heal Ruairi and kills them and tries to sacrifice her. Hey, Ruairi, remember how these Cessair guys and Tarlach wound up summoning Macha and almost destroyed the world? I would think twice before working with them again, in spite of them giving you a fancy new arm. Where did that come from anyway? I know from the Cessair, but what technology?

So much of that story is never explained. We're left with more questions than resolutions.

However, who they had writing the Aces as of the Chain Blade content has redeemed the characters. That person knows how to handle those characters. The Aces in theirs hands aren't incompetent lackwits, but skilled heroes.
    GTCvActiumAigisSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 27, 2019
    Leinei wrote: »
    Personally, I enjoyed Saga Season 1, but Saga Season 2 was an absolute train wreck from start to finish that could have been handled so much better.

I...unfortunately did not pay attention to the story lines. I just blasted through saga. Considering that a lot of people didn't like the story line to saga II, this was probably the best course of action. =P

Greta wrote: »
    Cut it out Gaea. You going way overboard when i did. This is blatant bullying now.

Sorry about this OP, but some people will always make things go off topic in almost every thread possible. And this is just how it is. Especially when someone is grieving and trying their best to feel better about themselves.

Okay... Now moving on!

So now you conveniently pull out the violin and bully card because you don't know how to take a joke and joke with us? That is lame as hell. You have forgotten how these forums work. I feel sorry for you.

You know if you did some schtick to me instead of being all "dis off topic" "stahp bullying me" "yer not funny" - these forums would be a much more fun place for you and everyone.

:)

If I was a true bully I would be relentless and crude af.

tenor.gif?itemid=3456446
    Aigis
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    You both need a snickers or something.

Most everybody in the Saga did frankly.......... *totally not being both on topic and not at the same time*
    Kensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 27, 2019

Most everybody in the Saga did frankly.......... *totally not being both on topic and not at the same time*

*gasp* Don't say that!

I once said this sentence to a person who assumed that i was bringing up politics when i mentioned Donald Trump between lines as a joke. I instantly got a warning for "harassment and inflammatory comment". Like wut....
    These forums are really bizarre. Why i'm even wasting my time here lol.
    WolfsingerKensamaofmariSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 27, 2019
    Greta wrote: »

*gasp* Don't say that!

I once said this sentence to a person who assumed that i was bringing up politics when i mentioned Donald Trump between lines as a joke. I instantly got a warning for "harassment and inflammatory comment". Like wut....
    These forums are really bizarre. Why i'm even wasting my time here lol.

Oh they are just liberals. Trying to take away free speech and other god given rights. Hippity hoppity, they have come to take your property, because they believe wealth should be divided equally to benefit everyone (that's called communism folks, it doesn't work). This is why I don't live in California anymore. Logic constantly eludes them and makes them belligerent.

Since HQ is in California, that is why you have to be careful about what you say. Everything can be taken out context, everything can be considered offensive. Being in this community you have to walk on eggshells with some people or they will ruin everything for you (your account, your reputation, ext). I have noticed that my friends online who are from California have become increasingly belligerent over the recent years. I don't know if it just them getting dumber and more saturated with biased media or if I have become less tolerant in my growing age. Probably both.

:D

I prefer milkyway midnight btw. I would also dispute that stupid BIASED write up that was dished out because of some personal political bs taken out on some innocent comment that had NOTHING to do with politics. Don't let THEM bully YOU Greta.

:|

The moderators really need to check themselves and keep their actions NEUTRAL.

(This comment has been archived https://web.archive.org/save/http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/19883/this-is-why-the-saga-had-great-writing/p2).
    WolfsingerKensamaofmariAigisSherri
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    edited April 27, 2019
    @Greta I think it means you're bizarre and bored? I dunno, its a constant question I ask myself, considering I'm the same way XD
    Thanks for the warning though, I appreciate and keep it in mind....I try to keep my personal thoughts out of things normally anyway to avoid run-ins. I get enough rough things out in the real world anyway.
    Though it feels less real and more like a bad joke every day XD

@Gaea my friend used to live in California. She left. About a year later she's recovering and doing much better XDD
    Also: 450.jpg Here ya go! I deliver!
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    @Greta I think it means you're bizarre and bored? I dunno, its a constant question I ask myself, considering I'm the same way XD
    Thanks for the warning though, I appreciate and keep it in mind....I try to keep my personal thoughts out of things normally anyway to avoid run-ins. I get enough rough things out in the real world anyway.
    Though it feels less real and more like a bad joke every day XD

@Gaea my friend used to live in California. She left. About a year later she's recovering and doing much better XDD
    Also: 450.jpg Here ya go! I deliver!

Yeah!!! nwn

I'm surprised she was able to leave when she did. Everyone over is struggling and stuck in rent traps or living in their vehicles. I am not even exaggerating the situation over there. It has become a third world country. If you can get out via a friend or relative, do it. Stay with them a couple months, get a job, save up, you will notice that your quality of life will improve almost immediately.

We should get back on topic though. Perhaps we can start a thread about California's situation in town square.
    Kensamaofmari
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Her family's both retired, and apparently had enough money to get the heck outta dodge. I dunno the exacts, but I am glad for her sake. She still insists the beaches are the best though - and, well, what would I know, the closest beach to me is in the Gulf and that's basically mud XDD

Ahhh topic.....what was the topic again? Oh yeah the Saga XDD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 28, 2019
    Her family's both retired, and apparently had enough money to get the heck outta dodge. I dunno the exacts, but I am glad for her sake. She still insists the beaches are the best though - and, well, what would I know, the closest beach to me is in the Gulf and that's basically mud XDD

Yeah...I miss the beaches too, and the mexican food. Sigh...but cheaper cost of living is worth it. I own my home and car free and clear. When I was living in California it was constantly stressful, money was always dissapering faster than you can pay your bills. The bills were horrendous. No matter what you did to cut costs, California would steal whatever savings you managed to save. Now I hear people can't even survive. They are paying 1000$ just to roommate with someone, or they are living from their vehicle, or they are part of the 130k+ homeless population there. It's disgusting.

But yeah Saga. I think the most irritating aspect of Saga 2 was the puzzles. Most notably Iria II espisode 2 The Missing. I freaking HATE that puzzle with the correct responses to the pirates. The wiki KINDA gives the first or second correct responses, but half the time you end up giving the wrong response and have to start over and over and over.

That "response guide" is a hot garbage. I can't read that thing.

Can someone update that freaking wiki with a more accurate amd easier to read walk-through of that quest? Because sometimes I have to fight a red dragon for GM (and sometimes I can't be on when the red dragon spawns in Raspa). So if someone could kindly please fix that walk through I would forever appreciate it.

Also It is my opinion Saga 2 makes players quit. They need to fix this.
    WolfsingerSherri
  • LeineiLeinei

Yeah...I miss the beaches too, and the mexican food. Sigh...but cheaper cost of living is worth it. I own my home and car free and clear. When I was living in California it was constantly stressful, money was always dissapering faster than you can pay your bills. The bills were horrendous. No matter what you did to cut costs, California would steal whatever savings you managed to save. Now I hear people can't even survive. They are paying 1000$ just to roommate with someone, or they are living from their vehicle, or they are part of the 130k+ homeless population there. It's disgusting.

But yeah Saga. I think the most irritating aspect of Saga 2 was the puzzles. Most notably Iria II espisode 2 The Missing. I freaking HATE that puzzle with the correct responses to the pirates. The wiki KINDA gives the first or second correct responses, but half the time you end up giving the wrong response and have to start over and over and over.

Can someone update that freaking wiki with a more accurate amd easier to read walk-through of that quest? Because sometimes I have to fight a red dragon for GM (and sometimes I can't be on when the red dragon spawns in Raspa). So if someone could kindly please fix that walk through I would forever appreciate it.

Oh, god, I forgot about that pirate thing. -__-

Now if only they could go back and fix the content. I mean they cut down the first three generations, right? Why couldn't they go back and fix that trainwreck?
  • GretaGreta
    Saga 2 was a disaster. It almost made me hate the game forever.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Oh, god, I forgot about that pirate thing. -__-

Now if only they could go back and fix the content. I mean they cut down the first three generations, right? Why couldn't they go back and fix that trainwreck?

Because it's that, a trainwreck. I wouldn't want to touch it either. Lol.
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 29, 2019
    Hated the pirate part, boar part, ballooning part and the time you need to piece together a sliding puzzle to continue with mission. I'm REALLY awful at sliding puzzles, i can't even complete the 6 piece simple ones... It's been like that as long as i remember.
    Sherri
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    However, who they had writing the Aces as of the Chain Blade content has redeemed the characters. That person knows how to handle those characters. The Aces in theirs hands aren't incompetent lackwits, but skilled heroes.

The same writers doing the divine knights story. Funny enough we get a lot of parallels to the Divine Knights, for one we're shown that the Aces aren't the pristine heroes that they were originally portrayed as and instead we're shown their failures and even help them confront their past and forge a future for them. I used to hate Merlin but after G21 and the Chain of destruction stories, he's one of my favorite characters. His arrogant attitude is really just him trying to relate to people. This is a person so talented that as a child he managed to distort time and travel to the past, something that we've only ever seen Gods do. When he drops his usual defenses, he's very perceptive, has a strong moral compass, and is actually a good friend. Though I can really only say that about Merlin, the rest of the Aces (barring Eiren) kinda just got a better rep for just being Aces with him. I do hope that the rest of the Aces get this treatment too down the line, but as it stands, they are far better portrayed in Divine Knights and Chain of Destruction.
  • LeineiLeinei
    GTCvActium wrote: »

The same writers doing the divine knights story. Funny enough we get a lot of parallels to the Divine Knights, for one we're shown that the Aces aren't the pristine heroes that they were originally portrayed as and instead we're shown their failures and even help them confront their past and forge a future for them. I used to hate Merlin but after G21 and the Chain of destruction stories, he's one of my favorite characters. His arrogant attitude is really just him trying to relate to people. This is a person so talented that as a child he managed to distort time and travel to the past, something that we've only ever seen Gods do. When he drops his usual defenses, he's very perceptive, has a strong moral compass, and is actually a good friend. Though I can really only say that about Merlin, the rest of the Aces (barring Eiren) kinda just got a better rep for just being Aces with him. I do hope that the rest of the Aces get this treatment too down the line, but as it stands, they are far better portrayed in Divine Knights and Chain of Destruction.

Yeah, I really love how he was handled in that content. Merlin really is a cool character. He's got a lot of power, but he gets anxious about things like everyone else. Saga 2 was just a cringefest with the Aces. All of them constantly bullying Merlin (though he was a jerk for bullying Tarlach, but again, bad writing. Most grown-ups don't bully little kids). I think Eiren would have just shaken her head at all of them for that sort of thing. -_-
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    @Gaea I think some of the reasons why people didn't like Saga was some people found Millia's character to be annoying. Some missions were overly easy and not worth it. Others found some missions near impossible to do. Some people experienced pretty bad lag doing some of those episodes.
  • LeineiLeinei
    @Gaea I think some of the reasons why people didn't like Saga was some people found Millia's character to be annoying. Some missions were overly easy and not worth it. Others found some missions near impossible to do. Some people experienced pretty bad lag doing some of those episodes.

Millia was a brat, that's for sure, but you gotta remember that her dad was killed by Demons and she's trying to learn magic and, you, the Milletian got in the way of that because the threat that killed her father, eventually turned its eyes on you. She wanted revenge. She has her reasons for her behavior. Tarlach and Ruairi were definitely the villains behind her suffering (Ruairi killed her mother in his efforts to help accomplish Tarlach's goal and their collaboration with the Cessair led to her father's demise and who knows who else).
This discussion has been closed.