Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What's happened in the past 2-3 years?

VasniaVasnia
Mabinogi Rep: 750
edited April 27, 2019 in General Chat
I quit mabinogi back in 2016 or 2017, I don't even remember it's been so long! I think it was just after the switch to the new forums but I'm not quite sure when that was. I don't have any current plans to get back into the game but I'm super curious about what's happened/updated/changed since then!

What happened to Sabina?
Can you go inside homestead houses or summon more than partners yet?
What's the current racial "balance" favor? (was giants>humans>elves when I quit)
Can you fly in pre-G9 areas now?
What's the highest cumulative level? (mostly for alex but I'm interested to know for all servers)
Are there any older players left?
Is alex still the most populated and tarlach dead?
Is NA caught up to KR?
What's the newest generation?
Was anything ever done about inflation or gold sinks implemented?
Is everything about gacha, reforges, and wings still?

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    1) Sabina left Nexon. Our new Community manager is Katherz.
    2) Yes and yes. Homestead housing does require a gold fee to be paid, and you can summon any pet in a homestead now.
    3) A few, or maybe all. I haven't tried all the maps.
    4) That's a good question
    5) Some
    6) Tarlach isn't "dead", but Alexina is still popular apparently.
    7) No, and we likely won't ever be. We aren't too far behind though.
    8) We're at G22. It's the start of a new Chapter and I believe they said we'd be getting G23 later this year.
    9) That's a good joke /s
    10) More or less. We have some craftable gear that's sorta kinda maybe meta, but reforges are still number 1 for damage.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 27, 2019
    -She moved on to another job, with much speculation that she was "fired".

-You can, for a first time fee of 500k, and a subsequently weekly fee of 250k with renewals. If the renewals expire, you must pay 500k again to unlock it. No, you can only summon partners to my knowledge.

-Elves=Giants>>>>Humans.

-You can, in some places, such as Tir or Dunbarton.

-Probably past 40k or perhaps 50k. I myself am 20k.

-Alexina is the most populated, and Ruairi is the deadest server over Tarlach, but by a small margin.

-Iunno. Toon and Henrietta are left, and I have been playing since G14. Polychrome, uhhh...I don't know many famous players.

-We are caught up, for the most part, lagging behind around three or so updates.

-Newest Generation is...G22? Wait, did we get G23? No?

-Nope, it is even worse than before.

-Yes, in terms of the newer items released via gachapons. New combat talents aren't that dependent on reforges. Case in point, Chainblade is super strong. Erg is also very important, as it imbues your equipment with additional effects. (For example, Water Cannon is now the highest DPS achieveable, as it cuts down Chain cylinder to a 1-second cooldown...if you can afford the materials needed for Erg 50.)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    - Active server populations are around: 13% Tarlach, 18% Ruari, 26% Mari, 43% Alexina.
    - Best/Worst/Middle race depends how you like to play the game. Do you only care about PvP or not. Are you a stats/reforge/upgrade/enchantment power your way through fights like a bull in a china shop kinda player or not.
    - We'll never catch KR, because it is deliberately used as a proving ground with live players.
  • VasniaVasnia
    I forgot one thing! Were darker skin tones ever given to elves? Almost wish I could give my character/account to someone instead of it collecting dust until the game dies. I might have to download the game (if my laptop doesn't poop out on me) and walk around one of these days for nostalgia.
  • VasniaVasnia
    Buffalos wrote: »
    stuff

I remember you, never really saw you in-game but in Fan Creations at the old forums all the time! Nice to see you're still around and you're a VFM now.
    stuff

I was kind of guesstimating it was north of 40k now, there were a few just reaching 20k when I stopped playing. I was somewhere between 10-12k with maybe 1k explorer because I was lazy af with leveling that every rb. I think those were some former elegant (guild) people you mentioned? They were as rare as unicorns by the time I quit most of them had already moved on! Does Zeo or Froglord (idr if that was his forum or ign) still play? (if you know who they are haha)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 28, 2019
    Vasnia wrote: »
    I forgot one thing! Were darker skin tones ever given to elves? Almost wish I could give my character/account to someone instead of it collecting dust until the game dies. I might have to download the game (if my laptop doesn't poop out on me) and walk around one of these days for nostalgia.

Yes!

Zeo quit, he sometimes logs in like twice a year for a day or two when big updates come. Froglord (a.k.a Skyshooter1) no idea, but he definitely appears in Iria Event spots to ruin people moods with pitiful gacha monster summons.
    Also Toon left? Thank god...
    Also Wings are a dead fashion now. 80% of hundreds varieties of wings are not even worth 10m now, because Nexon went overboard with them releasing tons in every gacha. People are more into tails or something else.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 28, 2019
    I still play. :)
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    one good thing is u can buy wings for 500k now in auction house
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah wings are a dime a dozen now.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    How can anyone leave out that Nexon is looking to be sold next month?
    Faithrend
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 29, 2019
    How can anyone leave out that Nexon is looking to be sold next month?

Oh yeah that's a thing too. Disney is gonna own Nexon because Kim is a BLEEPING idiot. Disney will shut this and other Nexon games down. Enjoy Mabinogi while you can.

:|

Thank god Peria Chronicles is finally coming out, they will be able to tailor their business model for whats to come. Because I don't think the staff know how to get away from gacha and change the business model. KR Mabinogi might survive, NA is definitely not going to.

Mark my words. This is not going to end well.
    To answer flying in pre G9 areas, only Tir and Dunby seem to have that function. Many other areas post G9 also do not have flying available.
  • GretaGreta
    To answer flying in pre G9 areas, only Tir and Dunby seem to have that function. Many other areas post G9 also do not have flying available.

Also Bangor.
    Greta wrote: »

Also Bangor.

Yes, forgot about Bangor's existence.

I believe Port Cobh is a no fly zone. How about Belvast?
  • GretaGreta

Also Bangor.

Sadly nope...

Also Bangor.

Sadly nope...

That should cover most of the areas then.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    well I mean it's not like it's hard to figure out where you can fly or not.
    Helsa wrote: »

Well most places, people wouldn't bother trying.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I would, I am always looking to glitch something. :>
    Gaea wrote: »

I would, I am always looking to glitch something. :>

Bangor has the best glitches.