Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Keep Natural dye

ValenmirValenmir
Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
in Feedback and Suggestions
This is the only thing i have really liked from this Doki Doki event, But im upset that its only just for the Doki event which means it will likely be gone after it ends. It would be nice if natural dying was kept after the event is over.
  1. Keep Natural dying after the event?32 votes
    1. Yes!
       91% (29 votes)
    2. No Thanks.
       3% (1 vote)
    3. But it will mess with my Marketing! (Insert rage, Pouting face)
       6% (2 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    The Dye Market wold definitely die if that happened, but I don't care! I want my deep blue dyes... >_<
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    I don't mind the market for dyes crashing considering its only gotten more expensive. Though I feel the only way they would keep the minigame were if it were on some sort of timer (similar to waiting a week to rebirth). If it becomes a weekly, biweekly, or even monthly thing it'd still be great to have.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    They could end up doing it the same way as the flashy dye well, It would be for the homestead and so on.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    edited March 20, 2019
    I wouldn't mind if it stays as a real-life daily thing, but change it so you'd have to use resources: have to obtain base herbs, berries, and blueberries to start the mini-game.
    THICCthighssavelivesGretaWolfsingerHisahime
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Where shall it be placed? My vote is Cor Village.
    NeverimKairiUJMKDragoolfire
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Liberate wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if it stays as a real-life daily thing, but change it so you'd have to use resources: have to obtain base herbs, berries, and blueberries to start the mini-game.

To be honest, Thats what i thought the mini game was when i read on it... xD
  • PavePave
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    100% yes! This event is introducing a lot of new colours into the game and it would be so sad to see it go :(
  • ElevoloElevolo
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    They can still sell empty dye ampoules and use them as resources... that way economy doesn´t get trashed and we get the colors we want...win-win

(sorry for bad english)
    Twelie
  • DarkConductorDarkConductor
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    I like the idea of implementing the natural dye event and the "catches" behind it (i.e you can't trade the dye and you could only make it once a day). Everyone was ecstatic about it coming out.

However, I do not like the idea of having it as permanent content. I feel this should be something that should be in more events but not necessarily there as an everyday thing. The thought of "needing to gather ingredients in order to do it" - what if you fail your dye coloring attempt? The thought of having to gather more resources just so you can "try again if you fail" is rather disconcerting imo.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I would say bring it back at least once a year. :)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »

Make areas in Iria that can be found using exploration skills that allows one to make natural dyes for a short while time.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    edited April 29, 2019
    I would really enjoy this being in more events, for sure. However, maybe a once a day (even one per account to avoid killing the market) homestead prop could be added, similar to the dye well (as was mentioned earlier)? The dyes should maybe expire as well, so that you couldn't just hoard them and then avoid ever participating in the dye market again. (Lookin' out for all you merchants out there synthing dyes for us!)
    Ladame wrote: »
    I would really enjoy this being in more events, for sure. However, maybe a once a day (even one per account to avoid killing the market) homestead prop could be added, similar to the dye well (as was mentioned earlier)? The dyes should maybe expire as well, so that you couldn't just hoard them and then avoid ever participating in the dye market again. (Lookin' out for all you merchants out there synthing dyes for us!)

I probably won't be synthing dyes until late spring again.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Gaea wrote: »

Make areas in Iria that can be found using exploration skills that allows one to make natural dyes for a short while time.

Or even just make Dye Making a new skill using materials found via exploration (rare flowers in Connous, exotic fruits in Courcle, etc.).
    KensamaofmariLeineiAmarazDragoolfire
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    My personal opinion about the dye market is eff it. I don't believe people should have to break their wallet to wear a freaking color. I understand certain colors are more in demand, but if we kept the natural dye maker who cares? You can create your own "expensive" color and use it or sell it. I know other people will disagree with me because they probably sell dyes for a good living, and I mean no skin off your back, I truly just want players to wear what they want instead of suffering for a color. I think that's asinine <_>

Anyways, I enjoyed that event SO much, what a great idea to add to the game. It's actually a fun mini-game that gives me what I want. Maybe they could bring it back once or twice a year to make it not so overpowered and not ruined the dye market for people who sell.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Ladame wrote: »

Expiring dyes would help not destroy the market for sure. It would suck for someone like me though, who buys outfits rarely and needs a little stash of their colors tucked away somewhere for that one day I finally do buy a new outfit, lol.
  • KairiUJMKKairiUJMK
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,455
    I like the idea of one time a day making a fixed dye with a homestead prop would be nice (My wigs and some clothes all get dyed the 330000 dyes, and those have gone up to 7m due to only being in gacha, it sucks! At least with Doki Doki I could craft them.). Though have it require some materials to create the dye (I would say let's have regular dye ampoules as the main ingredient to promote people buying dyes from NX shop, but the prices on those would skyrocket in retaliation in the market for those that can't or won't buy Karma Koin), perhaps fixed dyes like how synthesis needs 2 to make 1 plus idk, Cuillin stones, herbs, dead bees XD ? Expiring dyes would be nice, or perhaps non-tradable except through bank, that would avoid people taking over the market with fixed specific dyes.
    I think it would be better if they added the dye making minigame to synthesis where you can get colors you want instead of random selection, but you would have to add in some other items of different color for the minigame.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Maybe you have to use 20 or more herbs to craft your dyes, and maybe it's only a 1/3 chance to get the one you wanted. Sounds like thematic Mabi RNG lol. Seriously though, If you needed to gather alot of herbs (or any item you want to code for this process) to craft just 1 dye, it would probably be less abused.