Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why should i continue to be human?

DARKCloudDARKCloud
Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
in General Chat
In the midst of giant renewals and the reign of Vision of Ladeca, what is the point of being human? This isn't a triggered rant btw. I'm just curious what reasons other (more accomplished) human mains like about the race and how it stands out. Ofc its a jack of all trades, but it seems like the divide in races is getting larger and larger. I'm skeptical about continuing the balanced race.

Comments

• chikenleg123chikenleg123
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    Here are some reasons not to be human
    Arrow Revolver is horrible.
    You deal very little dps ranged
    Final hit does not compare to the power output of giant fullswing and final strike or magnum spam
    Slow move speed
    High tier equipment is a lot more expensive and material heavy
    Giants can get Valiance armor for very cheap
    Jack of all trades master of none

Reasons to be human:
    More variety of equipment
    Greta
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    If your investments in your human are light (Not a lot of character locked event items, character bound titles, and character bound equips) then jump ship. Jump now before its too late!!!
  • DARKCloudDARKCloud
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    If your investments in your human are light (Not a lot of character locked event items, character bound titles, and character bound equips) then jump ship. Jump now before its too late!!!

Is your preference elf or giant?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    DARKCloud wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Is your preference elf or giant?

Elves in the game's home country of Korea are the most powerful race since Magnum spam is extremely powerful over there. Here on NA, unless you live in California and pretty close to NX HQ, you're not gonna achieve the ping a player from KR has. In this case a giant is far better. With a large shield a giant can render any damage to 1 with def meaning you don't even really need heavy armor to tank things (they also don't get penalized for using heavy armor anyways) and their Full Swing can clear out entire rooms in a few secs. For all intents and purposes, giants are the stronger race in NA. So go for that.
  • IPandaIPanda
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    ...and yet there still a buttload of human no matter how strong the other races is.

The point is people are not willing to start over, the update is meant to be OP enough so people switch, but it doesn't work. Old player will not switch and new player don't care/ignorant and will just pick the pretty looking human/elf.
    ChaosShadow
  • DARKCloudDARKCloud
    IPanda wrote: »
    ...and yet there still a buttload of human no matter how strong the other races is.

The point is people are not willing to start over, the update is meant to be OP enough so people switch, but it doesn't work. Old player will not switch and new player don't care/ignorant and will just pick the pretty looking human/elf.
    Not saying im of the upper percentile, but ive been working on a giant since it was apparent to me that guard cylinder +lance was in their arsenal. I only made a full transition as of a weeks ago tho. And for those who are 30k ttls and such: i can understand why you wouldnt want to switch characters. 30k ap + attended 2x/3x ap events for years? thats going to be a hard transition. Luckily memoirs is a thing tho
    Jayy124
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 26, 2019
    IPanda wrote: »

It's not just that. The majority of the playerbase is OLD. When you get older you have less time for stuff like this, let alone ranking up a brand new character EVEN IF THEY GIVE YOU 5000 LEVELS.
    KensamaofmariJayy124
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Hmph. If being a giant means being like you, I choose to remain human.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    why continue being human?
    well if u have been paying human for years u will be throwing away years of ur hard work
    sure its alot easier to lvl up new characters this days thanks to blaanid quests

do u really have to be at same lvl as giants or elves
    why envy their good stats
    why even compare to humans to them
    is having better stats even worth starting over?
    do stats really have to matter?

human is very versatile race
    if u cant compete with stats compensate with strategy
    humans having a variety of skill sets is what gives us advantage

mabi dev team said they are doing what ever they can to rebalance races
    and giants have been disregarded for a long time so give them a bit of consideration
    elves and humans will probably be rebalanced soon
    Xafnir
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Human is more fashionable anyway~
    Kensamaofmari
  • DARKCloudDARKCloud
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Hmph. If being a giant means being like you, I choose to remain human.

The hell is that supposed to mean? lol
    Greta
  • DARKCloudDARKCloud
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    why continue being human?
    well if u have been paying human for years u will be throwing away years of ur hard work
    sure its alot easier to lvl up new characters this days thanks to blaanid quests

do u really have to be at same lvl as giants or elves
    why envy their good stats
    why even compare to humans to them
    is having better stats even worth starting over?
    do stats really have to matter?

human is very versatile race
    if u cant compete with stats compensate with strategy
    humans having a variety of skill sets is what gives us advantage

mabi dev team said they are doing what ever they can to rebalance races
    and giants have been disregarded for a long time so give them a bit of consideration
    elves and humans will probably be rebalanced soon

Now we all have our reasons for playing . Some choose to play just for fashionogi. I for one always look at KR endgame content typically before it comes out here and it looks really awesome how its done. I have a sense of envy for that level of competitive gameplay (usually found fundamentally in massive multiplayer games mind you). The leaps in character quality that become more apparent each update tells me that if I want to play competitively I should expand my horizons and look at elf and giant. What I do absolutely agree with you about is the strong possibility that humans will get another revamp (probably before elves). So that's something to look forward to
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    This will be a long post, I'm going to refute some misinformation and try to set the records straight about skill functionality and relevant game mechanics that are causing all of these race wars in the community.
    Final hit does not compare to the power output of giant fullswing and final strike or magnum spam
    Slow move speed

(I agree on AR being bad so I wont include that as points I'm refuting here.)

All races have Way of the Gun and the same endgame bonuses to it from stats for single target ranged type dps.

Final Hit being weaker than Final Strike is a pretty much falsehood which is only being spread by people who at this point I strongly believe haven't used the skill, with the small exception point in a perfect world with 0 mob retaliation fully reforged it has a SLIGHTLY higher total damage multiplier, but it's a moot point with basic game knowledge of critical hits and Redoubled Offensive. Final Hit's higher attack rate of a mere 300ms it's entire duration with Relentless Assault active will result in the boosted damage from criticals and Redoubled Offensive procing many more times in comparison to Final Strike who's first 4 hits take 2 seconds each, hits 5-10 taking 1 second each, before finally getting down to 500ms for the rest of it's duration. It's also worth considering both Final Hit and Final Strike can splash, Final Hit scales with your weapon's splash damage rate while Final Strike is a fixed 20% splash damage. This results in Final Strike's 840% main target damage with a 2 handed weapon doing a mere 168% in splash, where as Final Hit with a Fanatic or Borealis 2 handed sword will do 280%, and Divine Blade or Soluna splashing 360%, which is a pretty huge deal when you consider an erg 50 2 handed sword's boost to splash range makes every hit effectively a slightly forward facing Windmill in terms of AOE. Which brings into comparison Full Swing, while Full Swing has a higher multiplier than Final Hit it has the same attack rate factor that makes Final Strike inferior, the AOE can be larger however than an erg 50 2 handed sword but it's worth considering no 2 handed axe or blunt can get piercing levels, but a human can Final Hit with 1-4/6 piercing swords depending on the enchants and if it's Soluna (the only one that can go up to 6), Final Hit benefits greatly from having a party member using Death Mark to make up for it's smaller AOE however, which makes it shine over Full Swing in higher tier content with the piercing levels of a 2 handed sword actually make a difference (eg tech duinn missions, phantasm). The ultimate cherry on the top of the ice cream with Final Hit however is the fact it nullifies durability usage, Full Swing, Final Strike, and Final Shot ALL consume durability normally but while Final Hit is active any close combat type weapon (including Brionac which is used to reduce protection of certain boss monsters and costs AP to repair) consumes no durability making Final Hit not only an IMMENSELY centralizing skill having both massive single target AND AOE potential but also FREE to use and objectively the ultimate reason to play human as nothing the other races have compare to it.

Move speed is a moot point as Final Hit allows humans to teleport 1600 range with no reforge, anchor rush also has the same movement speed on all races and when used consecutively will get you around faster than most mounts, and most of the time you're going to be moving far is on a mount anyway which have the same speed regardless of which race summons them.

The endgame armors are currently the same for all races, Ultimate Geas Devastation and Edge for damage and survivability respectively. Colossal Valiance is a decent mid~late game option for giants though that is a valid point, but Royal Knight is just as good an option for human as well.

Another big advantage for humans is being able to Support Shot, and also having Lance Charge to go along with it. Lance Charge fully reforged with a divine lance is about 4000% damage multiplier making it the highest single hit damage in the game, and in solo play ONLY HUMANS have the option to boost it's damage by a MASSIVE 2.31x with support shot (wearing bohemian set with support shot master + combat dan second titles). Furthermore with the dan revamp you can now customize combo cards with most skills you can get to dan 3, this includes lance charge which can result in a further 87% possible 6th use bonus to lance charge when you have the cooldown reforge to allow you to use it 6 times in a row within the combo card timeout period. Giants have nothing to compare to this, however Elves with low latency will still outdps with a combo card 6x Magnum Shot albiet using more durability and effort to do so.

A couple other points worth making that have been brought up in the thread; Lance+Guard Cylinder is pretty pointless because you lose the defense of a borealis/massive despair shield and 100% damage reduction with defense activation that large shields provide, you lose the 40+ max damage from a max damage reforged cooking pot, and you lose any real effective use of alchemy outside of shock due to Guard Cylinders reducing damage when used alone (as well as losing out on all the massive boosts to damage and 100% activation rate for Chain Cylinder from an erg upgraded main hand cylinder) and having no cylinder efficiency modifier to make skills like sand burst and wind blast have any meaningful effectiveness. Adding Merlin knuckles on your off hand at that point is just further nerfing yourself into oblivion because fighter in it's current state is a worthless skillset, and magic is only worth with a reforged staff or chain casting wand, Merlin knuckles make you lose out on casting speed boosts from reforges, magic attack and mana reduction from upgrades, while also making you lose out an R type critical multiplier by using the bonus for a 1 handed weapon instead of 2 handed weapons like a normal knuckle or staff. The Lance+Guard+Merlin combo is a bad meme with no practical use even in low tier 'hard' mode shadow mission content that only serves to lock a giant out of the options that make them actually worth playing at all (Full Swing, Stampede, Final Strike, Might of Ladeca boosted chain slash for 15 mins every 36 mins, ACTUAL fighter damage when the g23 knuckles come to NA and give their massive 25/35% combo mastery boosts and fighter skill cooldown resets randomly on hit).

In closing, as I've said in the other threads complaining about race choices, you can play a character of every race pretty easily, it only takes a few runs of basic mode counter attack or siege weapon baltane missions to get elite passes for nowhere to run or gatekeeper which let you get each character to level 150 in only a few hours of playtime. If you don't like one race or you feel a patch has made another race better, just play another character on your account, when and if you decide you want to hop yet again it's not like your other characters vanish if you don't main them for a while, but it's easy to keep progress up on them simultaneously thanks to baltane missions offering easy levelups even if you just go for current 100 off of basic mode.

TL;DR: there is no tl;dr this time because people are ignoring game mechanics, spreading FUD, and sewing anguish resentment and insecurity amoungst the community by spreading false information about the effectiveness of race exclusive skills. I'm sorry that it's such a long post but I've done my best to explain things properly without just posting long mathematical formulas.
    DARKCloudValkiryeLadameVeylaineMaxisVaughanHeavenlyLifestarkiller1286
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    Lutetium wrote: »
    ----

Um, excuse me but you're wrong. I know this because I'm an endgame human 1k buffed max, total 11k I'm the strongest in my guild of 3 people and my final hit doesn't have AoE at all, and final strike has a higher number.

expect this as the average person disputing you. Most of the forums are whales who only buy gacha and don't play, or people that just hit 10k and assume they're super strong because they can solo orbs on elite shadow wiz. There's so much FUD about "endgame" on the forums. There's probably only 25 or so people between all servers at an endgame level where racial difference between human and giant is noticed and even if it's noticed it's largely irrelevant because it'll be a small change.

Everyone thinks giants are op because you can gear a giant with a fraction of the price it takes to gear a human, and you could probably fully gear 2.5 giants at the cost it takes elves.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Be human if you want to use lance and archery talent at any time you want without needing to have few characters for it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Just play as whatever you want however you want. It shouldn't be about what race has the most damage, it should be about how you want to play. What is the most comfortable way to play.

For me that's human with dual swords and guns with a staff on the side. People often tell me "Oh you should go chains!" but I tell them "Nah I like these weapons". I also like being human, I won't change.
    LadameVeylaine
  • ValkiryeValkirye
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    Slow move speed

Reasons to be human:

LOL liking your alt account nice!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Valkirye wrote: »
    Slow move speed

Reasons to be human:

Proof m8?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 27, 2019
    Valkirye wrote: »
    Slow move speed

Reasons to be human:

SERIOUSLY what is up with these alt accounts? I mean really, what are you guys trying to prove? Are you that depraved? All you guys do is comment and try to reinforce your points and vote on polls.

This is going to end. Yall have been reported en-mass. I even let a moderator on discord know about this STUPID alt activity on here this month. You are done and so are your main forum accounts. Yeah they know your mains. It's not hard to look up that crap. This really is stupid and PATHETIC getting FAKE PEOPLE to agree with AND like your bs. And for what? Ugh...this is not how you bolster yourselves up in this community.

:|

smh...

I am seriously suspicious of any forum accounts made this month.
    Kensamaofmari
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Gaea wrote: »
    I am seriously suspicious of any forum accounts made this month.

Suspicious-Chicken-Doesnt-Trust-You-In-Despicable-Me-2.gif
    I'm sorry - you just brought this back to mind XD
    Kensamaofmari